• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather vs Paq

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I had a thread about this on KFFL, watching it live with Kellerman and all the HBO guys saying Manny had won every round and locking his balls the whole fight, I agreed and really did think he was robbed. Then i watched the same fight the next day with the sound muted and it was very easy to see how judges could have easily given the fight to Bradley. Manny only threw punches in the last 30 seconds of each round trying to steal it "Rope a dope style." Bradley fought the full three minutes of each round. If i remember correctly (it's been a long time) I honestly scored it 8 rounds to 6 for Pac, but at least 4-5 rounds could have easily gone either way. It was actually a really close fight. But it was one of the worst ball washings that has ever been aired, and I think that affected a lot of people. I know it affected me. HBO is terrible about that, especially since Max Kellerman joined them.

Coming from the guy who said Mayweather has no reason to fight Pacquiao it means nothing.

Your argument is that the announcers persuaded people into thinking Pacquiao had been robbed, it's laughable.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fight wasn't close at all. Manny clearly won that fight. It was one of the biggest robberies in sports history.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's always one in the room. The Bradley "loss" is known by 95% of boxing fans and experts to have been a robbery. We all have eyes. It was pretty obvious. You know who else it was obvious to? BRADLEY HIMSELF.

Anyways, you may be right that this fight will disappoint. But the chance that it doesn't is why we watch. This is the first Mayweather fight that chance existed in forever.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from the guy who said Mayweather has no reason to fight Pacquiao it means nothing.

Your argument is that the announcers persuaded people into thinking Pacquiao had been robbed, it's laughable.

Now you're putting words in my mouth. I said it would make sense to fight Cotto, because this was the only time he would ever have been able to get that middleweight belt. Manny was always gonna be there to fight, just holding his hands out hoping to get paid.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fight wasn't close at all. Manny clearly won that fight. It was one of the biggest robberies in sports history.

The fight was close. Pacquiao should have won, and like I said I scored it with him winning by two rounds. In fact when they went back and had other judges "re-judge" the fight via tape I believe two of the five judges had Manny by 2 rounds like I did, and another scored one round a tie (which wasn't allowed under those rules) and had Manny win by 3 rounds. If he would have scored the fight correctly, the majority of judges would have all have had it 115-113 Pacquiao.

That's not a robbery, and is close enough to barely even be a bad decision. And mostly the stupid and outdated 10 point scoring system is at fault. Bradley won several rounds by landing 13 punches while Pac landed 12. That's a 10-9 to Bradley. Then the next round Pac would land 57 punches while Bradley only landed 13 again. That's only a 10 -9 round for Pacman though, and just ties the score up at 19 all.

Hence it was a very close fight. And anyone who doesn't think so either doesn't understand the 10 point must scoring system, doesn't understand how boxing judges are allowed to judge fights, or is just too much of a bljnd Homer to care about details like those.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fight was close. Pacquiao should have won, and like I said I scored it with him winning by two rounds. In fact when they went back and had other judges "re-judge" the fight via tape I believe two of the five judges had Manny by 2 rounds like I did, and another scored one round a tie (which wasn't allowed under those rules) and had Manny win by 3 rounds. If he would have scored the fight correctly, the majority of judges would have all have had it 115-113 Pacquiao.

That's not a robbery, and is close enough to barely even be a bad decision. And mostly the stupid and outdated 10 point scoring system is at fault. Bradley won several rounds by landing 13 punches while Pac landed 12. That's a 10-9 to Bradley. Then the next round Pac would land 57 punches while Bradley only landed 13 again. That's only a 10 -9 round for Pacman though, and just ties the score up at 19 all.

