• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do we not want back? For me it's Kirkman for starters.
Kirkman, Adduci, Cotts, Moreland, Ross...and I've thought about this...Rosales. He's come crack to earth these last few weeks, I think we have better alternatives with Rua and Sardinas.

He had a bad game today, but not using that in making my decision.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirkman, Adduci, Cotts, Moreland, Ross...and I've thought about this...Rosales. He's come crack to earth these last few weeks, I think we have better alternatives with Rua and Sardinas.

I am back to saying fuck Rosales! He was garbage when the team starting playing well. Ship his sorry ass!!!

Had a .555 OPS...GTFO

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree completely.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JPA. He never will hit for average.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Ogando? I'm done with him, just don't think he can stay healthy all season...I feel bad about this because he's done well for us in our good years...

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@StevensonFWST: Jon Daniels says Mike Maddux & Steve Beuchelle will be interviewed for mgr job.

@JeffWilson_FWST: Jon Daniels says not to expect #Rangers to be in on top-of-the-market free-agent pitchers.

And

@aandro: Rangers GM Jon Daniels said he's exchanged texts with Colby Lewis' agent today.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is who I do not want back next season.

JPA, Rosales, Rios, Kirkman, Guilder (sorry man, but you have no spot on this club), Adduci, Robertson, Ross Jr, Magadan, Pettis, TAG, Busby, and last but not least Nightcrawler.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is who I do not want back next season.

JPA, Rosales, Rios, Kirkman, Guilder (sorry man, but you have no spot on this club), Adduci, Robertson, Ross Jr, Magadan, Pettis, TAG, Busby, and last but not least Nightcrawler.
I will make a plug for keeping Nightcrawler..he's a great foil that stimulates discussion....!!!:yahoo:

I like TAG ok too, the rest can go...

Robertson....hmmm, gotta think about that one...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will make a plug for keeping Nightcrawler..he's a great foil that stimulates discussion....!!!:yahoo:

I like TAG ok too, the rest can go...

Robertson....hmmm, gotta think about that one...

Robertson has no place on a good team. He had grit, but that's not enough.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Soto. We need to trade for that Braves backup catcher you were telling us about with power. He missed our series. Being squeezed out there.

I believe you're referring to Evan Gattis, who happens to be a Dallas native.

Something I don't see many posters concerned with is, how good of a receiver is our catching combo for next season, regardless of who it is.

Keep in mind, Darvish does not like pitching to Chirinos. And it's great to want a bat with some pop, but he best be pretty good at working with the pitchers/good defensively first. At least IMO.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Rua and Smolinski on the team next year. I want Elvis moved to #8 in the order. I want Soto back to platoon with Cheerios although Telis appears serviceable.

I want healthy ball players...

I want good young pitching prospects rather than spending huge money on Lester, Shields, Scherzer...these contracts are a cancer IMO.

That's the start of my list....oh, and I want Bogar and Maddux to return. I want Magadan and Pettis gone...

:yahoo:

I agree with everything here, except I would like them to go after Shields.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like to see Martinez and Mikolas back at AAA. And that other guy who had 3 wins in a row with us at RR.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you're referring to Evan Gattis, who happens to be a Dallas native.

Something I don't see many posters concerned with is, how good of a receiver is our catching combo for next season, regardless of who it is.

Keep in mind, Darvish does not like pitching to Chirinos. And it's great to want a bat with some pop, but he best be pretty good at working with the pitchers/good defensively first. At least IMO.

Gattis would be a DH in the AL. Atlanta doesn't really have room for him if he has to play in the field.