• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Raw thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont know why they started him with Cena as his dance partner. Destroying lesser competition for a while before getting to Cena almost makes me think the Vince is tired of being asked for a chance and he is giving him enough rope to hang himself. Maybe they know Cena can carry a match and Owens cant so they have no choice but to put him in against Cena.

There are two sides to each coin, and both guys hitting their finishers many times over and not pinning the other guy also makes it seem like their finishers are not that much.

See, I completely agree with you. I guess I need to watch his ROH clips cause I haven't seen anything that entertains me and without a polarizing guy like Cena and possibly Reigns next I just can't see it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The match quality in the Owens/Cena feud has been ridiculously high. Both were WWE match of the year candidates imo. Cena's obviously good, but he needs the right opponent to have a 4-5 star traditional match (Cena's on a run of great matches this year but they were against Rollins/Lesnar Cesaro, Zayn etc)

So I'd say Owens is a great worker with a unique moveset who can cut a very solid promo. He'll never be a Cena level star, but I can see him at a Mick Foley/Edge level for a long time

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Owens does not have the typical WWE body to be big time. I like the comparison to Mick Foley, because obviously Foley made it big time without the traditional body type....However, Foley was known for his extreme risks....which WWE does not allow today. Therefore Owens is going to need to find his niche to get him over.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Owens does not have the typical WWE body to be big time. I like the comparison to Mick Foley, because obviously Foley made it big time without the traditional body type....However, Foley was known for his extreme risks....which WWE does not allow today. Therefore Owens is going to need to find his niche to get him over.

Kevin Owens is already extremely over and will continue to be. He is outstanding in the ring and very good on the mic.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Owens is already extremely over and will continue to be. He is outstanding in the ring and very good on the mic.
IMO I don't see him lasting long....I just don't see Vince giving him much more.

Sort of fade away like Bray Wyatt...what a shameful pitiful job by WWE dropping the ball on Bray. Dude was super hot going into WM last year and after his feud with Cena he just disappeared basically. One of the better characters in recent years too.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think his ring work is his niche. It's not just great, but it has a main event feel. At the same time I'd say the thing about Cesaro and they've waste his talent in the lower mid card for the past few years. Still though, the fact the Owens got the only clean pin on Cena other than Lesnar in recent memory means they have huge plans for him. He's probably a Triple H favorite

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO I don't see him lasting long....I just don't see Vince giving him much more.

Sort of fade away like Bray Wyatt...what a shameful pitiful job by WWE dropping the ball on Bray. Dude was super hot going into WM last year and after his feud with Cena he just disappeared basically. One of the better characters in recent years too.

Well, they are using him to keep Reigns out of the title mixes, really dont know how long Reigns is gonna leave the ring chasing after Wyatt. Seems they might be killing two birds with one stone here.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I dont see him as over or as good as some. His mic skills IMO are just lame and without a guy like Cena would be just boring. Crowds seemed way more into Cesaro's near defeats of Cena than Owens clean win.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ya, I don't get Wyatt's role right now. Why waste their best character in years on Reigns? I know it wouldn't have happened but Wyatt needed to be the guy to break Undertakers streak.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ownes will succeed because this "no respect Kick your ass, pick you up and give you more" chacter he plays he has done it before with S C U M in ROH in 2010 or 11

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Think Owens is this Generations Foley. He's Magic on the Stick, Good not great Ring Skills, Knows how to do his character

As for Wyatt. It bugs me. Either HHH thinks that Reigns is the Main Eventer that wyatt needs or Vice Versa

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Think Owens is this Generations Foley. He's Magic on the Stick, Good not great Ring Skills, Knows how to do his character

As for Wyatt. It bugs me. Either HHH thinks that Reigns is the Main Eventer that wyatt needs or Vice Versa

They need to get him a mask, flannel shirt or a sock then. The beat to a pulp foley guy has been Dean Ambrose, even though its pretty clear they did not plan to take him down that road.

I thought they missed an opportunity to revamp Rusev after his injury with a wax job and maybe a mask to cut him away from Lana.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Summer Rae and Lana will have a match at Battleground with Rusev and Ziggler to be at their corners. That way, they can be part of the PPV. I don't see Rusev's "injury" allowing them a match, but they have had major segments in Raw and Smackdown, so I don't see them not in the PPV.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The internet has speculated for months that those three will team up with Paige to create The Four Horsewomen. Could be fun considering Flair's daughter is there and maybe you can get him to come back for some stories. Then again, that's a lot of creative thought for the Divas division, which WWE has spent less than zero thought with in the past

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Summer Rae and Lana will have a match at Battleground with Rusev and Ziggler to be at their corners. That way, they can be part of the PPV. I don't see Rusev's "injury" allowing them a match, but they have had major segments in Raw and Smackdown, so I don't see them not in the PPV.

Rusev had one hell of a match against Cesaro to get to a US title match against Cena, who almost got accalaided out, broken up by Owens. He is wearing shoes now which is probably supporting that ankle.

Brock was pretty close with the ankle shot to Kane, the slow motion replays showed how the corner of the stairs made the contact, Brock really playing the company line here. Don't know who is gonna be there for Rollins on sunday, but I can see him squirming out with the belt again. Probably just be a count out or DQ.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The internet has speculated for months that those three will team up with Paige to create The Four Horsewomen. Could be fun considering Flair's daughter is there and maybe you can get him to come back for some stories. Then again, that's a lot of creative thought for the Divas division, which WWE has spent less than zero thought with in the past

Looks like that has changed. Hopefully forever!!! Dawn of the Divas perhaps??????

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we see who these NXT girls replace. That whole situation was the divas watching Paige get her ass handed to her week after week. It simply might be three up and three gone and more of a wake up call to the girls on the current roster.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably in preps for one of the Bella twins leaving?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably in preps for one of the Bella twins leaving?

I did see a few minutes of Total Divas where Brie is saying she will not resign, while Nikki thinks she is the face of Divas leading the girls to the greatest era in Diva history. I think Stephanie is making sure its not just Nikki.