• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a shame that Laughton has to do the laying out. I thought we brought in Grant and Thompson for that job and they simply arent willing to take that role.
I wouldn't say those guys were horrible but I was expecting a little better. Chip in periodically. Sure some of the top lines haven't done much but their 4th line is killing Phillys which has been a killer. Raffl helped that last night but they need more. Patrick, Frost and Lindblom will be far better options moving forward....imagine Hayes being pushed to 3C and everyone else dropping a line down. It will be money.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say those guys were horrible but I was expecting a little better. Chip in periodically. Sure some of the top lines haven't done much but their 4th line is killing Phillys which has been a killer. Raffl helped that last night but they need more. Patrick, Frost and Lindblom will be far better options moving forward....imagine Hayes being pushed to 3C and everyone else dropping a line down. It will be money.

Damn! We’re gonna be deep.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post deserves a second quote.
Team leaders should never be invisible in the playoffs. If they arent scoring they do some hitting if that isn't available they do some digging at the goalie in front if that isnt available do some pushing and shoving if not they are killing penalties. There are many other parts of the game other than offense.

If disappearing for a month and then scoring a goal or two the last few games makes you a leader we might as well put the C on JVR

Doing other parts of the game like killing penalties, taking every important draw, and leading the team in defensive zone starts while still carrying the play when your on the ice? Counts to me. Only thing that counts to you is hits.

When they're invisible, we call them out. When they put on their big boy pants, they deserved to be praised. Not a single hockey player in the NHL impacts every single game. And every single NHL player goes through stretches of invisibility. What about one of our favorites, Travis Konecny. He's been just as invisible as JvR in the playoffs, but not a peep. Giroux on the other hand, deserves to be traded or at least stripped of the C because he doesn't lead the team in hits.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing other parts of the game like killing penalties, taking every important draw, and leading the team in defensive zone starts while still carrying the play when your on the ice? Counts to me. Only thing that counts to you is hits.

When they're invisible, we call them out. When they put on their big boy pants, they deserved to be praised. Not a single hockey player in the NHL impacts every single game. And every single NHL player goes through stretches of invisibility. What about one of our favorites, Travis Konecny. He's been just as invisible as JvR in the playoffs, but not a peep. Giroux on the other hand, deserves to be traded or at least stripped of the C because he doesn't lead the team in hits.
Don't forget Couts was missing every empty net that sure didn't help the cause. Laughts was awful and benched and has since come back strong it happens. We also don't know what goes on in the room you need some vets to help the young guys. I'll sure Niskanen and Braun deserve some credit in that department too.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TK has been invisible and read my posts he has been called out on multiple occasions.

Gee was invisible for a month and that's not what leaders do. Hes been called out a by every person in the media for doing nothing. Killing penalties? What is he out there for 10 second per PK. Taking defensive zone draws? He has not been that good at faceoffs in the playoffs as he was during the season.

Leaders step up during playoff time and ill paraphrase your words "Gee perimeter game doesnt translate well into playoff hockey"

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go look at the nhl game day thread. I called out TK there and will call him out here, he's been just as horrible as Giroux.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TK has been invisible and read my posts he has been called out on multiple occasions.

Gee was invisible for a month and that's not what leaders do. Hes been called out a by every person in the media for doing nothing. Killing penalties? What is he out there for 10 second per PK. Taking defensive zone draws? He has not been that good at faceoffs in the playoffs as he was during the season.

Leaders step up during playoff time and ill paraphrase your words "Gee perimeter game doesnt translate well into playoff hockey"

Go look at the nhl game day thread. I called out TK there and will call him out here, he's been just as horrible as Giroux.

My point is, where is the clamoring to trade TK after a month of invisibility? Nowhere. Hockey players go on cold streaks, period.

And Gee has won 58% of his draws this playoff season. He was 59% for the regular season. The horror. He averages more PK time than TK does. More d-zone starts than TK does. Plays a more well-rounded game than TK does.

He just doesn't hit. And you despise him for it. So every time he gets it wrong, here come the 'sucks as a leader' crowd. Every time he plays well, he should've been playing well all along. It gets so old. Giroux brings a ton to this team, you guys just don't like him. I'd prefer he brought more consistent offense. I'd prefer he was more physical. But when he doesn't, he doesn't deserve to be traded or stripped of the captaincy.

(and don't twist this into a 'TK should be traded' thing. That's not what i'm saying at all. I love TK as much as the next guy. But hockey players go through struggles. Gotta weather the lows to get the highs.)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giroux has looked really good for at least two games now and two very long games at that. If nobody else will give him credit, I sure as fuck will.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 64 hits last night.