Hence it was a very close fight. And anyone who doesn't think so either doesn't understand the 10 point must scoring system, doesn't understand how boxing judges are allowed to judge fights, or is just too much of a bljnd Homer to care about details like those.
I saw the fight, understand the 10 point must, and know when I see one boxer win over the other. I am not a fan of any boxers enough to care if they win or lose. I want the one who deserves it to win every time. Paq got screwed. The judges are complete morons and it wasn't even close. Paq should have won by 6 rounds. Even before the decision was announced, Bradley told Arums how hard he tried but just couldn't beat the guy. If I remember correctly, Paq landed more punches in 9 of 12 rounds and landed about 100 more than Bradley throughout the whole fight.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather isn't gonna fight anyone that can seriously challenge him anymore. he will fight old big names or up & comers that aren't ready so he can protect is zero. What does he have? like 4 to 6 fights left before he retires. he wont fight Garcia or anyone that has a real fighters chance. this Kahn fight coming up is a joke.
:agree:

However this attitude may find him his Buster Douglas

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay per view 100 dollars... Every bar and Buffalo Wild Wings will be making record profits that night. Illegal streaming sites will bust their servers as well.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're putting words in my mouth. I said it would make sense to fight Cotto, because this was the only time he would ever have been able to get that middleweight belt. Manny was always gonna be there to fight, just holding his hands out hoping to get paid.

So in September when Mayweather's probably going to have his last fight is too late? You're smoking.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pay per view 100 dollars... Every bar and Buffalo Wild Wings will be making record profits that night. Illegal streaming sites will bust their servers as well.

If you depend on illegal streaming sites to watch the fight you will be screwed. Even with other Mayweather fights those sites went down or was freezing/lagging like crazy. I'm either ordering it, going to a bar, or finding a fight party

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manny can do what Cotto started off doing in his last fight with Floyd which was be patient and let Floyd bring the fight to him he will have a chance. I have a feeling he will do exactly what Cotto did in the second half of the fight and try to get too agressive. Floyd is one of the best counterpunchers in the history of the sport and will embarrass an overly aggressive Manny at this stage of his career.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in September when Mayweather's probably going to have his last fight is too late? You're smoking.

This just proves that again you're opening your mouth without knowing what you're talking about. The facts are that Cotto beat Martinez in June of last year, and he has to defend the belt against the top challenger within 1 year. He paid Marco Antonio Rubio (the #1 chalkenger) to step aside and let him pick his opponent for his first fight. He has until June to do that, but it looks like he will be fighting in April against somebody. Even if he does beat that somebody his one and only choice for a next title defense is the #1 challenger. Which is why Golovkin fought Rubio, so that he is now the #1 challenger and nobody can duck him.

So yes, even if Cotto does win in April, September is going to be too late.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just proves that again you're opening your mouth without knowing what you're talking about. The facts are that Cotto beat Martinez in June of last year, and he has to defend the belt against the top challenger within 1 year. He paid Marco Antonio Rubio (the #1 chalkenger) to step aside and let him pick his opponent for his first fight. He has until June to do that, but it looks like he will be fighting in April against somebody. Even if he does beat that somebody his one and only choice for a next title defense is the #1 challenger. Which is why Golovkin fought Rubio, so that he is now the #1 challenger and nobody can duck him.

So yes, even if Cotto does win in April, September is going to be too late.

Either way you're still retarded for thinking that fight is more important than Pacquiao and Mayweather.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way you're still retarded for thinking that fight is more important than Pacquiao and Mayweather.

I'm the retarded one for thinking adding the lineal middleweight championship and still fighting Pac in September would look better from a historical perspective than fighting Pac and then Amir Khan in September? I don't know why I bothered responding to you at all. It's pretty obvious that nothing you think is dictated by reason or logic at all and instead you let your feelings and emotions decide what you think. Added to that you refuse to admit you're wrong even in the face of overwhelming evidence and instead try to change the subject.

Holy shit. I just realized you're a woman.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the retarded one for thinking adding the lineal middleweight championship and still fighting Pac in September would look better from a historical perspective than fighting Pac and then Amir Khan in September? I don't know why I bothered responding to you at all. It's pretty obvious that nothing you think is dictated by reason or logic at all and instead you let your feelings and emotions decide what you think. Added to that you refuse to admit you're wrong even in the face of overwhelming evidence and instead try to change the subject.

Holy shit. I just realized you're a woman.

lmao sure buddy, you said no one would buy the Pacquiao fight anyway so Mayweather shouldn't do it. You're a joke.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As amusing as I find you, I'll be serious for a second. Even if you're right about the Middleweight Belt, Mayweather fighting Pacquiao is all anyone wants to see. We've already seen him fight Cotto and if he is ever going to fight Pacquiao it has to be now, in case he loses he needs to be able to have a rematch against him. What's funny is that this is all going according to plan for Mayweather because he waited as long as he possibly could before finally fighting Pacquiao.

