• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any idea when the new Galaxy is coming out

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerning battery life, I have the Galaxy S5 and the battery life is no where near what I was used to with my Razr Maxx. You can get a good deal of usage out of the phone before the battery starts to become an issue. On the rare occasion I forget to charge my phone I will put it into "Ultra Power Saving Mode". In UPSM you can get days worth of usage out out it with only a 10% charge, as long as you're not expecting internet or apps. With the USB 3.0 charger you can charge the thing to full capacity in ~ an hour or so.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Galaxy S6 Edge is very nice.. I actually like the extra Edge features and the battery life destroys my former S4..

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my Note 2 charges fast, but over time the time needed for a charge has become quicker and quicker. I want a battery that last 12 hours without a charge.

Before buying a new phone, buy a new battery. At least if you're still happy with the phone in all other respects besides battery life. The batteries on these phones wear out much faster than the rest of the hardware. Plus on days where you might need it you can carry the old battery with you and just swap it out once the first one dies. It's absolutely my favorite feature on my phone (the s4) I hit the power button, peel the back panel off, swap out the dead battery for a charged one, put the panel back on and restart the phone all in about 30 seconds.

I bought a replacement battery, which came with a standalone charger (so I can charge my phone and the extra battery separately instead of having to swap to charge both) and an extra battery. It cost me a whopping $17.99. And now I can quite literally use my phone for 24 hours straight without recharging. Or a 3 day weekend camping trip.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My S4 was getting pretty bad about holding its charge, but I really didn't think the battery was that bad so I installed battery doctor from the play store and it made a huge difference. Went from charging it every night and still having it go dead in 12 hours sometimes to charging it once every 2-3 days and even then it's maybe 40% when I finally charge it. It did show me a couple of things I forgot I installed that I could remove, but really didn't uninstall much and it's way better on juice now. And my phone is on 24/7 and gets used every day for my work.

As for carrying an extra battery, no way. If a battery is bad enough to be replaced junk it. Bad batteries can actually damage your phone. Besides USB charging sticks are so cheap now. There is no reason to not have one. The one I have can fully charge my phone up from dead and then some on a single charge and it's only slightly larger than a thumb drive.