• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Daniels vs Maye: Final thoughts

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only troll on here is you pansy
You already said pansy...try something else.

How am I a troll again?

Can we make another deal?

You realize nobody takes you seriously right?

Must be sad always being wrong.

Why don't you do us all a favor and go cheer for maye and the patriots.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Cry Me A River

Sad Crypto GIF by Chubbiverse

Pansy

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters said in his press conference that daniels was the #1 player on their board.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Peters said in his press conference that daniels was the #1 player on their board."

Of course he is gonna say that. Did you expect him to say, we had him 15th on our board, but were desperate to get a QB and drew a name out of the hat?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best template for running QBs is Russell Wilson. To me, Lamar Jackson is just a game manager with legs. If a Super Bowl win is the goal, you better hope JD isn’t Lamar Jackson. Otherwise, you won’t win without an all NFL defense. JD could prove me wrong, but if a QB has the option to run for a gain and uses it often, then they aren’t developing as a passer like they should. That will result in flashy highlights, but not important wins.

He should be an awesome fantasy football QB though.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best template for running QBs is Russell Wilson. To me, Lamar Jackson is just a game manager with legs. If a Super Bowl win is the goal, you better hope JD isn’t Lamar Jackson. Otherwise, you won’t win without an all NFL defense. JD could prove me wrong, but if a QB has the option to run for a gain and uses it often, then they aren’t developing as a passer like they should. That will result in flashy highlights, but not important wins.

40tds 4 int

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was totally buying what you were posting, until the end. An 8 yard run on 3rd and 6 is just as valuable as a pin point pass, which Daniels can also deliver, on 3rd and 6. And of course unlike most 8 yard completions on 3rd and 6 Daniels has the ability to turn it into a 40 yard play.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was totally buying what you were posting, until the end. An 8 yard run on 3rd and 6 is just as valuable as a pin point pass, which Daniels can also deliver, on 3rd and 6. And of course unlike most 8 yard completions on 3rd and 6 Daniels has the ability to turn it into a 40 yard play.
My point is a developmental one. He’s not going to learn what throws to make and the timing of those throws when the pockets collapsing against a defense that can contain him in the pocket. He’s going to bust a lot of big runs against defenses that can’t contain him, though. However, good defenses will always be able to contain his legs.

He might prove me wrong, but I see the willingness and ability to pick up that 20 yard gain on the ground as a detriment to a great running QBs passing development. He’s not learning what passes he should make in those situations when his legs aren’t an option.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is confusing. Russell most definitely benefited from the legion of boom, he didn't have much at WR but had Lynch.

Lamar has benefited from a great Ravens defense BUT he's clearly carried the offense.
Not too many teams are getting passed KC to reach the superbowl right now bro.

We can only hope he is good as Lamar

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is confusing. Russell most definitely benefited from the legion of boom, he didn't have much at WR but had Lynch.

Lamar has benefited from a great Ravens defense BUT he's clearly carried the offense.
Not too many teams are getting passed KC to reach the superbowl right now bro.

We can only hope he is good as Lamar
He'll be better than Lamar as a passer and just about the same as a runner.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is a developmental one. He’s not going to learn what throws to make and the timing of those throws when the pockets collapsing against a defense that can contain him in the pocket. He’s going to bust a lot of big runs against defenses that can’t contain him, though. However, good defenses will always be able to contain his legs.

He might prove me wrong, but I see the willingness and ability to pick up that 20 yard gain on the ground as a detriment to a great running QBs passing development. He’s not learning what passes he should make in those situations when his legs aren’t an option.
Have the better defenses contained Lamar? Jackson is Cousins in January but he has played great against good defenses during the regular season for years. And it's not like coaches can't help Daniels.

I'll admit a running QBs is not my preference, I prefer the Big Ben like guys who can run when needed. But looking at the tape Daniels, like Williams, looks special and I'll take my chances with special.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the better defenses contained Lamar? Jackson is Cousins in January but he has played great against good defenses during the regular season for years. And all of your concerns can be coached up to some extent.
When he needed to pass against the chiefs he looked pretty bad. He looked like he was forcing throws that he shouldn’t. He has a great defense that allows him to kill clock, which he is very good at. However, when he needs to play from behind, he kinda sucks.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar's last year in college
Yds: 3,660
Comp%: 59.1
TD/INT: 27/10
Pass RTG: 146.6

Jayden's last year in college
Yds: 3,812
Comp%: 72.2
TD/INT: 40/4
Pass RTG: 208.0

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be better than Lamar as a passer and just about the same as a runner.

I'm guessing it will take 2 or 3 years. Lamar didn't have to play right away and i believe that helped him tremendously. I'm not too worried about injuries his rookie year but i do have concerns about turnovers that actually cost us a game. Normal rookie mistakes. Hopefully folks understand he won't be CJ Stroud

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing it will take 2 or 3 years. Lamar didn't have to play right away and i believe that helped him tremendously. I'm not too worried about injuries his rookie year but i do have concerns about turnovers that actually cost us a game. Normal rookie mistakes. Hopefully folks understand he won't be CJ Stroud
He better be or it was a wasted pick