Obviously you don't care about belts that much or else you'd acknowledge that Pacquiao has the greater legacy at this point, since he has belts in 2 more weight divisions than Mayweather. You think Mayweather facing someone he already beat is going to do more for Mayweather's legacy than finally fighting Pacquiao, that's how out of touch you really are.

I'm more of a man than you are dude, you got your dick snipped and posted about it on a sports message board.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As amusing as I find you, I'll be serious for a second. Even if you're right about the Middleweight Belt, Mayweather fighting Pacquiao is all anyone wants to see. We've already seen him fight Cotto and if he is ever going to fight Pacquiao it has to be now, in case he loses he needs to be able to have a rematch against him. What's funny is that this is all going according to plan for Mayweather because he waited as long as he possibly could before finally fighting Pacquiao.

Obviously you don't care about belts that much or else you'd acknowledge that Pacquiao has the greater legacy at this point, since he has belts in 2 more weight divisions than Mayweather. You think Mayweather facing someone he already beat is going to do more for Mayweather's legacy than finally fighting Pacquiao, that's how out of touch you really are.

I'm more of a man than you are dude, you got your dick snipped and posted about it on a sports message board.

He had to fight Pacquiao either way, no one is denying that. If he would have retired without fighting Pacman it would have affected his legacy. Which is all he cares about at this point. And I'm saying winning that MW belt (which is a very historically significant belt) no matter who it was from, and then still fighting Pac would have been better for that legacy that he is concerned with vs him fighting Manny and then some chump in his last fight.

Comparing legacies, one guy has moved up and up in weight classes and gotten bigger and stronger along the way. To an unprecedented degree where he has moved up 8 weight classes and still been among the strongest punchers the whole time. During the whole time he has been gaining weight there has been scandals in every other major sport with people using PED's and in fact the only time he has ever backed down from a fight with anyone was when one of the mandates of the fight was effective drug testing. Oh and along the way he has lost 5 times. That's his legacy, 5 losses and clouds of PED'S rumors.

The other guys legacy is that he started out with enough power that everyone feared his punches and then he moved up I weight 6 times to the point where his fight night weight is still below the weigh in requirement. To the point he can't naturally put on any more weight, and people just shrug off his hardest punches. Through all those weight classes he has won every single fight. That's his legacy, undefeated.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had to fight Pacquiao either way, no one is denying that. If he would have retired without fighting Pacman it would have affected his legacy. Which is all he cares about at this point. And I'm saying winning that MW belt (which is a very historically significant belt) no matter who it was from, and then still fighting Pac would have been better for that legacy that he is concerned with vs him fighting Manny and then some chump in his last fight.

Comparing legacies, one guy has moved up and up in weight classes and gotten bigger and stronger along the way. To an unprecedented degree where he has moved up 8 weight classes and still been among the strongest punchers the whole time. During the whole time he has been gaining weight there has been scandals in every other major sport with people using PED's and in fact the only time he has ever backed down from a fight with anyone was when one of the mandates of the fight was effective drug testing. Oh and along the way he has lost 5 times. That's his legacy, 5 losses and clouds of PED'S rumors.

The other guys legacy is that he started out with enough power that everyone feared his punches and then he moved up I weight 6 times to the point where his fight night weight is still below the weigh in requirement. To the point he can't naturally put on any more weight, and people just shrug off his hardest punches. Through all those weight classes he has won every single fight. That's his legacy, undefeated.

Pacquiao also turned pro when he was still a teenager, he grew in height during his professional career so why would it be odd for him to go up in weight as well? Pacquiao is one of the greatest volume punchers of all time, most of his knockouts/TKO's are because of how many punches he's landing, even when he does get a fighter on one punch, it's usually after a long night of being hit so many times. Oscar De La Hoya has gone on record saying that Pacquiao and Mayweather's punching power are very similar, but Pacquiao puts his punches together where Mayweather focuses on winning rounds as opposed to trying to beat an opponent down.

5 losses isn't a lot and it's a stretch to say PED rumors cloud his legacy, there's no evidence for that and it's the reason why Mayweather was sued for slander and lost. Your rose-tinted glasses are on pretty tight.