• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Any idea when the new Galaxy is coming out

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one should I get if I put a lot of music on my phone? Not really sure because I never had to get a phone by GB. Is 64 good enough or should I do 128?

I don't know if any of the new generation still has it at all, but the s5 at least had removable storage. The new s6 doesn't, neither do most of the "premium metal" phones of this generation.

With a phone without removable storage the 32, 64, 128, whatever GB is all you get and all you ever get. All of your apps, all of their apps, all of your pictures, videos, songs etc all has to fit on whatever you buy upfront. With removable storage, you can pay for something as little as 32 GB, maybe even 16 GB, and you can buy as many 64 GB micro SD cards as you want (for1/2 or even 1/3 of the price that extra memory on the phone itself costs) and if you need more room for more songs or videos in 2 years, you do t have to erase old stuff or buy a whole new phone. Any apps do need to stay on the actual phone storage though, they don't let you put apps on SD card anymore.

You can buy SD cards for like $10 for a 32 GB, I saw 128 GB for $30 on sale the other day. Going from a 32 GB phone to a 64 GB is probably an extra $100.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the S4 but really need a new phone

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The S6 line does not have a removable rear cover. This means no replaceable battery and no extra storage. What you get is what you have.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if any of the new generation still has it at all, but the s5 at least had removable storage. The new s6 doesn't, neither do most of the "premium metal" phones of this generation.

With a phone without removable storage the 32, 64, 128, whatever GB is all you get and all you ever get. All of your apps, all of their apps, all of your pictures, videos, songs etc all has to fit on whatever you buy upfront. With removable storage, you can pay for something as little as 32 GB, maybe even 16 GB, and you can buy as many 64 GB micro SD cards as you want (for1/2 or even 1/3 of the price that extra memory on the phone itself costs) and if you need more room for more songs or videos in 2 years, you do t have to erase old stuff or buy a whole new phone. Any apps do need to stay on the actual phone storage though, they don't let you put apps on SD card anymore.

You can buy SD cards for like $10 for a 32 GB, I saw 128 GB for $30 on sale the other day. Going from a 32 GB phone to a 64 GB is probably an extra $100.

This is why I went with a cheap-o. Has the removable battery and took my 32GB SD card out of my old Samsung. Don't like the thought of not being able to replace just the battery.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...I set my Samsung on my desk and it transfers all my shit to my computer with me thinking about it. I don't need no stinkin' card.

Client showed me that new edge. he really likes it because you can hit the feature buttons using the same hand that's holding the phone...no interruption to your spankin' hand!

2105656400000578-0-image-a-12_1421789288229.jpg

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to pick up the Galaxy S6 Edge today. FUCK this windows phone I gave you a shot and you sucked.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a s4 still and I'm grandfathered in with Verizon on an unlimited data plan.

They just sent me an email that they'll give me a s6 edge for free if I come in and "update" (give up my unlimited data) plan.

They changed it 3-4 years ago so you had to pay the full price of the phone (that fake as hell like $800 number) not the prorated price they gave to customers. I wasn't going to do that, so I was supposed to lose my unlimited data the day I got my s4. But I had pre-ordered it and went to pick it up at open on the first day it came out. They had so many problems activating it that they had to do it a different way... which luckily for me somehow canceled them updating my grandfathered plan into one of the current tiers.

So while I like unlimited data, I'm not overly attached. Wondering if getting the newest phone for free would be worth it? I had planned on updating to one of the "phablets" either the galaxy note this year, or waiting until my phone eventually needs replacement and then getting the newest. Right now my s4 just really doesn't feel like I'm missing all that much. But I do really like new toys.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a s4 still and I'm grandfathered in with Verizon on an unlimited data plan.

They just sent me an email that they'll give me a s6 edge for free if I come in and "update" (give up my unlimited data) plan.

They changed it 3-4 years ago so you had to pay the full price of the phone (that fake as hell like $800 number) not the prorated price they gave to customers. I wasn't going to do that, so I was supposed to lose my unlimited data the day I got my s4. But I had pre-ordered it and went to pick it up at open on the first day it came out. They had so many problems activating it that they had to do it a different way... which luckily for me somehow canceled them updating my grandfathered plan into one of the current tiers.

