• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurd and Kamara will be gone soon, so would be nice if we could land a stud RB in this class.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe that's the one held in Oregon.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four-star OL Brodarious Hamm finds 'home' with Tennessee Vols

The four-star junior offensive lineman from Spalding High School in Griffin, Ga., committed to Tennessee on Saturday, choosing the Vols over Georgia, Auburn and scholarship offers from at least a half-dozen other teams shortly before UT’s spring-ending Orange and White Game.

“I was thinking about (committing) this week at school, about Tennessee,” said Hamm, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 305 overall prospect and No. 31 offensive tackle in the 247Sports Composite for the 2016 class.

“I just had to get up here this weekend, and when I got up here, I wanted to go on and just commit.”

The 6-foot-5, 320-pound Hamm gave Tennessee its eighth commitment for the 2016 class and its second from an offensive lineman, joining Top247 offensive tackle Ryan Johnson of Brentwood (Tenn.) Academy.

Hamm visited Tennessee for the first time to attend its junior day March 7, and he said the Vols have “been in my top three” since then. He admitted that he recently had been leaning toward them, and spending time with Tennessee’s players and coaches Friday and Saturday helped to convince him that he was ready to end his recruitment.

“When I got up here, I felt more like I was at home,” Hamm said. “I started feeling like that the first time I came up here. Just the coaches and the players (made me feel that way).

“It’s like everybody up here is a family, and I like that.”

He said he initially informed Vols linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen of his decision, and Thigpen “was happy” to hear the news. Hamm said he later told Tennessee coach Butch Jones that he had made up his mind.

“(Jones) was like, ‘Great.’ Then, when we went out to another area, he was like, ‘We’ve got us another Vol,’” Hamm said.

Hamm said he has been impressed by “just how the players bond together” at Tennessee, and attending Saturday’s spring game at Neyland Stadium showed him “how the fans are really into the game” there. He said he’s also looking forward to playing for Vols offensive line coach Don Mahoney.

“Coach Mahoney, I like how he coaches,” said Hamm, who also claims offers from Auburn, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, N.C. State and Louisville. “He coaches hard and gives you little key tips on the game and what you need to work on.”

While many schools have discussed playing Hamm at either tackle or guard, he said Tennessee only has expressed interest in using him as a tackle. But he said he’s willing to “play any position they put me at.”

“They want me at tackle,” he said. “And they were (saying), if I get up here and work hard, I probably could earn some (playing) time.”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considered a Vol lean, with Auburn and GT in the mix as well.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Think we're recruiting him as a WR.