• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors and Cavaliers, 2014-15 NBA Championship

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we won, but I have to say, Bogut is terribly mismatched against Cleveland's bigs. He's in over his head with Tristan Thompson and Mosgov. His unwillingness to score the ball when he has wide open layups/dunks makes me feel sorry for him. He's one of the most inept experienced centers from an offensive standpoint that I've ever seen. Tree Rollins was better equipped on offense than Bogut.

It was hard to imagine that we'd come back to win this game, but we've been doing it all season. I'll have to keep a blood pressure kit with me and take it after each quarter.

Bogut has an off game, but very fortunate that we still have him playing in the Finals. This is probably a bad time, very bad time to bring this up, and the wrong thread too. I wish the Dubs should go all out and get Mark Gasol. We can discuss more about this after the Finals. Dubs in 5.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut has an off game, but very fortunate that we still have him playing in the Finals. This is probably a bad time, very bad time to bring this up, and the wrong thread too. I wish the Dubs should go all out and get Mark Gasol. We can discuss more about this after the Finals. Dubs in 5.

BTW, Curry didn't play that great tonight either. He missed a couple wide opened 3s, and a couple layup as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always shocked, but shouldn't be, when Curry has 3-4 seconds (like he did on that wide open 3 in the second half and he misses. He still hits a good % of his "catch and shoot" threes, but when he has that long, it is hard to believe. I almost think that he's so set to explode and shoot the millisecond that he makes the decision to shoot that it throws him off when he's that wide open.

On the layup that I think you're thinking of, Irving had a good block against him from behind. Oh, now I know what you're thinking up. It was a layup finger roll coming down the right side of the lane where it hit the back rim. Yeah, that one hurt. He still hit 50% or better for the night with 3 pointers included. They were playing really great defense on him. His openings to score last night were limited to mere crevices, but of course we know that with Steph, that's enough. Curry also had 4 TOs in the game. He had 8 assists, though.

But, stating that both Curry and Bogut "didn't have the greatest games" last night is a bit comical. Curry didn't have a "perfect" game. Bogut was downright afraid to shoot, and it's not like the passes he was making were to wide open guys who made their shots. I was embarrassed for him. He was totally a zero on offense and not that great on defense. 7 rebounds, 2 blocks for a 7-footer in 28 minutes.

I know that it's going to be a long time before the Warriors have the opportunity to have an early draft pick. Hell, Mosgov, for the Cavs, was undrafted and he's now clearly better than Bogut overall. We've got to get creative and find someone who can be a rim protector and a serviceable offensive center. We've been able to get away with Bogut against lesser teams and lesser front-courts for most of the season because we were just that much better than the opposing teams. But, for the next several years, if the Warriors win the conference finals, we'll be staring at Irving, possible K. Love, Tristan Thompson, L. James and Mosgov to win the finals. An aging Bogut and a 6 ft 7 inch D. Green won't be sufficient to handle Thompson and Mosgov.

Someone was saying that with L. James heaping high praise upon Tristan Thompson that he was saying "we don't need K. Love and his big contract. I think he's right. The Cavs don't need Love for what he offers their team. With Irving and James as their main offensive guys, they just need a bunch of role players around them.

One more thing, I'm sure that most of you saw L. James laugh when a reporter asked James about what he felt about the Cavs' status as "underdogs". He laughed at being called the underdog, yet for all of the finals James has reached now (I think this is his fifth straight and sixth overall finals series), he's one "not 3, not 4, not 5", but only 2 of these finals series, and for some of those series, they, "Lebron" were the underdogs. His lack of humility or brazenness, if that's the right word, is offputting, to me, doesn't at all make him likeable. I've never been a "Lebron hater", never really hate any NBA player, but I may be after this series.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the idea that we pick up Gasol, how can we afford him? With high salaries such as K. Thompson's, AI9, Curry's new deal whenever it comes due, how can we afford another huge contract to get Gasol? I know that getting rid of Lee will save some salaries, but I don't see how we could get Gasol. I'd love to have him, but I think we could get by in spending much less if we had a 6' 10"+ good defender to adequately play center. Maybe Ezeli will continue to improve in the coming years and he'll be our center of the future. He'll have to make some really big strides in all areas, though.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on KNBR that Irving has a fractured knee cap and is out for 4 months. Wow that is a big blow. You hate to see a player go down ...but also to go down in the Finals is rough. I hope he recovers fully and continues his great career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Just heard on KNBR that Irving has a fractured knee cap and is out for 4 months. Wow that is a big blow. You hate to see a player go down ...but also to go down in the Finals is rough. I hope he recovers fully and continues his great career."

That really is bad news. It did seem like it was more than just what he had been experiencing before this. Well, let's look for Lebron now to jack up 50 shots in each game and for everyone to think how great he is because he scored 50 in each game.

