• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kurt Busch suspended indefinitely by NASCAR

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chevy has also ended their relationship with Kurt.

Chances are, this is the end of Kurt Busch's NASCAR career, at least with a top team.

Even if NASCAR lifts the ban, Chevy won't back him, so he won't return to SHR and eliminates him from Hendrick or Childress.

He's burned bridges with Roush and Penske.

And I just don't see Joe Gibbs taking that kind of a chance.

Gonna be hard to get a sponsor for him too.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading now that Regan Smith will be Kurt's replacement at Daytona, not sure after that though.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Nascar. I'm not a Kurt Busch fan by any stretch, but I'm so sick of sports organizations who think it's their duty to carry out punishments all for the sake of public relations.

I can understand Chevy dropping sponsorships and all that. I could even see if SHR didn't want him to drive anymore. But Nascar needs to step the fuck back.

Especially since Nascar won't even treat the drivers as employees because they are a bunch of greedy fucks.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Nascar. I'm not a Kurt Busch fan by any stretch, but I'm so sick of sports organizations who think it's their duty to carry out punishments all for the sake of public relations.

I can understand Chevy dropping sponsorships and all that. I could even see if SHR didn't want him to drive anymore. But Nascar needs to step the fuck back.

Especially since Nascar won't even treat the drivers as employees because they are a bunch of greedy fucks.

At least they waited until the judge made a ruling.

I don't have a problem with it. I mean, he strangled a woman, domestic violence will result in a suspension in most other sports leagues as well.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was a trained assassin though

I know. It takes some serious balls to strangle a trained assassin.

But, seriously, it figures that Pee Wee Herman lookalike would put his hands on a woman.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. It takes some serious balls to strangle a trained assassin.

But, seriously, it figures that Pee Wee Herman lookalike would put his hands on a woman.

Always thought of him as a bit of a weasel

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or maybe they just don't want to be associated with a guy who runs around claiming that his ex is a CIA assassin. Just sayin'. The guy is a hothead who clearly has a screw loose. I'm guessing they figure that behind the wheel of a car going 200 mph isn't the most safest place for him, other drivers, or the fans.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always thought of him as a bit of a weasel

Same here. I'm still not a fan of Kyle, but he has matured a lot these last few years. Kurt is just a head case that just screwed himself out of a third top ride.

He's done in NASCAR.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
camo%20beeater.jpg

Kurt's sponsor when, and if he comes back.

:lol:

Last edited:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they waited until the judge made a ruling.

I don't have a problem with it. I mean, he strangled a woman, domestic violence will result in a suspension in most other sports leagues as well.

Or maybe they just don't want to be associated with a guy who runs around claiming that his ex is a CIA assassin. Just sayin'. The guy is a hothead who clearly has a screw loose. I'm guessing they figure that behind the wheel of a car going 200 mph isn't the most safest place for him, other drivers, or the fans.

I know most of you guys are younger, but Nascar has a long history of forcing people out of the sport based on bullshit. They pretend like the reasons they list are the reasons they are doing things, but they have long applied a double standard to drivers.

If this had been Dale Jr, this wouldn't be happening.

Hell, Tony Stewart was being investigated for possible manslaughter and he was the one that choose not to go racing, not Nascar. So, I don't think him being behind the wheel of a car going 200 mph has a damn thing to do with this. Especially since his temper is well documents(just like Tonys).

Check out the Tim Richmond story sometime when you get the time.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR made the right call IMO.

Same here. Don't really see how anyone could take issue with NASCAR suspending a guy found guilty of strangling a woman. NASCAR has done plenty of things that warrant harsh criticism, but this isn't one of them IMO.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only he'd knocked her out in an elevator and then drug her out like a corpse. Maybe then he would still have a chance to drive again.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just can't seem to stay out of trouble. It's too bad because the guy can drive.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most of you guys are younger, but Nascar has a long history of forcing people out of the sport based on bullshit. They pretend like the reasons they list are the reasons they are doing things, but they have long applied a double standard to drivers.

Hell, Tony Stewart was being investigated for possible manslaughter and he was the one that choose not to go racing, not Nascar. So, I don't think him being behind the wheel of a car going 200 mph has a damn thing to do with this. Especially since his temper is well documents(just like Tonys).

Difference is, NASCAR didn't do anything until the judge made a ruling. If they would have suspended him before the verdict, I would take issue.

Like I said, there's been plenty of instances that warrant criticism, this isn't one of them.

This time, they got it right.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe because Kurt Busch is a severe repeat offender, and truth be told Kurt got more than enough chances to straighten up. His bullshit just seems to have no limits.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is, NASCAR didn't do anything until the judge made a ruling. If they would have suspended him before the verdict, I would take issue.

Like I said, there's been plenty of instances that warrant criticism, this isn't one of them.

This time, they got it right.

The only reason Nascar is acting is just too look good. They don't really give a shit what he did, but after all the stupid shit storm of the NFL last year, they just want to make sure they don't look bad.

This is where we are as a society? So fucking politically correct that we end peoples careers over a domestic dispute and it gets fan applause?

All because in today's America if you aren't the most extreme in your response to a subject, you are somehow in favor of it.

It's fucking disgusting.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because Kurt Busch is a severe repeat offender, and truth be told Kurt got more than enough chances to straighten up. His bullshit just seems to have no limits.

This wasn't an on the track incident and has nothing to do with the track itself. This is 100% nothing more than Nascar trying to look good for the PR.

All to satisfy ESPN becoming CNN trying to create stories for ratings.