• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is who I do not want back next season.

JPA, Rosales, Rios, Kirkman, Guilder (sorry man, but you have no spot on this club), Adduci, Robertson, Ross Jr, Magadan, Pettis, TAG, Busby, and last but not least Nightcrawler.

I wouldn't mind having Rosales back, if the situation is right. But to me, we've got so many potential problems with the 40 man roster already, if we sign a FA, he best be really needed.

What do you see as the major difference (s) between Robertson and Gentry? Neither one has any power, very fast and can play any OF position, although Gentry has the better arm. But they seem like pretty similar guys to me overall.

I think we're pretty much on the same page heading into the off season though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is who I do not want back next season.

JPA, Rosales, Rios, Kirkman, Guilder (sorry man, but you have no spot on this club), Adduci, Robertson, Ross Jr, Magadan, Pettis, TAG, Busby, and last but not least Nightcrawler.

:clap: 12 out of 13 here. NightCrawler can stay. He's a fan. He just absolutely hates MM (even though it's a strange obsession)

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind having Rosales back, if the situation is right. But to me, we've got so many potential problems with the 40 man roster already, if we sign a FA, he best be really needed.

What do you see as the major difference (s) between Robertson and Gentry? Neither one has any power, very fast and can play any OF position, although Gentry has the better arm. But they seem like pretty similar guys to me overall.

Gentry translated that speed to stolen bases and offense. Robertson is pretty damn blah across the board.

Craig was a 3.4 win player last year. Roberston is a .2 win player. He's not worth anything.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gattis would be a DH in the AL. Atlanta doesn't really have room for him if he has to play in the field.

Doesn't sound like the kind of "catcher" we need to be looking for then. Besides, he's only under contract for one more season and I'm not wanting to give up much for a 3rd string catcher with DH potential.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound like the kind of "catcher" we need to be looking for then. Besides, he's only under contract for one more season and I'm not wanting to give up much for a 3rd string catcher with DH potential.

A right handed power bat is something Texas doesn't have outside of Beltre. Doubt he would cost that much anyway.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I responded to this before reading all the thread pages. Everyone knows not to listen to everything JD says though. He's not going to tell the fans, hey "expect us to sign one of the top FA pitchers." I think he's probably being realistic here though because I think we'll end up trading for a starter or 2. I'm still guessing it will be with the Reds.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentry translated that speed to stolen bases and offense. Robertson is pretty damn blah across the board.

Craig was a 3.4 win player last year. Roberston is a .2 win player. He's not worth anything.
Do we have a back up for Leo that I'm over looking or do we find one if Robertson goes?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have a back up for Leo that I'm over looking or do we find one if Robertson goes?

I think it's time to lead him off vs RHP and see how he fares against LHP hitting 8th or 9th.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I responded to this before reading all the thread pages. Everyone knows not to listen to everything JD says though. He's not going to tell the fans, hey "expect us to sign one of the top FA pitchers." I think he's probably being realistic here though because I think we'll end up trading for a starter or 2. I'm still guessing it will be with the Reds.

I would be shocked beyond shocked if we traded for 2 starters.

We'd have to gut our system to do so, and I don't think JD has any such inclinations.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked beyond shocked if we traded for 2 starters.

We'd have to gut our system to do so, and I don't think JD has any such inclinations.

One could be for depth. I didn't mean to trade for 2 TORP/MORP. I still think Ervin Santana would be a good addition. Depending on the cost and if he gets a QO.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could be for depth. I didn't mean to trade for 2 TORP/MORP. I still think Ervin Santana would be a good addition. Depending on the cost and if he gets a QO.

NOPE.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to lead him off vs RHP and see how he fares against LHP hitting 8th or 9th.

I can't think of a player who has or would prosper from leading off one game and hitting 8th the next. That would really turn a players head around wouldn't it?

And Martin - small sample size I know - seems to have responded quite well to the confidence Bogar has shown in him.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of a player who has or would prosper from leading off one game and hitting 8th the next. That would really turn a players head around wouldn't it?

And Martin - small sample size I know - seems to have responded quite well to the confidence Bogar has shown in him.

Why should it? He should lead off vs RHP and shouldn't vs LHP. If that messes with his head he was pretty weak to start. I think a smart player should understand what is best for the team. He's not gonna put up a slash line of .280/.330/.390 vs LHP. He can and should do that or better vs RHP and should lead off against them because of it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should it? He should lead off vs RHP and shouldn't vs LHP. If that messes with his head he was pretty weak to start. I think a smart player should understand what is best for the team. He's not gonna put up a slash line of .280/.330/.390 vs LHP. He can and should do that or better vs RHP and should lead off against them because of it.

Can you name me a player who has ever prospered doing so please?

And it wouldn't just be his head you're fucking with. Keep that in mind.