• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Arizona Cardinals Thread

How Far Will the Arizona Cardinals Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AZ makes the playoffs they need to send some sort of sympathy gift to the Raiders. Who lets a young stud LT go while spending millions upon millions on 30+ year old FA's? Someone in the Cardinal front office should spend some jail time for that blatant thievery.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AZ makes the playoffs they need to send some sort of sympathy gift to the Raiders. Who lets a young stud LT go while spending millions upon millions on 30+ year old FA's? Someone in the Cardinal front office should spend some jail time for that blatant thievery.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked about that one as well.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure stupidity by Oakland for letting Veldheer hit FA. I think they tried to low ball him at the start of contract negotiations because he was coming off an injury. Hulk wasn't having any of that. Then it got acrimonious when Hulk's brother took over as his agent. He felt the team was disrespecting his brother with their initial & subsequent offers.

Moral of the story is: Don't let a young starting LT hit free agency or you will lose them & end up paying more for a lesser talent to replace him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With good protection he is a quality QB. How do you get 7-9 when they went 10-6 last year with a completely new coaching staff, new QB, and new front office?

They beefed up the online, beefed up the secondary and added more offensive weapons. Not to mention they have a year of Arians offense under their belt.

If they split the division, they will have a record that is no less than 9-7.

You may be right but I don't think anything about last year determines anything this year.
Just not a Palmer fan.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Palmer because I went to USC, but part of me wanted Cincinnati or Oakland to call his bluff on retiring because he saved his millions.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you are becoming the weirdest poster here. :L

Straight up A freaking fruit loop

K-Pax says it's written in the the stars. The ones around the planet the NFL controling aliens are from. Easy right

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure stupidity by Oakland for letting Veldheer hit FA.
Agreed. One of the weirdest things to happen during the offseason last year. The Cardinals should be set at tackle but the interior of the oline is probably a bit more of a question mark.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. One of the weirdest things to happen during the offseason last year. The Cardinals should be set at tackle but the interior of the oline is probably a bit more of a question mark.

I would say letting Lamaar Houston go was the bigger shocker. Veldheer at least was hurt last year so understandable if a team doesn't want to pay him big bucks (even though they should have) but Houston was the one bright spot on a terrible defense. Put some talent around that guy and watch him explode this season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voted Miss the Playoffs, because as good as they could be, I can't see three NFC West teams making it. Closely picked Chicago over Arizona for a Wild Card spot. St. Louis might make it easier for the Cardinals.