• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Rankings 4: Who is the Fourth Best QB in 2015?

Who is the Fourth Best QB in the NFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty straight forward. Right now, given their current age, not past prime (Peyton) or future prime (Luck), for 2015, who is the next best QB in the NFL? (List of the voted QBs so far below.) If you believe either of those two will be the best NFL QB next year, vote for them, of course. Assume health (besides age or current known issues) and average to above average supporting cast.

Remember, this is for this coming year only.

QB Rankings 1: Aaron Rodgers
QB Rankings 2: Peyton Manning

Andrew Luck (18) edged out Big Ben (16) for who was the third best 2015 QB. Tom Brady finished third with 12 votes and Tony Romo and Russell Wilson received 3 each. Philip Rivers and Joe Flacco got 1 each. QB Ranking 3: Who is the Third Best QB in 2015?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for those interested, Andrew Luck jumped from 6th to 3rd from last year.

Results of the 2014 SportsHoopla QB Rankings Poll Series

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo.

What should be the best OLine and best receiver in football will be a big help. So is Scott Linehan. Would not be surprised if he wins MVP this season.

I'm no Cowboy fan in any way,shape or form. But that's just the way it is. The man is a helluva QB. And Jerry didn't even have to use a draft pick on him.

(Ben and Brees are my 5-6)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo.

What should be the best OLine and best receiver in football will be a big help. So is Scott Linehan. Would not be surprised if he wins MVP this season.

I'm no Cowboy fan in any way,shape or form. But that's just the way it is. The man is a helluva QB. And Jerry didn't even have to use a draft pick on him.

(Ben and Brees are my 5-6)

How did you get your username, I'd have assumed Boise State, Denver Broncos, etc., but you are Detroit and Miami. You're not OJ, are you? (His car and state.) ;)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you get your username, I'd have assumed Boise State, Denver Broncos, etc., but you are Detroit and Miami. You're not OJ, are you? (His car and state.) ;)
Until Mayhew lied and didn't resign Suh, I had no interest in the Suhfins. My middle favorite team's logo was a Brown n Gold horse head that was Denvers first. (It's actually Black instead of brown now since kids don't like tradition. And might be the mirror image instead of a direct ripoff. I think it is.)

I was also a Chicago Enforcers fan for a year because a fellow Bronco, Tim Lester was their QB.
And have an XFL ball in my trunk in case anybody wants to play 500 randomly.

My boys lost a bowl game last year in Boise, but they play home games in Kalamazoo.

Coulda just said I went to Western Michigan I guess. But Tim Lester deserved a shout out on The Hoop.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not OJ. (I did drive to The Keys in a Bronco once. Gas was cheaper then.)

But there's a chance I'm Nordberg.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before a Pats fan protests and says something incredibly juvenile and unclever about Big Ben's past.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this vote is just who we think will have the best 2015 season? No all time comparison, no who is better, just who will have the best 2015, right?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers, Ben, Romo and Brady are the 4 best Qbs going into next season with Peyton 5 just due to his age and the fact that Im not even sure Peyton will finish next season. I still think all of those guys are firmly ahead of Luck but Luck will likely be #1 at some point if he doesnt take too many hits in his career.

Romo is probably getting the most help and would probably be my frontrunner for MVP next season. Brady also has Gronk who might be the biggest mismatch in football.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this vote is just who we think will have the best 2015 season? No all time comparison, no who is better, just who will have the best 2015, right?

At their current age, development, and physical and mental makeup on a team with average to above average supporting cast in their best-suited system, who is the best/second/third, etc. I wanted to eliminate the Calvin Johnson versus Joe Schmoe factor, the terrible oline, bad coach, bad fit system, etc. so early 2000 Peyton should be different than 2015 Manning, either better (mental) or worse (physical).

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is probably getting the most help and would probably be my frontrunner for MVP next season.

It's sad that this actually makes sense because based on what "Most Valuable Player" should be, this would make no sense whatsoever.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers, Ben, Romo and Brady are the 4 best Qbs going into next season with Peyton 5 just due to his age and the fact that Im not even sure Peyton will finish next season. I still think all of those guys are firmly ahead of Luck but Luck will likely be #1 at some point if he doesnt take too many hits in his career.

Romo is probably getting the most help and would probably be my frontrunner for MVP next season. Brady also has Gronk who might be the biggest mismatch in football.

I actually agree big time with all of this. I think if Luck actually had a decent OL in front of him he would quickly become my front-runner to be the guy to give Rodgers a run for his money at the top. The Colts continue though to rely on the QB to make the OL look much better than it is and would rather surround the QB with skill position weapons. If I were a QB I would much rather have average skill position players and a great OL. Luck is just going to continue to get hit time after time and while he has held up really well so far eventually that takes a toll mentally and physically on a player.

Romo I do agree stands a very good chance at MVP this year as he definitely has the best OL in football and it is not even close while also having some pretty good skill position players (if they sign their FT). Another piece of information lost from last year is that of the Cowboys had the fewest drops of any team in the league last year so even beyond Bryant the WR core actually does pretty darn well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad that this actually makes sense because based on what "Most Valuable Player" should be, this would make no sense whatsoever.
Most Important Player has probably been Peyton Manning every year he has been playing for the past decade.

Not sure building a team around one guy is the way to go but he is clearly the most important

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree big time with all of this. I think if Luck actually had a decent OL in front of him he would quickly become my front-runner to be the guy to give Rodgers a run for his money at the top. The Colts continue though to rely on the QB to make the OL look much better than it is and would rather surround the QB with skill position weapons. If I were a QB I would much rather have average skill position players and a great OL. Luck is just going to continue to get hit time after time and while he has held up really well so far eventually that takes a toll mentally and physically on a player.

Romo I do agree stands a very good chance at MVP this year as he definitely has the best OL in football and it is not even close while also having some pretty good skill position players (if they sign their FT). Another piece of information lost from last year is that of the Cowboys had the fewest drops of any team in the league last year so even beyond Bryant the WR core actually does pretty darn well.

You seem pretty reasonable about Romo, I think a lot of people would say that having the lowest drop rate last year would probably not be repeated and therefore along with losing Murray, he would be set for down year. I don't believe that, but I do believe people think that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem pretty reasonable about Romo, I think a lot of people would say that having the lowest drop rate last year would probably not be repeated and therefore along with losing Murray, he would be set for down year. I don't believe that, but I do believe people think that.

Well finishing 1st in any category in the NFL is a tough task for sure. You don't usually see though a huge drop off from one year to the next so I would still expect since they still have a pretty similar group to last year that they will remain top-5 in the category. As for the losing of Murray it will hurt for sure. I will say though that I do think they will have an even better OL than last year with everybody pretty much returning so another year of being together plus the added bonus Collins possibly starting. So that could help balance out the loss of Murray but Murray definitely added an extra dimension to that run game. I am interested though to see what McFadden can do behind a good OL. His injuries might have already got the best of him but the guy when healthy is definitely an explosive player. He never really stood a chance behind such a terrible OL in Oakland but I could see him having a career year this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure head to head match up is the best way to prove your point considering they don't actually play against each other. I think most know the Colts defense is a big time weakness on the team. Throw in getting ahead 21-3 early in the game kind of makes life that much tougher on a QB. Now understand this is not me saying that Ben doesn't deserve to be ahead of Luck as I would definitely put him ahead and voted that way in the last poll. Again just more not the greatest example to prove your point.