• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VolQuest.com - Explosive Henderson honing WR skills

A bit of a knee sprain coupled with some work on the track has left Corey Henderson awaiting an opportunity to show a more complete skill-set on the gridiron.

Tuesday afternoon, the 6-foot-1, 170-pound speedster who two months ago committed to the University of Tennessee gets his opportunity to shine.

"I want to prove that I can be more than just a screen guy. Most people label me as (saying) 'He's the guy who can catch screen and take it for a big play,'" Henderson told VolQuest.com. "I want to prove that I can stretch the field on go routes and posts. To show I'm good on other routes than just screens.

"I've been working hard, and I'm trying to get them to stretch the offense down the field to show what I can do."

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This summer Akers plans to attend camps at Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi State, and Florida State, and he also hopes to visit Tennessee, Clemson, Georgia Tech, and Ole Miss.

Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Tennessee have been recruiting him the hardest, but Akers is not ready to name any favorites.

"I'll probably narrow my list at the end of football season next year," Akers said. "I have a long time. I have two more years, so it's going to be a long two years."

Cam Akers - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee: "Tennessee has some of the best facilities I have seen, so that is impressive. I am also always in contact with Coach Z (Wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni) and he is a very cool guy. I went up there last summer and I liked it a lot. They have put a lot of receivers in the NFL, so that is great too."
- Chad Simmons

Binjimen Victor - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vance defensive back’s most recent visit was to Tennessee.

”The visit was great and they have great facilities,” Dorn said. “The coaches are phenomenal there. They’re cool and they always talk about how well I’d fit into the system. I really liked the up-tempo practice environment.

”I had a chance to sit down and talk with coach (Butch) Jones and that was good. He just talked to me about the system they run and what would happen if I go to school there. I really liked how he was straight forward with me.”

Dorn finished his junior season with 75 receptions for 1,300 yards and 19 touchdowns on offense. Defensively, he had 77 tackles and five interceptions.
- Scout

Myles Dorn - Yahoo! Sports