• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Police want to speak with La'el Collins

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the "highly questionable sources and/or hearsay," well I don't put very much stock into Swarm claiming he "heard it on XM radio."

Well that is a major media outlet putting that out there and in case you didn't notice he was telling me to calm down about me being pissed that we hadn't done shit to go after Collins.

At the same time I was being told by you and others the crap about not knowing what the Lions stealth secret Lions actually did, that the media wouldn't somehow cover it anyway because we are the no interest Lions, and he wasn't coming here anyway.

Not one single thing to back that up other than posters own thoughts, absolutely nothing. You dismiss it as hearsay, and not a credible source. You did the same with the article talking about how The Clown Show got their jobs and yet somehow want to say that I brush off facts to suit my argument? Give me a God damn break dude, you dismiss actual events, articles, and media coverage to suit yours. I brush off your OPINION on things until you can at least offer me one source of even the slightest bit of credibility, which not one of the blind faithers have offered up

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is a major media outlet putting that out there and in case you didn't notice he was telling me to calm down about me being pissed that we hadn't done shit to go after Collins.

At the same time I was being told by you and others the crap about not knowing what the Lions stealth secret Lions actually did, that the media wouldn't somehow cover it anyway because we are the no interest Lions, and he wasn't coming here anyway.

Not one single thing to back that up other than posters own thoughts, absolutely nothing. You dismiss it as hearsay, and not a credible source. You did the same with the article talking about how The Clown Show got their jobs and yet somehow want to say that I brush off facts to suit my argument? Give me a God damn break dude, you dismiss actual events, articles, and media coverage to suit yours. I brush off your OPINION on things until you can at least offer me one source of even the slightest bit of credibility, which not one of the blind faithers have offered up
A major media outlet, sure, but, as far as I can tell, Swarm is the only one who claims to have heard it.

You're picking and choosing on that one. I never said the media wouldn't/didn't cover it because the Lions are the Lions, I just pointed out that there's a lot of moving parts to the media as a whole. They're not contractually obligated to print a report on absolutely everything all the time. They print what they think will generate results and interest. Furthermore, they have to get their info from sources, so there may be some situations where several teams are involved in something, but only some get reported as being involved, depending on who wrote it and what sources they have with what team. Writer A may have great sources with team 1, 2, and 3, and no good sources with team 3, 4, or 5, whereas Writer B may have good sources with team 3, 4, and 5, and no sources with team 1, 2, or 3.

It's not some big conspiracy, or anything like that, its just that some things find their way to print sometimes when others don't. Some teams like to play it close to the vest in some situations, others may not care as much. It's all completely situational, and simply isn't black-and white... there's no one-size-fits-all explanation when it comes to the media. They're a business trying to make money, so whatever they deem to be the most financially prudent is what makes it to print (or film, or audio, etc...)

I dismiss it as hearsay because of who we head it from. It may well have been discussed on talk radio, but nobody credible seems to have heard it.

Such as?

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More often than not, and this isn't my opinion at all- the numbers back it up, 4th and 5th rounders just don't pan out in the long run. Most don't see a second contract with the team that drafted them. That's just the reality of the draft.

And yet you somehow will defend Millenhew for not being the one GM to step up and spend a lousy 7th rd pick on a 1st rd talent. It was an unprecedented opportunity, had never happened before. We have a definite need at the position. Just because every other team passed means absolutely nothing. A bad decision by everyone doesn't make it a good decision. Funny how almost every other team in the league is reported to have pursued him a week later, although apparently not us, and guys on here will defend this front office joke on nothing more than a hope and a prayer just to support them despite having ZERO to base that on. We absolutely, positively had the chance to draft him correct? He was available when we picked in the seventh and we passed. Piss poor decision by a piss poor GM.

And that's all. Not that those picks were nothing or couldn't have panned out, I just think the risk-reward on getting a guaranteed high-level starter instead of hoping we picked the right players was a savvy move. Luckily there's a written record on this very site of me writing just that right from the get go...

Love the risk-reward statement, except that it goes against everything you have argued in supporting the toad wrongfully sitting in the GM chair for us. A fourth and a fifth for an aging, final contract year, former PED suspended DT is ok but a 7th rd pick on a clear 1st rd talent is ok because everyone else also passed? So instead of being the trend setter and taking the right risk with the vision to see how that could immensely help his team our GM is just fine for following along instead of being an independent thinker? Great then, mediocrity will remain where this team remains.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to start a Podcast where we argue about this shit...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Docta is too far off, stating that it may have been a mistake not to take him but I don't think Mayhew should get bashed for it like he is.

I wouldn't call that that stuff Rob said anything worth believing at this point because I haven't seen that at all and most of the Detroit sites do pretty well reporting that kind of stuff.

Check this out though.

