• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Rankings 11: Best of the Next Ten

Of those not already selected, who is the Best Remaining QB?

• Matthew Stafford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carson Palmer

• Nick Foles

• Cam Newton

• Jay Cutler

• Colin Kaepernick

• Andy Dalton

• RGIII

• Sam Bradford

• Derek Carr

• Teddy Bridgewater

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty straight forward. Right now, given their current age, not past prime (Peyton) or future prime (Luck), for 2015, who is the next best QB in the NFL? (List of the voted QBs so far below.) If you believe either of those two will be the best NFL QB next year, vote for them, of course. Assume health (besides age or current known issues) and average to above average supporting cast.

Remember, this is for this coming year only.

QB Rankings 1: Aaron Rodgers
QB Rankings 2: Peyton Manning
QB Rankings 3: Andrew Luck
QB Rankings 4: Ben Roethlisberger
QB Rankings 5: Tony Romo
QB Rankings 6: Tom Brady
QB Rankings 7: Philip Rivers
QB Rankings 8: Drew Brees
QB Rankings 9: Joe Flacco

Matt Ryan (15) edged out Russell Wilson for the last spot in the Top Ten, possibly due to people thinking Matt Ryan is Top Ten or possibly because people think Wilson is not. No one else got close to these two. QB Rankings 10: Matt Ryan

Decided to use the full 15 options for the poll. The options are not ranked. This poll lasts 4 days and it'll go 4 days each until 16 because we'll need votes (because 9-16 is more of a debate and likely harder to get votes early). 2 days each from there on.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is quite clear. Envy drives these polls......

I agree. For some people it's not about who they honestly think is better but who they can vote for to beat a guy they dislike. I'm not exempt from this either. I dislike Roehtlisberger so much if you asked me to pick who was the better QB between him and a pile of dirty laundry, I'd pick the pile of dirty laundry out of spite.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. For some people it's not about who they honestly think is better but who they can vote for to beat a guy they dislike. I'm not exempt from this either. I dislike Roehtlisberger so much if you asked me to pick who was the better QB between him and a pile of dirty laundry, I'd pick the pile of dirty laundry out of spite.

I was thinking about making the polls to be unreleased until the deadline, but I was concerned with having to run subsequent polls to make up for a tie. If someone did not know who was close to Wilson, they would have to guess. That would likely make it so that those who were voting in spite would probably spread out their votes to a few other quarterbacks instead of one and only those specifically voted for, like Wilson, would win. Or people wouldn't vote and that's why I didn't opt for that option. I actually don't think we have that option, I think the only option we have is to not see the results until you vote and to not allow changes. If that's the case then people could just post, "how is Wilson winning over Ryan?" Then people would know to vote for Ryan instead of Manning.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I obviously hate Roethlisberger, but it didn't stop me from voting for him in the #2 slot (which is where he belongs heading into 2015).

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about making the polls to be unreleased until the deadline, but I was concerned with having to run subsequent polls to make up for a tie. If someone did not know who was close to Wilson, they would have to guess. That would likely make it so that those who were voting in spite would probably spread out their votes to a few other quarterbacks instead of one and only those specifically voted for, like Wilson, would win. Or people wouldn't vote and that's why I didn't opt for that option. I actually don't think we have that option, I think the only option we have is to not see the results until you vote and to not allow changes. If that's the case then people could just post, "how is Wilson winning over Ryan?" Then people would know to vote for Ryan instead of Manning.

There is obviously no fool proof way to do it, and it's all a beauty contest anyway with homers picking their faves and others picking on popularity or past heroics. No different than pro-bowl voting in my opinion. It's still interesting though.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously hate Roethlisberger, but it didn't stop me from voting for him in the #2 slot (which is where he belongs heading into 2015).

I try to be objective, but if I'm honest I know I let my own biases creep into the decision making. I suspect its like that for many others too.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt but they're not enough to sway the vote. If you look at who won, it's pretty solid (though I absolute disagree with Brady and Brees being top 10 QBs next season). If some would swallow their pride (cough, cough @Southieinnc and just vote) instead of the silly protesting it'd be even better.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt but they're not enough to sway the vote. If you look at who won, it's pretty solid (though I absolute disagree with Brady and Brees being top 10 QBs next season). If some would swallow their pride (cough, cough @Southieinnc and just vote) instead of the silly protesting it'd be even better.

Even including homerism and all, if people really just voted for the best QB of the QBs on the poll, this would be a better poll. I can't control how many participate and how long or for how they vote when they do ("I don't think so and so is 3rd because he's 2nd," or "Matt Ryan looks good because I don't want Wilson to win" never did it for me). I voted for my favorite and will change if there's a tie. I didn't vote for him inside the top 9 and would have immediately changed my vote in case of a tie.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do a great job with the polls. If you ever figure a way to get us to post honestly, I want to buy stock in your venture.....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 Hours to vote...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1