• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 2024 NFL 1st Round Mock Draft

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im fascinated by Penix

It's very weird to me. I've heard like 15 different analysts eat he'd be top 5 off not for the injury history but then he absolutely dominates his pro day and medicals so you wouldn't think that would be as big of a concern now yet i still see a lot of mosks where QB needy teams aren't taking him

I could see him going top 12 or taking halfway into rd 2

Will be interesting to see where he ends up

I'm not sure how serious the Cowboys are about Dak, so if Penix slips into the 2nd round, I could see them possibly trading up to snag him. That is if they aren't sold on him as their future QB in Dallas.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fascinated by Nix. Oregon didn't ask him to do much but when asked to throw downfield he did it well.

Nix is intriguing. He played significant games for two big programs. His age and experience seems like they could really give him an advantage, out of the gate, if he could slip into a situation where there is a vulnerable QB in front of him, or there is a significant injury that gets him a starting job. Also, he could get a year on the bench behind a guy that is likely in his last season at that franchise.

The cons for him are that, at least at Oregon, he had a pretty epic team around him. How will he respond when all the teams are pretty much even talent? He could be a good gamble as a 3rd or 4th round pick. I said in above post that Dallas could sneak in and get Penix in the 2nd round, but Nix may be a good guy to get later in the draft if it seems like the Cowboys are likely to move on from Dak if they don't have much playoff success this year in Dallas.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix is intriguing. He played significant games for two big programs. His age and experience seems like they could really give him an advantage, out of the gate, if he could slip into a situation where there is a vulnerable QB in front of him, or there is a significant injury that gets him a starting job. Also, he could get a year on the bench behind a guy that is likely in his last season at that franchise.

The cons for him are that, at least at Oregon, he had a pretty epic team around him. How will he respond when all the teams are pretty much even talent? He could be a good gamble as a 3rd or 4th round pick. I said in above post that Dallas could sneak in and get Penix in the 2nd round, but Nix may be a
Oregon was a good team. Not sure I'd call them epic. Washington had a better team. Michigan had a better team. LSU had a better offense.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon was a good team. Not sure I'd call them epic. Washington had a better team. Michigan had a better team. LSU had a better offense.
I mean they were the #2 offense last year at over 500 yards per game. :noidea:

By epic, I meant they had elite players at most offensive positions and the PAC 12 wasn’t known for their defense last year. Utah was top 15, but the other one top 40 defense in the Pac 12 (UCLA) last year didn't even play Oregon.

He had the perfect scenario to succeed. He won't have that same advantage in the NFL.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By epic, I meant they had elite players at most offensive positions and the PAC 12 wasn’t known for their defense last year.

He has the perfect scenario to succeed.
Sure, but that exact same thing applies to Caleb Williams and Michael Penix.

Nix did get 2 cracks at Georgia the past 3 seasons and neither were particularly impressive.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but that exact same thing applies to Caleb Williams and Michael Penix.

Nix did get 2 cracks at Georgia the past 3 seasons and neither were particularly impressive.

I think that is why Penix isn't more highly rated because of that. It's not like he hasn't had two great seasons in Washington, but he is still rated on most mock drafts as the #5 QB in the draft? (I've seen a mock draft or two that had him behind Nix)

Nix and Penix both had the advantage of having an elite offense. They aren't going to have that in the NFL (if either even gets a starting job next season).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nix and Penix both had the advantage of having an elite offense
So did Daniels, he may have had the best pair of WRs in the nation. I wonder why USC didn't have a elite offense with Cabel. North Carolina you can understand, they can't recruit like say LSU or USC.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Daniels, he may have had the best pair of WRs in the nation. I wonder why USC didn't have a elite offense with Cabel. North Carolina you can understand, they can't recruit like say LSU or USC.
Yeah Penix and Daniels had great WR corps. The two best in the nation imo

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured I would post a 1st round mock draft just for fun. I’m not going to predict trades even though I’m sure we’ll have a few, so I’m just going by the order the teams are picking in right now. So here we go

1 - Chicago Bears - Caleb Williams, QB, USC
2 - Washington Commanders - Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
3 - New England Patriots - Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
4 - Arizona Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr, WR, Ohio St
5 - Los Angeles Chargers - Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
6 - New York Giants - Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
7 - Tennessee Titans - Joe Alt, O-Line, Notre Dame
8 - Atlanta Falcons - Dallas Turner, Edge Rusher, Alabama
9 - Chicago Bears - Jared Verse, Edge Rusher, Florida St
10 - New York Jets - Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
11 - Minnesota Vikings - JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan
12 - Denver Broncos - Terrion Arnold, DB, Alabama
13 - Las Vegas Raiders - JC Latham, O-Line, Alabama
14 - New Orleans Saints - Olumuyiwa Fashanu, O-Line, Penn St
15 - Indianapolis Colts - Quinyon Mitchell, DB, Toledo
16 - Seattle Seahawks - Troy Fautanu, O-Line, Washington
17 - Jacksonville Jaguars - Byron Murphy, D-Line, Texas
18 - Cincinnati Bengals - Jer’Zhan Newton, D-Line, Illinois
19 - Los Angeles Rams - Laiatu Latu - Edge Rusher, UCLA
20 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Taliese Fuaga, O-Line, Oregon St
21 - Miami Dolphins - Graham Barton, O-Line, Duke
22 - Philadelphia Eagles - Jackson Powers-Johnson, O-Line, Oregon
23 - Minnesota Vikings - Nate Wiggins, DB, Clemson
24 - Dallas Cowboys - Tyler Guyton, O-Line, Oklahoma
25 - Green Bay Packers - Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa
26 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Amarius Mims, O-Line, Georgia
27 - Arizona Cardinals - Kool-Aid McKinstry, DB, Alabama
28 - Buffalo Bills - Brian Thomas Jr, WR, LSU
29 - Detroit Lions - Ennis Rakestraw, DB, Missouri
30 - Baltimore Ravens - Chop Robinson, Edge Rusher, Penn St
31 - San Francisco 49ers - Jordan Morgan, O-Line, Arizona
32 - Kansas City Chiefs - Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas

There it is, my first round mock draft for this year.

Everything fits and makes sense, which means it will be wrong lol. Needs more chaos...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything fits and makes sense, which means it will be wrong lol. Needs more chaos...
Kinda my same sentiment. I really thought and still think it's a well thought, well laid out draft. But as you point out, where's the chaos that seems to be a part of every draft? Won't there be some team that zigs when every other team zags? Guess we have to wait and find out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda my same sentiment. I really thought and still think it's a well thought, well laid out draft. But as you point out, where's the chaos that seems to be a part of every draft? Won't there be some team that zigs when every other team zags? Guess we have to wait and find out.

That's the part that is impossible to project and it messes up every mock.