So while I like unlimited data, I'm not overly attached. Wondering if getting the newest phone for free would be worth it? I had planned on updating to one of the "phablets" either the galaxy note this year, or waiting until my phone eventually needs replacement and then getting the newest. Right now my s4 just really doesn't feel like I'm missing all that much. But I do really like new toys.
I was a verizon customer who wanted to get a new phone. So I give my phone to the wife who was still using a really old outdated phone ( because she isn't into the lastest and greatest new phones). Then I find out that I lose my unlimited plan if I want to stick with Verizon and buy a new phone. So now I'm a Tmobile customer who has unlimited plan at half the cost. It has it draw back, mostly limited coverage when driving out away from the city, but I don't actually do that so often , so I live with that draw back.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galaxy s6 edge. Haven't played with it fully but blows htc1 windows out of the water.

I'm ready to step up to that. Curious to get your nitty gritty on the thing?! It's been out long enough so any software glitches should be fixed. Any big negatives?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready to step up to that. Curious to get your nitty gritty on the thing?! It's been out long enough so any software glitches should be fixed. Any big negatives?
Honestly coming from a Windows 8 phone this thing is like heaven. No major glitches I've encountered. Battery life isn't the best on the market but the suckers charges to 100% in under 2 hours. I can really say the curved screen is all that useful for me but it makes it look really good. The default alerts settings is annoying to me on some things but I have been to lazy to change em.

My favorite phone I've had so far and I've had all 3 operating systems :thumb:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking I may have to get a new phone. My Note 2 is getting weird. Hoping it's just the battery, ordered a new one, so I'll see if that fixes things.
So I'm interested in hearing pluses and minuses of the latest phone.
A battery that drains quick is something I'm trying to avoid. So let's hear from others about new phones and how they work.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say it drains fast I just know that there are other phones that have awesome battery life. If you're looking for something that last forever this isn't the phone for you but honestly it charges so damn fast it doesn't affect me.

Take into account I really like this phone because my HTC One windows phone was such a p.o.s. compared to this android run samsung.

I've had Android before, multiple apples so I know the spectrum pretty well and I'd have to say Android operating sysytem is the way to go.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say it drains fast I just know that there are other phones that have awesome battery life. If you're looking for something that last forever this isn't the phone for you but honestly it charges so damn fast it doesn't affect me.

Take into account I really like this phone because my HTC One windows phone was such a p.o.s. compared to this android run samsung.

I've had Android before, multiple apples so I know the spectrum pretty well and I'd have to say Android operating sysytem is the way to go.
Well my Note 2 charges fast, but over time the time needed for a charge has become quicker and quicker. I want a battery that last 12 hours without a charge.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that's all I've heard from others as well about the S6. My S4 was the same when new 3 years ago and hasn't changed a bit - no obvious problems and enough battery if you plug it every night.
When you shut off and delete all the worthless apps they put on a new phone, your battery will last a bit longer.

I'll go get one when I get some time. I'm stuck with Verizon and they never have sales...sux.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's all I've heard from others as well about the S6. My S4 was the same when new 3 years ago and hasn't changed a bit - no obvious problems and enough battery if you plug it every night.
When you shut off and delete all the worthless apps they put on a new phone, your battery will last a bit longer.

I'll go get one when I get some time. I'm stuck with Verizon and they never have sales...sux.
I have Verizon too, I would maybe recommend looking into the Edge program or whatever it is called. Not stuck to 2 year contracts so you can switch phones sooner. Just a thought. Glad I had it so I wasn't stuck with my HTC1, 6 months and I was done with her

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Verizon too, I would maybe recommend looking into the Edge program or whatever it is called. Not stuck to 2 year contracts so you can switch phones sooner. Just a thought. Glad I had it so I wasn't stuck with my HTC1, 6 months and I was done with her

Thanks, I take a look. I have 5 phones in my deal...for wifey, mom and 2 employees. So, we just offset everybody's 2 years.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I take a look. I have 5 phones in my deal...for wifey, mom and 2 employees. So, we just offset everybody's 2 years.
You're a good guy, when you're not ripping Urban and the Bucks :suds: