• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather vs Paq

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think that? Floyd was backing up all the time. I had Floyd winning 8 rounds to 4, but it wasn't because he was aggressive. I had Floyd winning because he dominated the scoring categories of defense and ring generalship.

If you are going to cite CompuBox, keep in mind that CompuBox stats should be taken with a grain of salt. CompuBox makes itself sound like it is computerized, but it's really just two dudes trying the best they can to count punches thrown and landed while they are watching the fight live at full speed. It may be somewhat reliable for punches thrown, but there's a lot of room for error in the punches landed stat that they provide. As far as punches thrown, Pac and Floyd were about even according to CompuBox; however, CompuBox did have Manny throwing more power punches.

Exactly, it's funny to see Mayweather fans use that as their bread and butter though. Pacquiao was blocking a lot of shots too.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may out classed paq point blank

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd is the new Bo Jackson, a true 2 sport star....boxing and marathon runner
ppl say floyd ran.. they must be done... the point of fighting is to hit and don't get hit.. simple as that...

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These people still on about this don't care about the sweet science.

They like watching dudes get ktfo.

Go watch bum fights or something.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather, made the more skilled, faster, and stronger Manny, look like everybody else!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, it's funny to see Mayweather fans use that as their bread and butter though. Pacquiao was blocking a lot of shots too.

I have no problem with the decision going to Mayweather because he dominated the defensive and ring generalship aspects of scoring. I do have a problem with professional sports journalists reporting the CompuBox numbers as if they were 100% accurate. It seems that the overwhelming majority of people, including professional sports journalists, don't know about the error-prone nature of CompuBox. I used to think that CompuBox was some accurate computer program until I read up about it after the first Bradley-Pacquiao fight.

Honest question: How many in here knew that CompuBox was really just two guys counting punches while watching a fight live?

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The outcry over the MayPac disappointment is a reflection on the ignorance of the casual fans, not the sport. People who say the sport is "dying" or "boring" because of how they fight have little to no argument. Boring prizefights won't kill Boxing. People should focus more on the lack of quality judging/reffing, politics of this network vs that network, corruption by the guys in fancy suits etc.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching boxing my whole life.. NO I don't think this fight will kill Boxing.. But I will say this, Mayweather would never get away with this fighting style in the 80s era. Guys like Wilfred Benetiz were just as good as him IMO.. I just think due to him aging that he is fighting way more defensive because he probably knows he can't knock people out and fight aggressive like he could several years ago.. I actually enjoyed him then, I sure as hell don't now..

Back in the days when he fought Ricky Hatton, that was the much better version of Floyd we can all agree was the best in the world at that time.. Again this fight should have occurred in 2009.. Now, it was just two old guys fighting, a shell of their former selves.. Even then I thought Floyd would when..

Bring on Andre Ward vs GGG in a year

I hope atleast..

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pac-mayweather rematch in a yr. no thanks. injury/no injury it will be the same result

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pac-mayweather rematch in a yr. no thanks. injury/no injury it will be the same result

Is it really likely that a pushing 40 Manny is actually going to heal up well enough to be a dominant boxer, anyway?

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please murder Skip Bayless! He's so senile and out of it! He makes no sense these days! He spent all day making excuses for Paq, saying he had a rotator cuff injury! So? What was Floyd supposed to do? What a freakin' idiot! He also didn't fulfill his bet of wearing "T-Money" t-shirt and cap yesterday! He's a loser and I need to just surf right by "First Take" from now on! A total waste of tv time IMO! :gaah: :doh: :rolleyes2:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please murder Skip Bayless! He's so senile and out of it! He makes no sense these days! He spent all day making excuses for Paq, saying he had a rotator cuff injury! So? What was Floyd supposed to do? What a freakin' idiot! He also didn't fulfill his bet of wear T-Money t-shirt and cap yesterday! He's a loser and I need to just surf right by "First Take" from now on! A total waste of tv time IMO! :gaah: :doh: :rolleyes2:

he spent all night Saturday claiming pac won the 11 rd. it was mayweather's most dominating rd of the fight. he then switched his tune Monday and gave him 10 instead of 11 so he could have paq still winning when it wasn't remotely close.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please murder Skip Bayless! He's so senile and out of it! He makes no sense these days! He spent all day making excuses for Paq, saying he had a rotator cuff injury! So? What was Floyd supposed to do? What a freakin' idiot! He also didn't fulfill his bet of wearing "T-Money" t-shirt and cap yesterday! He's a loser and I need to just surf right by "First Take" from now on! A total waste of tv time IMO! :gaah: :doh: :rolleyes2:

That shows fake anyway, they were promoting the fight as much as anyone. I heard a guest say that Freddie Roach was only talking smack about Mayweather to sell the fight, since Pacquiao never speaks bad about anyone but Skip and Stephen A just brushed him off, they just want viewers. They were trying not to laugh when Skip was "outraged".

I've been watching boxing my whole life.. NO I don't think this fight will kill Boxing.. But I will say this, Mayweather would never get away with this fighting style in the 80s era. Guys like Wilfred Benetiz were just as good as him IMO.. I just think due to him aging that he is fighting way more defensive because he probably knows he can't knock people out and fight aggressive like he could several years ago.. I actually enjoyed him then, I sure as hell don't now..

Back in the days when he fought Ricky Hatton, that was the much better version of Floyd we can all agree was the best in the world at that time.. Again this fight should have occurred in 2009.. Now, it was just two old guys fighting, a shell of their former selves.. Even then I thought Floyd would when..

Bring on Andre Ward vs GGG in a year

I hope atleast..

Floyd knew he would have a better chance now, since his style is designed to last longer than most fighters. If Mayweather had fought Pacquiao and beaten him 5 years ago then I would have no choice but to agree with others that he's one of the greatest of all time. I just don't see it now with the way he's maneuvered his career.

I think there will always be legitimate questions about Floyd and his legacy, even if he beats Pacquiao again, because he didn't take the fight when they were both in their prime and he waited 5 years to finally accept the fight.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith are Dumb and Dumber. It's an embarrassment that they have a show on the network that proclaims itself to be the Worldwide Leader of Sports, but I guess they bring in ratings, so the show goes on.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up. First Take is ESPN's most-watched studio show and their ratings continue to grow. There is no stopping Stephen A. and Skip!!!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac seemed off the whole night and hearing he was injured surprised nobody that watched his career. This isn't to take away from FM. Injury or not, I have never seen someone duck and dodge punches like this guy. It truly is a thing of art. He is easily the best defensive boxer in history.

Still one excruciatingly boring fight though lol

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Manny lied about his injury was a joke.. Not only does that make him dishonest, but it totally tarnishes an already questionable fight... Like I said, boxing ain't what it used to be.. If this was 5 years ago I would be all in..

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Manny lied about his injury was a joke.. Not only does that make him dishonest, but it totally tarnishes an already questionable fight... Like I said, boxing ain't what it used to be.. If this was 5 years ago I would be all in..
If Manny had come out and said he was injured right before the fight you know how much outcry there would be? Half a billion dollars invested. He had no choice really.