• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial '2015 Tennessee Volunteers' Football Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee Volunteers Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page

“You certainly see the potential and down-the-road upside that he brings to the position,” special teams coordinator and tight ends coach Mark Elder said. “I’m encouraged with the promise there, but obviously it’s a long way as far as the growth process and where he needs to get to be game ready. That’s what spring’s all about, is getting ready and taking steps to get toward that.”

Creamer was able to take advantage of the numerous reps he got in spring practice to begin his position transformation in a positive way. Playing behind guys Ethan Wolf, Alex Ellis and A.J. Branisel has turned out well for Creamer, who’s able to learn from players who played tight end for longer than a couple of months. The talent ahead of him also takes away the added pressure of having to quickly learn a position because the team needs a void filled.

“He’s doing a good job as far as getting better. It’s still a process with him, but you can see improvements in his game. You see the skillset that he has,” Elder said.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.utsports.com/genrel/052715aaa.htmlhtml

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- The University of Tennessee announced Academic Progress Rates (APR) for its athletic teams in 2013-14 including 15 of 20 teams equalling or improving on the previous year's rate.

"Our student-athletes at the University of Tennessee continue to perform at a high level in the classroom," said Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Dave Hart. "The exceptional performance academically combined with our tremendous outreach in community service show the tangible progress of our student-athletes, relevant to our most important priorities."

Twelve teams posted a perfect 1000 for the 2013-14 single-year rate (women's basketball, men's cross country, women's cross country, men's golf, women's golf, women's swimming, women's tennis, men's indoor track & field, women's indoor track & field, men's outdoor track & field, women's track & field and volleyball).

Two teams, women's cross country and women's tennis posted a perfect 1000 for the multiyear rate.

Tennessee finished in the Top 5 in eight sports among Southeastern Conference schools (men's indoor track & field, men's outdoor track, women's cross country, rowing, softball, women's tennis, women's indoor track, women's outdoor track). The women's cross county and women's tennis programs tied for the top APR in the SEC in their respective sports. Tennessee rowing finished second among the schools competing in rowing in the Big 12, the team's conference for the sport.

The Tennessee football team increased its single-year APR score to 972 in 2013-14, the highest APR mark in the history of the program and a significant improvement from the 909 posted in 2011-12. This increased the multiyear APR for football from 932 to 945.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top247 QB signee Sheriron Jones rushing to join Tennessee Vols

Jones, a Top247 quarterback prospect from Rancho Verde High School in Moreno Valley, Calif., is graduating Thursday morning and then hurrying to LAX to catch a noon flight to Knoxville.

“No time for lunch,” Jones told GoVols247 on Tuesday night. “Not at all.”

As one of three Top247 quarterback prospects to sign with Tennessee in the 2015 cycle but the only one who didn’t enroll in January and participate in spring practice, Jones’ desire to get to Knoxville as quickly as possible is understandable. But the 6-foot-3, 190-pound Southern Californian insists he doesn’t begrudge Quinten Dormady and Jauan Jennings for getting a head start on him. He just wants to get to work with his new friends and future teammates as quickly as possible.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee Volunteers Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page

John Kelly isn't even on campus yet and already he's working like Butch Jones is watching.

The Scout three-star running back from Oak Park, Michigan, is spending his portion of summer before joining the Vols with trainer Daryl Graham, who has worked closely with Tennessee running backs coach Robert Gillespie to develop a regimen to put Kelly in top physical condition for his debut in Knoxville.

“Really it’s (working on) the whole thing, but the thing that Coach G has been telling me a lot, and my trainer, is like footwork drills. I’ll be on the ladder and I’ll be on my cones every time I get a chance,” Kelly told InsideTennessee.

“It’s definitely a combination. Coach Daryl and Coach Gillespie, they definitely work hand-in-hand. Whatever they tell me to do I’m just doing it.”

Kelly, who will join Tennessee “sometime next week,” says the thought of putting on the orange jersey and Power T helmet has sustained him as he grinds out the days leading up to his arrival.

“That’s exactly what I’m thinking about,” he said. “I know I’m working pretty hard to get down there. That’s definitely what’s on my mind.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sneak peek of the new Nike unis, not really sure what part of the jersey this would be though.

MY5hKpG.jpg

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like our week 1 opponent might be without their best defensive player: