• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's Most Storied Program Tournament - (9) Miami FL vs (19) Georgia Tech

Who has a more storied program?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The U wrote a much more interesting history book in their 30yrs of greatness than Georgia Tech did in 100yrs.

Fuck that shit. Since Schnellenberger, Miami has played dirty. Classless Helmet Hair Johnson led his Miami gridiron gunsels on a victory lap around the stadium. Goddam scandal ridden program of Spoiled Brat University.

Georgia Tech has produced engineers who won wars, built America, and produced innovations to save humankind. Their fight song is a classic. Their history is the stuff of legend. They are a goddam blessing.

Oh, if I had a daughter, sir, I'd dress her in White and Gold,
And put her on the campus, to cheer the brave and bold.

If you'd allow your daughter to attend Miami, you're quite possibly a negligent parent.

[Now, if the reply isn't quite enough over the top for you, I can pen an even more outrageous rant. Note: All requests are vetted. Reply is not guaranteed.]

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
222-0 might be poor sportsmanship, but it is still helps with it being a "storied" program. It doesn't have to be a positive to be storied, it could be notorious.

Now, @Johndyer210 was on the right track. I disagree with him, I think GT's all-time history book beats Miami's last 35 years. If you took each program and made a history book of their program, who's is more interesting? I never thought of it that way. Doesn't have to be in good nature, it could be very notorious, but is it storied?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
222-0 might be poor sportsmanship, but it is still helps with it being a "storied" program. It doesn't have to be a positive to be storied, it could be notorious.

Now, @Johndyer210 was on the right track. I disagree with him, I think GT's all-time history book beats Miami's last 35 years. If you took each program and made a history book of their program, who's is more interesting? I never thought of it that way. Doesn't have to be in good nature, it could be very notorious, but is it storied?

Who has had not 1, but 2 30 for 30s done about them? That should answer the question.

Most interesting indeed.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case, then few programs can compete with Miami . .

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami's recent 10 year swoon swung it for me to the rambling wreck.

At first it seemed like an obvious landslide for the Canes, but if you pause a second its actually fairly close.

If Miami had just kept on rolling, they win easily....they could have used the old "leather helmet" oklahoma excuse and point towards their modern history.

But they have struggled now for over 10 years (zero bowl wins, only once ranked) since joining the same league as Georgia Tech.

Tech seems like a darkhorse national title contender while Miami (FL) seems like the next program looking to start over again.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump:

Just a few more hours until deadline.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Storied" is not recent history. Just what do you think STORIED means? Recent - or total body of work over the relevant timeframe?

I already fought this argument, twice, and lost. Of course, I'm Texas, so I didnt have a chance with this bunch. Maybe you'll do better.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

like-i-give-a-fuck-gif.gif

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have reward buttons now? I gave you cake. What it mean?