Laughton lead the way with 9. :clap::clap::clap:
Laughton was amazing last night. Btw, what did you think of JvRs sniper shot slapper on the breakaway? I was fooled. I think everyone was waiting for a close shot. It was a great shot.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29 turnovers and 6 take aways just isn't going to get it done in game 7.

We really need to pick it up in this area.

Im talking to you Myers and Sanheim.
Yup. That was brutal. These kids will be great once they learn what a gym is and building muscle.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughton was amazing last night. Btw, what did you think of JvRs sniper shot slapper on the breakaway? I was fooled. I think everyone was waiting for a close shot. It was a great shot.

Yeah, JVR actually has a lot of skill and it's starting to show way more often. He definitely made Varlamov look bad on that one.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is, where is the clamoring to trade TK after a month of invisibility? Nowhere. Hockey players go on cold streaks, period.

And Gee has won 58% of his draws this playoff season. He was 59% for the regular season. The horror. He averages more PK time than TK does. More d-zone starts than TK does. Plays a more well-rounded game than TK does.

He just doesn't hit. And you despise him for it. So every time he gets it wrong, here come the 'sucks as a leader' crowd. Every time he plays well, he should've been playing well all along. It gets so old. Giroux brings a ton to this team, you guys just don't like him. I'd prefer he brought more consistent offense. I'd prefer he was more physical. But when he doesn't, he doesn't deserve to be traded or stripped of the captaincy.

(and don't twist this into a 'TK should be traded' thing. That's not what i'm saying at all. I love TK as much as the next guy. But hockey players go through struggles. Gotta weather the lows to get the highs.)
Sigh, I've been pretty much on the Giroux is a real good player but not Captain material, just my opinion. The funny part is everybody here thinks players like Giroux or TK are these head and heels above great players. On most great teams in the past he would never have been more than a 2nd line center at best. I can name 30 plus players better all round then Gee or TK.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. That was brutal. These kids will be great once they learn what a gym is and building muscle.
Lucky they are getting some good experience now so when they bulk up we will be better than ever.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh, I've been pretty much on the Giroux is a real good player but not Captain material, just my opinion. The funny part is everybody here thinks players like Giroux or TK are these head and heels above great players. On most great teams in the past he would never have been more than a 2nd line center at best. I can name 30 plus players better all round then Gee or TK.

Lol No shit, it's easy for you to pick on a dude who is perhaps in the twilight of his career and another who is on the rise, but terribly snakebitten at the moment.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they're amazing NHL players. I agree, there probably are 30 plus players that are all around better. They're in the conversation for 'best Flyer' though. I think people have expectations of Giroux to be this 'head and heels above great' and when he doesn't live up to the greatness of the top 10 in the league he's 'not captain material'. He might've been that in his prime, but he's not that anymore. Expecting that from him game in and game out is ridiculous. People point to "Gee is paid to be a superstar and doesn't live up to his contract'. He's the 28th highest paid player in the league. It's not like he's a top 10 salary either.

The Flyers have a slew of good players. And that's how they're going to win the cup someday soon. By having good players where other teams have bad ones. And Carter Hart.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think at some point after becoming a father, Giroux lost some of his competitive fire that always made him special, but it sure as hell looks like he's recouped some as of late. Yes, he is the captain, but we rely on him now less than we have in years past because the rest of the team is so much better.

Bottom line, I just think it's disrespectful to rag on a lifetime Flyer that (especially given his lack of size) has truly exceeded expectations in the sport for his entire life.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're amazing NHL players. I agree, there probably are 30 plus players that are all around better. They're in the conversation for 'best Flyer' though. I think people have expectations of Giroux to be this 'head and heels above great' and when he doesn't live up to the greatness of the top 10 in the league he's 'not captain material'. He might've been that in his prime, but he's not that anymore. Expecting that from him game in and game out is ridiculous. People point to "Gee is paid to be a superstar and doesn't live up to his contract'. He's the 28th highest paid player in the league. It's not like he's a top 10 salary either.

The Flyers have a slew of good players. And that's how they're going to win the cup someday soon. By having good players where other teams have bad ones. And Carter Hart.
I agree with you, have I been hard on Roo in the past? Yes. I guess after the time he came out with that fire and passion that playoff game where he said I want the 1st shift and scored, I kept waiting to see that player over the years and was a little disappointed to not see much of it if any over the years. He's still a good player.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, have I been hard on Roo in the past? Yes. I guess after the time he came out with that fire and passion that playoff game where he said I want the 1st shift and scored, I kept waiting to see that player over the years and was a little disappointed to not see much of it if any over the years. He's still a good player.
Good player, bad leader.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good player, bad leader.
Could very well be, I've never heard his locker room talk. Sometimes players are better off just taking on their role. Maybe he would like to give up the C it's just we haven't had any other players to take that roll long term.