• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got to hit some balls finally

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow should be near 60. I'm going to see if I can get a tee time. I need to get in as much golf as I can right now because I KNOW the snow isn't done for the season yet. It never is until April.

Yeah...60 is go weather. A couple of light layers.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...60 is go weather. A couple of light layers.

HAHAHA you suddern boys.

I will guarantee you that there will be quite a few cheeseheads wearing shorts tomorrow on the course

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA you suddern boys.

I will guarantee you that there will be quite a few cheeseheads wearing shorts tomorrow on the course

Lol...there's a few cheeseheads here...Packer bars can be found.

50s I can handle, but 60+ is preferred...best golf weather here is late Mar to mid June...then early Sept til Xmas.

Late Jun to late Aug can be brutal if you're not out by 7. Harder (for me anyway) to stay focused when that heat and humidity both get you.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA you suddern boys.

I'll be going pants for sure.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot a 91 over the weekend. Not pleased with the score but is sure is nice getting out on the course

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we've had some very cold temps for the last week (21 right now) :L and that has been holding up the melting of the last 6-12 inches of snow on most of our local courses. It looks like my 3 week estimate from last week will not stand and unless a serious warming trend happens quickly we are probably still 3 weeks away from teeing it up in the Manch-Angeles area. :L

My crew and I are going to hit the simulator this Saturday and then we will not likely swing the clubs until the courses are up and running. :gaah:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot a 91 over the weekend. Not pleased with the score but is sure is nice getting out on the course

Not bad, I'd take 91 right now...great weather Sat, but I still didn't play...playing partner bailed so I bailed...talked to a few guys that did play...courses still wet from all the previous rain anyway.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny as it sounds, 98% of all the snow has melted in SE WI within 8 days, as many as 15 inches, but now there are some areas with drought or near drought conditions

go figger

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny as it sounds, 98% of all the snow has melted in SE WI within 8 days, as many as 15 inches, but now there are some areas with drought or near drought conditions

go figger

Yeah...we had something similar here a few year back...metro ATL was like 10" above normal rainfall in August and So. GA had towns in drought.

Since many of these courses here have a lot of hills and valleys...it takes a good 2 days of sun/wind to dry them out...cart path only sucks...I'd rather walk, but that's a no no most places here.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, have been going to Gastrau's myself over the past few weeks. Plenty of local courses open already so playing another round Sat morning with one of my buddies.

Good luck with the new hybrid.
I just got it today and should be waiting for me at home. I'm really excited to use it. That 4 hybrid has been missing from my bag. Now I just need to renew my Milwaukee County course card. I'm debating on if I want to get another My24 golf pass...they used to have it where there were two cards (one for metro and one a bit west) and now a lot of them are like a 30-45 minute drive coming from just south of the 794 bridge.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, heard about that card from a buddy of mine.. From the list of courses available, I would recommend, Arrowhead, Kettle Hills and, perhaps, Kettle Moraine. The others listed are traditionally in horrible shape.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, heard about that card from a buddy of mine.. From the list of courses available, I would recommend, Arrowhead, Kettle Hills and, perhaps, Kettle Moraine. The others listed are traditionally in horrible shape.
I have played Kettle Moraine quite a few times since I used to live in Oconomowoc a couple years ago. It's nice course. I haven't played Arrowhead or Kettle Hills though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got it today and should be waiting for me at home. I'm really excited to use it. That 4 hybrid has been missing from my bag. Now I just need to renew my Milwaukee County course card. I'm debating on if I want to get another My24 golf pass...they used to have it where there were two cards (one for metro and one a bit west) and now a lot of them are like a 30-45 minute drive coming from just south of the 794 bridge.

I carry 2 hybrids, a 2H which I want to replace soon, and 4H...I love my 4H...I could hit a 190 yd 4 iron or a 150 yd 4 iron with a bad miss...now...even my misses are up around the green.

This card...after all is said and done how much does a Sat round go for?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I carry 2 hybrids, a 2H which I want to replace soon, and 4H...I love my 4H...I could hit a 190 yd 4 iron or a 150 yd 4 iron with a bad miss...now...even my misses are up around the green.

This card...after all is said and done how much does a Sat round go for?
You pay $17 if you're a resident in the area and you get a discount on the sticker price for a round. For instance, I could golf at the Brown Deer course without the discount card and pay $74 per round but with the card it is $40.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pay $17 if you're a resident in the area and you get a discount on the sticker price for a round. For instance, I could golf at the Brown Deer course without the discount card and pay $74 per round but with the card it is $40.

Wow...that's pretty substantial.

I typically go the golfnow route and pay $35 to $40 after 12, or $50 (for premium track).

