• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 The Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

How Far Will the Pittsburgh Steelers Go in 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense will carry them but the defense will fail them in the end.

They will likely make the playoffs (but will really have to battle in that division to get there) but I doubt they win once they get there.

When you have to point to a journeyman like William Gay as your most for sure secondary player, you are going to struggle stopping people. Especially when your front 7 is average at best. The Steelers have done a really poor job of replacing the defensive talent as of late. Most of the league switching to a 3-4 defense has finally caught up with the Steelers who are now having trouble finding the players they used to easily find when they were one of the few teams running that system.

I was a little surprised after lebeau was pushed out that Tomlin just didn't announce he was going to go to his 4-3 tampa 2 roots.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shark is the big question mark. honestly , with him seeing no time last year, with mitchell obviously hurt and troy fading badly, it makes me really question him....

Allen getting the nod over him when Troy did go down is still concerning to me as well.

Unless they just totally missed the boat on him, shadowing Troy for the last year...something had to rub off I'm hoping. I'm okay if we don't get the "wow" plays that 43 used to make once or twice a game...just make the tackles, breakup a pass or two.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will likely make the playoffs (but will really have to battle in that division to get there) but I doubt they win once they get there.

When you have to point to a journeyman like William Gay as your most for sure secondary player, you are going to struggle stopping people. Especially when your front 7 is average at best. The Steelers have done a really poor job of replacing the defensive talent as of late. Most of the league switching to a 3-4 defense has finally caught up with the Steelers who are now having trouble finding the players they used to easily find when they were one of the few teams running that system.

I was a little surprised after lebeau was pushed out that Tomlin just didn't announce he was going to go to his 4-3 tampa 2 roots.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe this one will stick.

Fair points

Gay...had the best year of the returning back 4 starters but he's played well since returning to PIT...that said for the Steelers to return to the playoffs, C Allen has to return to form and I think he will...I think Butler's impact will be noticed on the back 4.

Talent...poor job...yes, on some level I have to agree. They have not really blown many high picks on DEF. Ziggy Hood was a 1 contract 1st round pick and Jarvis Jones could be heading in that direction...but the recent high picks Heyward, Tuitt, are keepers...Shazier and McCullers looks promising and we'll have to see how Dupree and this draft class develops. DEF talent is on the rise in PIT...

4-3...Butler has been the DC in waiting a long time and the Steeler way has always been to promote from within where possible...after meeting with Tomlin...apparently he felt there was enough flexibility with Butler to run multiple DL fronts even though he cut his teeth under LeBeau's 3-4.

We'll see, but my simple brain tells me that both McLendon and McCullers on the field should be a better run stopping front than having just one of them in there. I expect there to be a subpkg with 4 DL on the field.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Tom Brady playing the first game change anyone's vote here? For example, to those who voted for the Steelers to lose in the WC round, do they now miss the playoffs? To those voting for Divisional Game and above feel they will now be a WC team or not get a #1 or #2 seed when they would have if Brady didn't play?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Tom Brady playing the first game change anyone's vote here? For example, to those who voted for the Steelers to lose in the WC round, do they now miss the playoffs? To those voting for Divisional Game and above feel they will now be a WC team or not get a #1 or #2 seed when they would have if Brady didn't play?

My win SB vote was in jest.

I think Thursday is a fairly close game if PIT can control the run...I would take PIT and the points in that one...overall...they will be in the DIV hunt...4-2 is my guess there, but lose in DIV round would be my change.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My win SB vote was in jest.

I think Thursday is a fairly close game if PIT can control the run...I would take PIT and the points in that one...overall...they will be in the DIV hunt...4-2 is my guess there, but lose in DIV round would be my change.

I think I made it do that you can change it if you'd like.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, two more days to vote.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2