• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Arizona Cardinals Thread

How Far Will the Arizona Cardinals Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So far:

The Seattle Seahawks Thread - SB Winner

The Denver Broncos Thread - Lost to SB Winner

The San Francisco 49ers Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The New England Patriots Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup

The New Orleans Saints Thread - Lost to SB Winner

The San Diego Chargers Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup

The Carolina Panthers Thread - Lost to NFCC Runnerup

The Indianapolis Colts Thread - Lost to the AFCC Runnerup.

The Green Bay Packers Thread - Lost to the NFCC Runnerup.

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread - SB Winner beat the Saints who beat the Eagles.

The Kansas City Chiefs Thread - SB Runnerup beat the Colts who beat the Chiefs.

The Cincinnati Bengals Thread - AFC Runnerup Beat the Chargers who beat the Bengals

The Arizona Cardinals Thread - Best Record for a Non-Playoff Team in a Hard Division

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the Cards and they are secretly rolling out a potentially good OLine this year for the first time in decades. All 3 levels of the D are excellent if Washington was playing. I think a ton of importance is on Andre Ellingtons shoulders. If he can break out for 1150+ this will be a hard to beat team.

Anyone see the new 2014 NFL guides? I cant remember if it was Lindys or another one but they had the Cards at #4 in their power rankings. (1. Seattle, 2. Denver, 3. 49ers, 4. Cardinals)

That seems a little high but top 10 is a definite possibility.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the Cards and they are secretly rolling out a potentially good OLine this year for the first time in decades. All 3 levels of the D are excellent if Washington was playing. I think a ton of importance is on Andre Ellingtons shoulders. If he can break out for 1150+ this will be a hard to beat team.

Anyone see the new 2014 NFL guides? I cant remember if it was Lindys or another one but they had the Cards at #4 in their power rankings. (1. Seattle, 2. Denver, 3. 49ers, 4. Cardinals)

Well put...OL...Idk if this crew is totally fixed yet...RG & RT still a question, but you have to like the LT in FA.

Palmer is an older guy...love his 3 WR set, and your point on Ellington is true...the OL needs to be at a high level for the Cards for go far, lot of new pieces to make work in a short time...the DEF is good enough to keep them in every game...I like their out of DIV road games...with the exception of DEN they should be no worse than a 3 pt dog...AZ could end up 10-6 if they split their DIV games.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona is right there. I actually see all four West teams as being very close. Arizona should have a much improved OL. If it weren't for their issues at LB, they might sneak in IMO

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is our year. The O-Line will be much better, it will be Palmer's second year in Arian's system so he should feel a lot more comfortable and know what to expect. Fitz is Fitz, Floyd is due for a breakout year, Ellington made some big strides in his rookie year, the TE's look better, and the defense should pick up where it left off... I'm really liking how things are shaping up. If only Washington's dumb ass didn't get suspended for the entire fucking season. :doh:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle, San Francisco, @Seattle, @San Francisco, @Denver: Win 2 (1)
Kansas City, San Diego, Philadelphia, Detroit: Win 3 (2)
St. Louis, Washington, @Atlanta: Win 2 (3)
@Oakland, @St. Louis, @Dallas, @New York: Win 2 (3)

Anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5. Can't really tell. So, for now, I will say 9-7 because while I think they are better than a 9-7 team, the division and playing @Denver make it hard to predict higher. I could see a flop, too, but for now, this is my guess.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle, San Francisco, @Seattle, @San Francisco, @Denver: Win 2 (1)
Kansas City, San Diego, Philadelphia, Detroit: Win 3 (2)
St. Louis, Washington, @Atlanta: Win 2 (3)
@Oakland, @St. Louis, @Dallas, @New York: Win 2 (3)

Anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5. Can't really tell. So, for now, I will say 9-7 because while I think they are better than a 9-7 team, the division and playing @Denver make it hard to predict higher. I could see a flop, too, but for now, this is my guess.

The loss of the 2 middle guys in the defense makes it hard to think the defense is going to be as good as last year for me. Those guys played lights out so I could see especially at the beginning of the season the new guys needing some time to adjust.

Having said that though I think the offense will be much improved with the OL (especially left side) really getting a boost. I have them at 10 wins again.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of the 2 middle guys in the defense makes it hard to think the defense is going to be as good as last year for me. Those guys played lights out so I could see especially at the beginning of the season the new guys needing some time to adjust.

Having said that though I think the offense will be much improved with the OL (especially left side) really getting a boost. I have them at 10 wins again.

Definitely shallow at LB, but the Secondary is much improved. Adding Cromartie, drafting Bucannon and having Honey Badger back will make it difficult for teams to throw on them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think AZ is one of the more overrated teams. Think they miss the playoffs and would guess they don't finish over .500

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cards wont even make the playoffs.Why ? because Arizona is hosting the Super Bowl

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cards went 8-8 with no playoffs in the 2007 season, the season they hosted the SB

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cards went 8-8 with no playoffs in the 2007 season, the season they hosted the SB

There is one huge difference...... Talent. Please don't be conspiracy theory guy. It is such a ridiculous argument.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to watch the highlights of the Cards/Texans game on NFL network and the whole segment all they talked about was Clowneys 1 tackle for a loss. Not one mention of Palmer going 5/5 for 80+ and a TD in one series, or rookie John Brown from Pittsburg state with 5 grabs for 87 or how about Rookie QB Logan Thomas going 11/12 for 113 and a TD. I realize it's preseason, I just find it kind of laughable.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to watch the highlights of the Cards/Texans game on NFL network and the whole segment all they talked about was Clowneys 1 tackle for a loss. Not one mention of Palmer going 5/5 for 80+ and a TD in one series, or rookie John Brown from Pittsburg state with 5 grabs for 87 or how about Rookie QB Logan Thomas going 11/12 for 113 and a TD. I realize it's preseason, I just find it kind of laughable.

I know it was preseason but AZ looked really good. I could see 3 teams coming out of that division in playoffs. Pay no heed to K-pax. His Rams/Wash/GB have a 1 in 10 in making playoffs no conspiracy

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't get behind Carson Palmer
7-9

With good protection he is a quality QB. How do you get 7-9 when they went 10-6 last year with a completely new coaching staff, new QB, and new front office?

They beefed up the online, beefed up the secondary and added more offensive weapons. Not to mention they have a year of Arians offense under their belt.

If they split the division, they will have a record that is no less than 9-7.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it was preseason but AZ looked really good. I could see 3 teams coming out of that division in playoffs. Pay no heed to K-pax. His Rams/Wash/GB have a 1 in 10 in making playoffs no conspiracy

After reading his last post, I have come to realize K-pax is truly a troubled individual. No BS, dude is really mentally ill. You just simply can't argue or debate with someone like that. The guy must really live a tortured life in his own head.

BTW- I think we should officially refer to him as K-pax from now on. That is just straight up funny.