On a more serious note, it's a shame for everyone involved that Irving is gone, but this doesn't mean the series is over with. The Cavs still are a much better rebounding team than we are and they still have James. They also defend very well.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the refs will call those cheap fouls against the Dubs in game 2. Green and Iggy can easily get 2 fouls ea in the first 5 minutes.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Just heard on KNBR that Irving has a fractured knee cap and is out for 4 months. Wow that is a big blow. You hate to see a player go down ...but also to go down in the Finals is rough. I hope he recovers fully and continues his great career."

That really is bad news. It did seem like it was more than just what he had been experiencing before this. Well, let's look for Lebron now to jack up 50 shots in each game and for everyone to think how great he is because he scored 50 in each game.

On a more serious note, it's a shame for everyone involved that Irving is gone, but this doesn't mean the series is over with. The Cavs still are a much better rebounding team than we are and they still have James. They also defend very well.

Don't you know how to use the quote FUNKSHON, dude???

U-R Hilarious.

:tsk:

C'mon Man.

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the refs will call those cheap fouls against the Dubs in game 2. Green and Iggy can easily get 2 fouls ea in the first 5 minutes.

Iggy won't be starting though...(unless you mean in the 1st 5 min he's on the floor?)

They can't let up no matter what...and although they'll be w/o Kyrie irving...the Dubs need to hold serve against the Cavs and don't want to give them any ray of hope whatsoever heading back to their house by getting a split at Oracle.

That would be an ill advised major fail.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't know how to use it. I think this function changed at some point and I tried to use it but couldn't. Also, many times I'd rather only pluck out only a certain part of someone's post rather than the whole thing. I imagine that hitting the quote button on the bottom of someone's post will allow you to do it, but it grabs the entire post. I think at some point in time I forgot that if I did want to copy someone's entire post that I could, but, again, most of the time I just want to copy a sentence or two.

It's really hard to copy and paste a line and then put quotation marks around it (insert sarcasm).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, what the hell is the "- Quote" or the "+ Quote" tab for? I naturally tried one of those in the beginning and it did not work. This must be why I just started to copy and paste certain words and then put it in quotation marks myself. I now see that the "Quote" in red right besides the first black "- Quote" is the one to use.

Still smartin' over my comments about Bogut, eh? Got a bit of passive/aggressive in you, huh?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is the day. Warriors can drop the the hammer and take a commanding 2-0 lead. Time for the hammer to fall.

Go Warriors !!

:suds::clap:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's Go Dubs!!!

11232600_844384498970261_1132725162_n.jpg

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fast pace to open game 2...perfect for Warriors

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson 21 points in the first half. Wow feed him the ball 2nd half.

Cavs 47

Warriors 46

Half

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow first Finals in NBA history to go OT in the first two games. Warriors lose game 2 95-93. Warriors too many sloppy shots and Steph was not on his best game. A missed dunk in the first half. You have to tip your cap to a Warrior in his own way..LeBron James who willed his team to a win. Everyone counted the Cavs out but the Cavs came to play with Irving out. It's setting up to be a classic Finals that will go down in history. Best of 5 going to Cleveland. Game on for both teams. Tremendous heart on both sides.

Go Warriors !!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, we played awful, though the Cavs' defense helped us to play that way. What a waste of my time this game was. We did nothing but one on one basketball. What did we think we were doing? Uggghhh!

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MVP will rebound in Cleveland. Steph looked a little tight for some reason tonight. A lot of off balance shots. You have to be loose to be a Champion and when Steph is loose he is at his very best. If he can relax..trust his teammates to knock down a few more shots ..and take more higher percentage open shots the Warriors can still roll this thing and get it back here in good shape.Loose and confident is the name of the game and the Warriors just might settle down on the road and do their thing.

Go Warriors !!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 16 assists tonight. No other statistic means more to our offense than this. Our 18 TOs isn't great, but when it's more than your assists, that's bad.

We'll make adjustments and hopefully take the next game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Green was really bad on offense tonight. He needs to establish some sort of mid-range offense skills. He had a few 10-12 foot open runners or jumpers in the lane and he instead tossed up alley-oops to Bogut. People have to realize that even though Bogut is a 7-footer, he doesn't jump all that well. It's not like tossing the ball up to someone like Anthony Davis or DeAndre Jordan. I know that D. Green has a lot of other skills, but his offense needs to grow a whole lot. His 3-pt shot has become non-existent and he really has no offensive moves that he can count on. He's been guarded as though he's a viable scorer, which has allowed him to get a decent amount of assists, but when you can't prove that you can put the ball in the hoop, people are going to start slacking off of you and guarding the ones who can actually score. On a good note, Green has cleaned up his FT during the finals thus far. I don't think he's missed one yet and he was 6-6 last night.

While I know that last night's game was close...maybe even exciting, it was one of the ugliest games I've had to watch in some time.

I was proud of Bogut for his dribble to the basket and dunk attempt last night, though he missed it. I believe he was fouled, but it was nice to see him recognize that there was a basket to shoot at.