• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 10 considering changing conference rules to ensure Ohio State qualifies for Big 10 Championship Game

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, this seems like a controversy for no reason. If Indiana wins out put them in the championship game to play for the B1G. OSU still gets a game against Iowa or Wiscy and could still make the playoffs. Don't think the committee cares if they beat Northwestern anyway.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, this seems like a controversy for no reason. If Indiana wins out put them in the championship game to play for the B1G. OSU still gets a game against Iowa or Wiscy and could still make the playoffs. Don't think the committee cares if they beat Northwestern anyway.
If Iowa beats Wisconsin next week there a semi realistic chance they'll be ranked higher than NW on Dec 19 anyway

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do agree they should have osu play a game either way. Don't think Indiana should be ahead of osu but I'm obviously biased. But its also in the fact that osu beat them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do agree they should have osu play a game either way. Don't think Indiana should be ahead of osu but I'm obviously biased. But its also in the fact that osu beat them.
OSU will play a game either way. Entire BIG plays during CCG weekend.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio State misses out of the conference Championship game and the playoffs the BIG10 is getting what it deserves for starting late and putting their schools in a tough spot from a schedule stand point.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio State misses out of the conference Championship game and the playoffs the BIG10 is getting what it deserves for starting late and putting their schools in a tough spot from a schedule stand point.
Total agreement. I am a Big Ten fan but they made their own bed. Cannot claim an undefeated team with 10 wins played an easy schedule when a second undefeated team only plays 6 or even 7 games. If you don't play 9 or 10 games then life's a bitch. A lot of people got the short end from Covid 19, deal with it. Any P5 team that lost a game due to the opponentss Covid could have offered to pay BYU to buy out of its commitment and play them. Or games could have played against other P5 conference teams that were losing a game that same weekend.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't disagree.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU isn't missing the playoffs if they win out even if they don't play next week . Really the ONLY way I could see a slight argument is if Florida beats Bama and then Clemson beats ND in a nail biter and even then the committee would ( imo ) still take OSU over ND

What OSU would prefer obviously is to beat Michigan then win the B10 but even if they don't play next week they'll still be playing either a top 12ish type Iowa team or a top 25 Wisky in the 2nd place game

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it scUM is giving Harbaugh a 3 year extension which will be announced after the season.

Imagine them getting absolutely pasted by OSU then making that announcement. Fans on mgoblow.com are already ready to burn the place down.

Please, do not cancel this game.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it scUM is giving Harbaugh a 3 year extension which will be announced after the season.
the only way they should give him an extension is if they beat osu by 135 points, and we know that ain’t happening. He should have been gone after the msu game, and nothing has changed since that day.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imagine them getting absolutely pasted by OSU then making that announcement. Fans on mgoblow.com are already ready to burn the place down.

Please, do not cancel this game.
This can't be true? I gotta see a link?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way they should give him an extension is if they beat osu by 135 points, and we know that ain’t happening. He should have been gone after the msu game, and nothing has changed since that day.
An extension for Harbaugh is a great idea.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total agreement. I am a Big Ten fan but they made their own bed. Cannot claim an undefeated team with 10 wins played an easy schedule when a second undefeated team only plays 6 or even 7 games. If you don't play 9 or 10 games then life's a bitch. A lot of people got the short end from Covid 19, deal with it. Any P5 team that lost a game due to the opponentss Covid could have offered to pay BYU to buy out of its commitment and play them. Or games could have played against other P5 conference teams that were losing a game that same weekend.

If Ohio State was fighting to play from day 1i would be a little more likely to agree with the "B1G made their own bed sentiment".

On your second point, no, B1G ruled that a team sitting out bc of an opponent with Covid issues could not schedule a different OOC game.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please make this happen.
As the years have rolled on, the rumblings have gotten louder understandably with more and more fans not supporting Harbaugh. IMO, based on my observations, I'd guess harbaugh's supporters at between 35-40%........... It has to be madenning to the majority of Wolverine fans that jimmy will probably get extended. I don't see the program going in the right direction. problem is, its not a good year to try to find a replacement coach......

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the big game, I'm already hearing unfortunately due to michigan, that there is a probability that they won't play. fucking bullshit. why? OSU just played a game that they were without 23 players. Michigan cancelled their game because they were without only 12. laughable. If OSU could play without 23, why couldn't michigan without 12????

Now, all rules should be thrown out the window. A replacement game should be put together by OSU as a possible backup game if scUM pussies out. Minnesota? or a non conf. game with someone, yes B1G - fuck your stupid rules.

That all being said, I'm pretty confident the B1G will put OSU in the CCG, stupid as hell not to. Looks like the west will be Iowa or NW.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio State was fighting to play from day 1i would be a little more likely to agree with the "B1G made their own bed sentiment".

On your second point, no, B1G ruled that a team sitting out bc of an opponent with Covid issues could not schedule a different OOC game.
I realize they ruled it out. I think that was a mistake but if team any is hurt by the rule there should be no sympathy for that team.

And as far as the National Championship is concered , I believe, any undefeated team and probably any one loss team having played at least 10 games, should be front of any team that only played 6 games.
If not, then we might as well have the national championship played the first two weeks of the season by the top four preseason picks. The rest of the season would then be for entertainment only. The AP and Coaches are often loath to admit that their preseason picks are wrong.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize they ruled it out. I think that was a mistake but if team any is hurt by the rule there should be no sympathy for that team.

And as far as the National Championship is concerned, I believe, any undefeated team and probably any one loss team having played at least 10 games, should be front of any team that only played 6 games.
If not, then we might as well have the national championship played the first two weeks of the season by the top four preseason picks. The rest of the season would then be for entertainment only. The AP and Coaches are often loath to admit that their preseason picks are wrong.

lmao......

of course you do....... Your tears that will flow once OSU is in the B1G CG, rightly so......... will be delicious.......

Enjoy being in the top 4 for now, until the ACC CG is played.......

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want a team in the final 4 and that money, they must do it