• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial B1G basketball thread.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Dog was a ballhog. Looking though the past Big 10 players of the year, and the Big 10 players who have been in the NBA since him, it's not as much of a stretch as you might think.

Even if you compare him to the Naismith winners, he stacks up OK. Since prep to pros and one and done, it's rare to have dominant guys stick around, so you get guys like Kaminsky, and Doug McDermott end up being the best player in the game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Dog was a ballhog. Looking though the past Big 10 players of the year, and the Big 10 players who have been in the NBA since him, it's not as much of a stretch as you might think.

Even if you compare him to the Naismith winners, he stacks up OK. Since prep to pros and one and done, it's rare to have dominant guys stick around, so you get guys like Kaminsky, and Doug McDermott end up being the best player in the game.

He's had a great last couple of years. This year being even better than the last. And he's put up fantastic numbers this year. I would argue though he isn't as talented as those guys I mentioned, Turner worth debating.

For instance take Michael Redd. Averaged 22ppg his junior year, left for the NBA and had a really nice career before injuries derailed him. But he averaged 27 ppg one year in the league. Can Frank do that?

I'm not arguing if Frank had a better season than the names I mentioned. I'm sure its better than a ton of players. I just don't think he's as talented as most those players.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a great last couple of years. This year being even better than the last. And he's put up fantastic numbers this year. I would argue though he isn't as talented as those guys I mentioned, Turner worth debating.

For instance take Michael Redd. Averaged 22ppg his junior year, left for the NBA and had a really nice career before injuries derailed him. But he averaged 27 ppg one year in the league. Can Frank do that?

I'm not arguing if Frank had a better season than the names I mentioned. I'm sure its better than a ton of players. I just don't think he's as talented as most those players.

Oh yea, no question he has less NBA talent.

I actually thought that I could look back and find a lot of players who had a much better Big 10 career than Kaminsky over that period, but there aren't that many because everybody leaves early.

I mean, even Nik Stauskus left after his sophomore year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea, no question he has less NBA talent.

I actually thought that I could look back and find a lot of players who had a much better Big 10 career than Kaminsky over that period, but there aren't that many because everybody leaves early.

I mean, even Nik Stauskus left after his sophomore year.

It's weird, Kaminsky did so little early in his career, that it really hurts him from being an all-time great player IMO. He won't accumulate the types of numbers to make him an all-time great. Kaminsky only has like 1,200 career points. Like Kalin Lucas nearly scored 2,000. I don't know it's tough to evaluate because great players often leave early. Has he had a better career than like Draymond Green? Who won B1G player of the year, when the conference was much tougher. What about Alando Tucker, who won it over Oden and Conley. Frank has had a very odd career.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You win National POY and you are an all-time great no matter what you did your first two years.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player of the Year Power Rankings: Its Frank Kaminskys award to win | CollegeBasketballTalk

Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win

1. Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin: It’s getting to the point in the year where the question on every NBA fan’s mind is the comparison: Who will Player X be in the NBA? The comparison du jour for Kaminsky these days is Brad Miller, which isn’t that bad. He did average around 15 points, nine boards and four assists for a good six or seven seasons in his prime, although I’m not sure that Kaminsky can pull off the tattoos or facial hair quite like Mr. Miller.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana offense been standing around since the 10 minute mark of the first half

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many Michigan st games does teddy valentine do a yr? seems like he does every game

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice with for the Bucks of Penn State tonight. I've watched enough touneys to know we can make a run with a superstar like DA Russell

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many Michigan st games does teddy valentine do a yr? seems like he does every game

implying favorable treatment for...
Michigan State? or the Rest of the Conference?
Whoever deals with that ambulatory shitpile the least - benefits the most.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
implying favorable treatment for...
Michigan State? or the Rest of the Conference?
Whoever deals with that ambulatory shitpile the least - benefits the most.

I cant stand him. I was at the big 10 tourney two yrs ago when he completely screwed Michigan state. it just seem like every time I turn on a mich st game he has arm around izzo as izzo is yelling at him

Reactions: H2S

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I look at Iowa and it's remain schedule I think the Hawks have a solid shot at getting to 12 wins. If they can get passed maryland at home Sunday the rest of the schedule is Northwestern 2x, minnesota, Illinois and Rutgers at home with Penn state, Indiana and nebraska on the road. Very doable for a top 3 league finish

Not looking like a bad call right now.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stand him. I was at the big 10 tourney two yrs ago when he completely screwed Michigan state. it just seem like every time I turn on a mich st game he has arm around izzo as izzo is yelling at him

you have to be a real dick to achieve name recognition as a referee in college basketball...
Valentine's a dick (grant him that)...but
even at his dickiest, he's still just a poor, second-rate Eddie Hightower imitation.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why in the world does minny post up walker? he screws up every tme

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to be a real dick to achieve name recognition as a referee in college basketball...
Valentine's a dick (grant him that)...but
even at his dickiest, he's still just a poor, second-rate Eddie Hightower imitation.

You know you are a dick when fans of BOTH teams think you are a terrible ref. Hightower accomplished that on the regular. Its a rare feat.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been listening to espn and cbs about Wisky going to the dance, I agree with them, they will not be in the final 4

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been listening to espn and cbs about Wisky going to the dance, I agree with them, they will not be in the final 4

Right, because this group of guys could never make the Final Four.

:rollseyes:

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because this group of guys could never make the Final Four.

:rollseyes:

Do you honestly think these guys could make it to the final 4 or get to the the NC? I have nothing against Wisky but they just don't look like final 4 material

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think these guys could make it to the final 4 or get to the the NC? I have nothing against Wisky but they just don't look like final 4 material

It's the exact same team as last year, but everyone is clearly better. How could anyone not think we could make it? With Frank on the floor, we are 27-2 with 25 of those wins being relatively stress-free. We are #4 in KenPom, and would be top 4 in RPI if you take out the Rutgers injury-fluke game. We are #3 in adjusted scoring margin. We have as much tourney experience as anyone.

I fully expect to win the title. Nothing is guaranteed in college basketball, but when your only losses were games where your opponents shot out of their minds and you shot below average, it's not hard to imagine six straight wins.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect to win the title. Nothing is guaranteed in college basketball, but when your only losses were games where your opponents shot out of their minds and you shot below average, it's not hard to imagine six straight wins.

Kentucky is the best basketball team. This is something a Wildcat fan should be saying as they are literally odds on favorites to win the title. If Wisconsin was to win the title, it would be considered an upset.