• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scandrick may hold out

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Orlando Scandrick is going to hold out to start the year. Apparently unhappy with his contract, Scandrick hasn't shown up for voluntary workouts and is expected to sit out to start training camp. Sorry, no links at the moment.

If this is the case, then Scandrick is going to win this stare down, he's the only starting caliber CB on the roster. With Dallas starved for talent at CB and Carr in limbo, it will really put the Cowboys in a tough spot not to have Scandrick in the fold. Scandrick is under contract through 2018 and is scheduled to make a base salary of $1.5mil, he counts 4.35mil against the cap.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Orlando Scandrick is going to hold out to start the year. Apparently unhappy with his contract, Scandrick hasn't shown up for voluntary workouts and is expected to sit out to start training camp. Sorry, no links at the moment.

If this is the case, then Scandrick is going to win this stare down, he's the only starting caliber CB on the roster. With Dallas starved for talent at CB and Carr in limbo, it will really put the Cowboys in a tough spot not to have Scandrick in the fold. Scandrick is under contract through 2018 and is scheduled to make a base salary of $1.5mil, he counts 4.35mil against the cap.

if he wants to hold out then he's going to lose money. he is already going to lose 500K for not showing up this week how much more does he want to lose

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he just sign an extension in the last couple of years? Wasn't he suspended to start the year last year? Hasn't he been a #3 CB more than a #1 or 2 since he has been here? I'm a big Scandrick fan, but no way do I let him strong arm me if I'm the team. If anything this just makes me look even closer at the other CBs out there or who may be out there after roster cut downs and in the draft. He is a good player, but he isn't as good as HE thinks he is. If I'm Marinelli I put Carr and Mo as my starters and tell him he needs to win the job if he misses even one day. Extending him makes us better this year, but if we do it there is always someone else right behind ready to hold out once they see how it worked out. If he was on the last year of his deal I'd play along. Not now and not this way...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he wants to hold out then he's going to lose money. he is already going to lose 500K for not showing up this week how much more does he want to lose

Is that legal for voluntary workouts?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has a clause in his contract for a 500K bump if he attends 93% of the offseason workouts.
his choice

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dallas could keep a straight face while telling Scandrick the Cowboys will just go into the season with Mo and Carr as the starters. Scandrick has a little leverage here. And now Carr has more leverage, too. This is not good for Dallas, not the worst thing in the world, but it's not going to help them save any money in the secondary.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dallas could keep a straight face while telling Scandrick the Cowboys will just go into the season with Mo and Carr as the starters. Scandrick has a little leverage here. And now Carr has more leverage, too. This is not good for Dallas, not the worst thing in the world, but it's not going to help them save any money in the secondary.

or they could tell both Scandrick and Carr okay we will just go with White and a rookie CB with Claiborne as the slot CB if (1) Scandrick doesn't report and fulfill his contract obligations and (2) Carr doesn't accept a pay cut or trade

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or they could tell both Scandrick and Carr okay we will just go with White and a rookie CB with Claiborne as the slot CB if (1) Scandrick doesn't report and fulfill his contract obligations and (2) Carr doesn't accept a pay cut or trade

Does the team expect to contend? That doesn't sound like a solid plan if the team intends to make a deep post season run.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Scandrick is helping Carr more than himself. He'll be back eventually. No need to cave. He's the bad guy here if he holds out

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure White makes the roster. I would think Patmon is way more likely, but who knows

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Smith of the Ravens just signed a 4yr/48mil extension with the Ravens.

Seems a lot of money for a very inconsistent CB. Didn't hear much about this here in Baltimore leading up to the signing -- then again I don't follow the Ravens very closely. IMO this is not a good deal for Baltimore.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the team expect to contend? That doesn't sound like a solid plan if the team intends to make a deep post season run.

scandrick will cave and i think the Cowboys have had enough of carr

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think white is their plan if claiborne fails again

Man I don't know. He sucked from what I remember. with NO. I wouldn't be surprised if they lined him up as a safety. Seems like a STs guy with position flex is the best way for him to make the roster

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they go CB in one of the 1st two rounds and again by the 5th. Then Jerry yawns at Orlando

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Scandrick is by far the best CB on this team, if we go into the season with Mo and Carr as our starting CB's then we instantly become a bottom tier team defensively. I think Scandrick might be a top 20 guy. There's not another DB on this team that cracks the top 70. Even if we draft 7 cb's in the upcoming draft there's not a guy who for this season would be better than Orlando. I think Scandrick is a solid player and is somewhat a silent leader on the field. I think you can afford to make this guy happy and give him a little bump in salary without hurting the team. Don't break the bank lets not be crazy here. As far as Carr goes he can walk tomorrow and Not many here would care.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it OS, we stood by you and this is what you do. I have no real solutions but if he does this I would have to dig in and just say no. This has to stop. Guys like Russell Wilson, quarterback to start consecutive SB played for under a million. What he signed and he lives up to his end. GM's should collude and when this comes up say no to anybody who tries it. F their season.

I know that sounded dumb, but I am tired of this.

/end rant/

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Scandrick is by far the best CB on this team, if we go into the season with Mo and Carr as our starting CB's then we instantly become a bottom tier team defensively. I think Scandrick might be a top 20 guy. There's not another DB on this team that cracks the top 70. Even if we draft 7 cb's in the upcoming draft there's not a guy who for this season would be better than Orlando. I think Scandrick is a solid player and is somewhat a silent leader on the field. I think you can afford to make this guy happy and give him a little bump in salary without hurting the team. Don't break the bank lets not be crazy here. As far as Carr goes he can walk tomorrow and Not many here would care.

I agree completely with all of the bolded. I think Scandrick has been fantastic for us. But, you can't just let guys bully you into giving them more money. Why did he sign the deal? I play hardball with ANY player that sits out in any year other than his last year. Now as of today Scandrick hasn't done that so this could just be a big deal out of nothing. Come into camp play hard, play like a Pro Bowler during the year and the team will take care of you. Do it this way and no...

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely with all of the bolded. I think Scandrick has been fantastic for us. But, you can't just let guys bully you into giving them more money. Why did he sign the deal? I play hardball with ANY player that sits out in any year other than his last year. Now as of today Scandrick hasn't done that so this could just be a big deal out of nothing. Come into camp play hard, play like a Pro Bowler during the year and the team will take care of you. Do it this way and no...

And there is the rub. Some might say that both Murray and Dez did exactly that. I know that the DEz situation is still very fluid, but I think the family apsect of the cowboys is fading(may not be a bad thing) and its becoming a business for everyone involved.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys honestly believe that if Scandrick showed up and played at a high level that Dallas would reward him with a new, more lucrative contract? LOL. Considering he is signed through 2018 I strongly doubt it. Scandrick signed a below market rate deal when he extended his contract in 2013, his only recourse at this point is to hold out.

Scandrick could either hold out, or fake some phantom injury. His contract in 2015 is fully guaranteed in the case of injury. He could "pull" a hamstring and that's that. Either way, it's in Dallas' best interest to make this thing go away quietly and keep Scandrick happy, it looks like he did Dallas a solid with the restructure of his deal in 2013. As far as CB's go, Scandrick is a bargain.