• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather vs Paq

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple things.
One. Mayweather won that fight hands down. I am not a fan of Mayweather by no means, & was really hoping to see Pac get busy & win the fight. But as a boxing fan. My unbiased opinion is Pac won all of three rounds. if I wanted to be biased & look at everything in a more favorably light & twist it. You might give him 2 other rounds. So even looking at the fight in a skewed way. He couldnt have been found the victor. He simply didn't win. Realistically other than a couple good combos. he was pretty useless. As much as some don't like the way Mayweather fights. His strategy was superior to Pac's. It was always gonna be can pac cut off the ring or not. He could not. After seeing the fight. Not sure what he would have done with Mayweather if he had. I wouldn't pay to watch a rematch.

Two. As far as fighting GGG. That will never happen, & furthermore it wouldn't be fair to Mayweather to demand such a fight. I would love to see it since GGG is a master at cutting off the ring, & I don't like Mayweather. However in no way should mayweather go fight a (true) 160 lb. Champion, when he is still capable of fighting at 140lb. I think someone referenced what next go fight at heavy weight? This is just not gonna happen. Mayweather & his people are to smart for this.

Three. I think Mayweather should go after Thurman for his (alleged) final fight.
While I understand how most would say that is crazy. here me out for a second. If he went after an undefeated young power puncher that everyone thinks he will avoid. What better way to go out than to eliminate Thurmans undefeated streak & show he isn't scared of the young guns with power.
I noticed when Thurman fought the Ghost after he knocked down the ghost & I thought the fight was all but over. The Ghost using his veteran skills started to give Thurman some issues. I was curious what would have happened if the fight went another couple rounds. I think Thurman still has some learning to do against skilled high caliber fighters. Mayweather definitely falls under this category. I honestly think Mayweather would embarrass Thurman at this point in Thurman's career. Also if Thurman started getting desperate later in the rounds I could see Mayweather laying some serious leather on him getting Thurman in trouble. what better way to end your career than to go out whipping up on the guy most don't want to fight (in his own weight division)

Small risk of Thurman getting that lucky punch, but I honestly don't think he has the skills at the moment to land it. mayweather would be able to shut up a lot of his critics talking of being scared or ducking quality guys.
So like I said. I think Thurman is actually taylor made for Mayweather. & tons of people would be thinking Thurman has a good chance at winning.

Of course I really don't think Mayweather will take this fight, but it would be the perfect chance to go out in style. (Instead of fight Khan or some retread)
Didn't he do what your suggesting when he fought Canelo Avarez? I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Thurman, but he already fought the young undefeated power puncher. How about Danny Garcia or Lucas Matthysse?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he do what your suggesting when he fought Canelo Avarez? I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Thurman, but he already fought the young undefeated power puncher. How about Danny Garcia or Lucas Matthysse?
Garcia lost a fight he shouldn't have (even though they gave him the win) & then looked crappy again. For me personally that ship has sailed. I like Matthysse & his fighting style but I think everyone knows he would get owned by Floyd & his style. It would be a hard sale to the public. Thurman is not only feared but undefeated. & I think most don't see the flaws in his game as I do. It would be a much better sale to the public. Also a guy most one sided thinkers would say Floyd would avoid at all costs. Still think that would be Floyd's best realistic statement fight to go out of boxing with. Money wise, I'll show you & etc...

Personally I think his toughest realistic opponent would be Kell Brook. But I don't see that as a big enough draw for him if he was gonna go out with a bang. Also honestly. I don't think he is gonna take a dangerous fight.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia lost a fight he shouldn't have (even though they gave him the win) & then looked crappy again. For me personally that ship has sailed. I like Matthysse & his fighting style but I think everyone knows he would get owned by Floyd & his style. It would be a hard sale to the public. Thurman is not only feared but undefeated. & I think most don't see the flaws in his game as I do. It would be a much better sale to the public. Also a guy most one sided thinkers would say Floyd would avoid at all costs. Still think that would be Floyd's best realistic statement fight to go out of boxing with. Money wise, I'll show you & etc...

Personally I think his toughest realistic opponent would be Kell Brook. But I don't see that as a big enough draw for him if he was gonna go out with a bang. Also honestly. I don't think he is gonna take a dangerous fight.[/QUOTThose are all good points, so I'm now persuaded.