One of my trifecta close by tracks is running a promo...$30 per mo, free range balls, free greens fee, free lessons (clinic format) you pay $17 cart fee after 12 on weekend, $12 cart fee week days.

Not factoring the lessons, but playing and range time...after crunching the #s...this breaks down to about $26 to play on Sat afternoon...I normally pay $35+tx there unless we play early.

Why haven't I jumped on this?

The good...can book 2 weeks out, affordable, 10 mins from house, in good shape most of the time

The bad...we call it our home course, but I don't like the layout, too many holes that you need course knowledge to play well...too many blind landing areas, too much OB in play (for a miss less than 15 yds wide of the FW...that's close).

Secondly, I like playing other tracks...if my buddy does it, I will because the price is good, but I'm squeamish.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...that's pretty substantial.

I typically go the golfnow route and pay $35 to $40 after 12, or $50 (for premium track).

One of my trifecta close by tracks is running a promo...$30 per mo, free range balls, free greens fee, free lessons (clinic format) you pay $17 cart fee after 12 on weekend, $12 cart fee week days.

Not factoring the lessons, but playing and range time...after crunching the #s...this breaks down to about $26 to play on Sat afternoon...I normally pay $35+tx there unless we play early.

Why haven't I jumped on this?

The good...can book 2 weeks out, affordable, 10 mins from house, in good shape most of the time

The bad...we call it our home course, but I don't like the layout, too many holes that you need course knowledge to play well...too many blind landing areas, too much OB in play (for a miss less than 15 yds wide of the FW...that's close).

Secondly, I like playing other tracks...if my buddy does it, I will because the price is good, but I'm squeamish.
That is one of the best Milwaukee County courses. A "normal" one would be around $29 vs $22. If you've never played a course before ask the pro about it! They will always tell you that kind of information. Do you have a rangefinder? It is probably the most clutch tool you can have in your bag.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the best Milwaukee County courses. A "normal" one would be around $29 vs $22. If you've never played a course before ask the pro about it! They will always tell you that kind of information. Do you have a rangefinder? It is probably the most clutch tool you can have in your bag.

Sub $30 for a Sat round...that's a pretty good deal...COLO has something similar...love the muni or semi-private tracks in the DEN area. ATL has a city course pkg, about $25 on weekends for about 4 or 5 courses...the courses are just okay and I don't live close to ATL.

Yeah...I have one of the jolt version bushnells...agreed...it is valuable....even at practice...learning just how far I really hit my short irons especially has helped a lot.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have played Kettle Moraine quite a few times since I used to live in Oconomowoc a couple years ago. It's nice course. I haven't played Arrowhead or Kettle Hills though.

You will absolutely love K Hills. A total of 45 holes. A rolling nine and two separate 18 holers. Ponds and Woods and The Valley. Either of them are well worth the price.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sub $30 for a Sat round...that's a pretty good deal...COLO has something similar...love the muni or semi-private tracks in the DEN area. ATL has a city course pkg, about $25 on weekends for about 4 or 5 courses...the courses are just okay and I don't live close to ATL.

Yeah...I have one of the jolt version bushnells...agreed...it is valuable....even at practice...learning just how far I really hit my short irons especially has helped a lot.
In GA I had a buddy who's dad owned a local course in Conyers. Free rounds all the time...I miss that. I think since then they sold the land for low income housing.

You will absolutely love K Hills. A total of 45 holes. A rolling nine and two separate 18 holers. Ponds and Woods and The Valley. Either of them are well worth the price.
I'll check it out this season. Thanks for the recommendation. Two different 18 hole courses sounds like a daily challenge over a weekend this summer.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In GA I had a buddy who's dad owned a local course in Conyers. Free rounds all the time...I miss that. I think since then they sold the land for low income housing.

I'm sure you do...I've played some really nice courses for free...namely TPC Sugarloaf and the River Club, but rarely have I gotten a hook up like that!!

Cherokee Run is the only course out east that I've played.

The Metro ATL golf landscape is probably the same as when you were here, a few on the east and south side didn't make it.

It's still either high end private, cannongate, or residential semi-private tracks...Cannongate did expand...they gobbled up about 6 to 8 courses ion the north side in th elast 5 yrs.

Very few munis. Chicopee Woods owned by Hall county is probably the best muni around. $35 or so after 12 on weekend and they have 27 holes. I play there about once a month.

Mystery Valley which you may remember is run by a golf management company, but they may still be own by Dekalb...not sure. Solid track, very reasonable.

My splurge course to play this year.

Echelon Golf Club - Great Golf, Pure and Simple

In Alpharetta...at one point it was the home course for Tech.

The other must play for me this year is actually a $35 round...a St Park course...about an hr & 40 northeast on the SC state line. Arrowhead on Lake B Russell...great lay out, no houses, lake views every bit as good as those triple digit Lake Oconee tracks