• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2015 Stanley Cup Final - Lightning vs. Blackhawks

Who Will Win The Stanley Cup?

• Tampa Bay Lightning

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Chicago Blackhawks

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flooding in the area because of the torrential rain. Cup didn't even make it by the time the game was over.

Only a few minutes delayed, and it wasn't really noticeable. They did an extra interview or two and gave the players a few extra minutes to celebrate. But since they do the Conn Smythe first, that gives them some time too.

Gotcha, thanks!

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Last night they said Ben Bishop had a torn groin and Tyler Johnson had a broken wrist

2) There was a storm there with some flooding and it took them a while to get there, but it got there just in time

1) Damn and damn. Broken wrist? Did Bobby Clarke whack him? :D

2) good, thanks.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Keeper of the Cup said he left the hotel shortly after puck drop.

Why the fuck is the Cup not in the arena like 4 hours before game time? Only the NHL would be so dumb...

/the Keeper also brings the Conn Smythe with him.

Naybe they saw crime data for the area around the Arena and thought "maybe we better wait until we absolutely have to take it there" :noidea:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan Keith should have won the Conn Smythe the last time they won it as well. 2 Norris Trophies and 1.5 Conn Smythe's, not a bad resume.

Also, 43, I believe you accurately diagnosed the Bishop injury earlier in the series. Well done.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naybe they saw crime data for the area around the Arena and thought "maybe we better wait until we absolutely have to take it there" :noidea:
Is it bad around the UC? I don't know jack about Chicago other than there are lots of murders and cocaine around the White Sox' park.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad around the UC? I don't know jack about Chicago other than there are lots of murders and cocaine around the White Sox' park.

From my 2 visits there, it's not even a little bit dangerous around there. It's right in the heart of the touristy/business districts. I'm sure people more familiar with the city can confirm this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan Keith should have won the Conn Smythe the last time they won it as well. 2 Norris Trophies and 1.5 Conn Smythe's, not a bad resume.

Also, 43, I believe you accurately diagnosed the Bishop injury earlier in the series. Well done.

I thought it was a knee, but "groin tear" explains the tears in his eyes that one game. Nothing but respect from me. The whole 'ning team in fact.

I don't think they tired out, I just think that since Filpulla was the only one who had ever won it, they weren't prepared for exactly how far they had to go. Like Gretzky wrote in his book, that first year they got beat by the Isles, and they all walked past the Isle room and saw how broken and beaten the Isles players were and they all realized right then the sacrifice it takes. Now the Bolts know that. They will get one soon.

Like any major city. There are really awful parts and there are parts where the police try to stop people killing tourists. The UC is in that "stop killing tourists" part.

I was irrationally happy to see Antoine Vermette lift the cup. Such a decent guy and a better player than he gets credit for. Not a star by any means, but he improves any team he's on. Kimmo too.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a knee, but "groin tear" explains the tears in his eyes that one game. Nothing but respect from me. The whole 'ning team in fact.

I don't think they tired out, I just think that since Filpulla was the only one who had ever won it, they weren't prepared for exactly how far they had to go.
True, but Stralman, Morrow, Carle and Coburn had all been to the Final before too. Not completely devoid of Final experience.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago has a pizza place named after the Flames captain, that gets a :thumb: in my book...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago has a pizza place named Fuckface?

hqdefault.jpg

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone mention that the team I root for, the team I grew up watching at the old Chicago Stadium, won the Cup last night? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:thumb:

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a die hard Flyers Fan. Congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks on their Stanley Cup victory! Both the Hawks and the Bolts deserved to be in the finals and every game they played was exciting to watch. I was upset when my Flyers lost to the Hawks in 2010, but Chicago has an awesome group of guys on that Team. I was so happy that Kimmo finally won the cup...he is a great player and deserved to retire as a Champion. Jonathan Toews has my respect as a true leader and a class guy, as he handed the cup to Kimmo first. Congrats to all the Hawks for a total Team effort! 3 cups in 6 years is no fluke...the Chicago Blackhawks are now a dynasty.