Lael Collins - Pro Football Rumors

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you somehow will defend Millenhew for not being the one GM to step up and spend a lousy 7th rd pick on a 1st rd talent. It was an unprecedented opportunity, had never happened before. We have a definite need at the position. Just because every other team passed means absolutely nothing. A bad decision by everyone doesn't make it a good decision. Funny how almost every other team in the league is reported to have pursued him a week later, although apparently not us, and guys on here will defend this front office joke on nothing more than a hope and a prayer just to support them despite having ZERO to base that on. We absolutely, positively had the chance to draft him correct? He was available when we picked in the seventh and we passed. Piss poor decision by a piss poor GM.

Love the risk-reward statement, except that it goes against everything you have argued in supporting the toad wrongfully sitting in the GM chair for us. A fourth and a fifth for an aging, final contract year, former PED suspended DT is ok but a 7th rd pick on a clear 1st rd talent is ok because everyone else also passed? So instead of being the trend setter and taking the right risk with the vision to see how that could immensely help his team our GM is just fine for following along instead of being an independent thinker? Great then, mediocrity will remain where this team remains.

So who do you believe with different reports? This one is saying that Collins' agent basically told a team that they're wasting their time if they wanted to pick him in the seventh.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do you believe with different reports? This one is saying that Collins' agent basically told a team that they're wasting their time if they wanted to pick him in the seventh.
It's LewanDUI's job to recognize the bluff. Why have I heard on several occasions how these guys are experts, have specialized skills that we lowly fans don't have but I saw the bluff, explained how the numbers showed it was a bluff but The Clown Show didn't.

Everything in the draft is about risk vs reward. It was a seventh rd pick we would have "gambled" with. Are you kidding me? The Cowboys gambled a second rounder on Gregory, a kid loaded with known problems. There was an article out there saying we would have taken Collins at 23 before the problem surfaced even, yet we pass in the 7th?

This is a perfect example of just how unbelievably inept and incompetant they are. They had the time to investigate Collins alledged possible involvement and then make the right decision.

That asshat wasted two entire drafts with first and second rd picks on character and work ethic risks and then passes on a seventh rd to get a first rd talent without those risks. That makes him an absolute idiot.

Above average GM who has learned from his mistakes my ass. So long as The Clown Show remains we will accomplish jack shit. I honestly can't believe anyone can defend these guys with soooo many staggering fuck ups on their records and zero accomplishments of any significance

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's LewanDUI's job to recognize the bluff. Why have I heard on several occasions how these guys are experts, have specialized skills that we lowly fans don't have but I saw the bluff, explained how the numbers showed it was a bluff but The Clown Show didn't.

Now remember, Mayhew wont draft guys his coaches don't want to coach.
Everything in the draft is about risk vs reward. It was a seventh rd pick we would have "gambled" with. Are you kidding me? The Cowboys gambled a second rounder on Gregory, a kid loaded with known problems. There was an article out there saying we would have taken Collins at 23 before the problem surfaced even, yet we pass in the 7th?

This is a perfect example of just how unbelievably inept and incompetant they are. They had the time to investigate Collins alledged possible involvement and then make the right decision.

That asshat wasted two entire drafts with first and second rd picks on character and work ethic risks and then passes on a seventh rd to get a first rd talent without those risks. That makes him an absolute idiot.

Above average GM who has learned from his mistakes my ass. So long as The Clown Show remains we will accomplish jack shit. I honestly can't believe anyone can defend these guys with soooo many staggering fuck ups on their records and zero accomplishments of any significance

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said, I agree. :agree::suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call that that stuff Rob said anything worth believing at this point because I haven't seen that at all and most of the Detroit sites do pretty well reporting that kind of stuff.

Also, the radio station I said it was on is the radio station from Wayne's World. So...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or stop clogging the board and use email?
Clogging the board? By what standard do you think that your posts regarding Suh, the Dolphins, or anything else are any different?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clogging the board? By what standard do you think that your posts regarding Suh, the Dolphins, or anything else are any different?

Save it. You have as many posts about both as anyone.

I totally get that TP sees you as his adopted dad and yearns for the approval he never got from his real one. Cool. But enough. He needs to learn to live without your approval on Lions.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save it. You have as many posts about both as anyone.

I totally get that TP sees you as his adopted dad and yearns for the approval he never got from his real one.

Typical lame ass babbling bullshit from you. You barf up some dumbass kneel to your king drivel about Suh and your new team and it draws responses then make that first statement? Please, that's fucking stupid but comes as no surprise to anyone coming from you.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical lame ass babbling bullshit from you. You barf up some dumbass kneel to your king drivel about Suh and your new team and it draws responses then make that first statement? Please, that's fucking stupid but comes as no surprise to anyone coming from you.

Cool.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Mebert that posted that epic burn that laid out exactly what Swarm's shtick is all about?

Goddamn that was funny! And dead-nuts accurate.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Mebert that posted that epic burn that laid out exactly what Swarm's shtick is all about?

You could have texted this using your family plan.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that post should stay buried as me and Rob have moved on to cordial discussions on football, which I enjoy a lot more than arguments.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that post should stay buried as me and Rob have moved on to cordial discussions on football, which I enjoy a lot more than arguments.

Well you weren't totally wrong. But you're right.