• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like today's lineup. Only switch I might make... would be Choo/Fielder.

I don't think Fielder has done that well hitting third. He's typically better as the scary guy hitting clean up or 5th in the order to make pitchers pitch to guys in from of him. I like Choo hitting third.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hopefully not anyway.

That SOB also forced Bannister to remove Detwiler last night too. Jeff wanted to see him go one more inning. I forget the exact circumstances, and there was a blurb (DMN today) about it. Can't put my finger on it at the moment.

WTF is he thinking?

It was the Reds. They forced texas to have the pitcher hit instead of using a DH. Total bitch move IMO.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Norm, 289 appearances and 457 innings, are missing from last years staff (counting Tolleson as out), which amounts to 51 games!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the Reds. They forced texas to have the pitcher hit instead of using a DH. Total bitch move IMO.

Yeah....sorry. That red uniform had me seeing red I guess.

Totally uncalled for and frankly, unprofessional move to me.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Norm, 289 appearances and 457 innings, are missing from last years staff (counting Tolleson as out), which amounts to 51 games!

The curse of Nolan Ryan on display!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WATCH: Guess who beat the shift with a bunt single ...
By Dayn Perry | Baseball Writer
USATSI_8473921-Prince-bunt-032415.jpg

Prince Fielder, with the ‘Game Theory' bunt single. (USATSI)

Prince Fielder! He's a candidate for a defensive overshift, as the following 2012-14 spray chart from FanGraphs will show ...

Source: FanGraphs

As you can glean, Fielder, when he puts the ball on the ground, typically goes to the pull side. He'll on occasion hit the ball to the natural shortstop position, but he almost never hugs the third-base line. So you shift Mr. Fielder! Of course, Mr. Fielder is capable of delivering remorseless comeuppance to those who would tempt his dormant small-ball skills. Let's roll tape from Tuesday's Rangers-Angels tilt ...

Excelsior! Take that, shiftheads! That's Prince Fielder, he of the zero career sac hits and zero career bunt hits, laying it down perfectly.

Now let's see a little more of that in the regular season, please.

Pretty cool spray chart!

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Norm talking about that and it was mostly relief innings. I believe he said the entire opening day bullpen is gone now. I do like some of the younger guys who are in the pen now though. Hopefully, we won't need the pen nearly as much as we did last year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Norm talking about that and it was mostly relief innings. I believe he said the entire opening day bullpen is gone now. I do like some of the younger guys who are in the pen now though. Hopefully, we won't need the pen nearly as much as we did last year.

It was all about relief innings. I didn't make that clear.

Well, you did say HOPE. But I can't imagine the pen wouldn't be just as, if not more abused this season from looking at our "potential" starters.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop a cool $100 (heck...gimme a 1k) on the OVER for Holland.

If the Rangers can score runs at all this year, it wouldn't surprise me if Derek got 15-18 wins. That is if the knee holds up all season, or other injuries don't arise for him

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was all about relief innings. I didn't make that clear.

Well, you did say HOPE. But I can't imagine the pen wouldn't be just as, if not more abused this season from looking at our "potential" starters.

Some of Baker's innings and some of Ross' innings were as starters, but it was mostly relief innings.

If we don't have any more injuries to starters until Martin or Harrison can pitch then I am pretty sure this year's starters will be better and thus go deeper into games than last year's starters. A completely healthy Lewis vs. a Lewis who was learning a new stride for much of last season will make some difference. Having a healthy Holland all year long won't offset losing Yu, but it will help it not be as devastating when comparing last year to this one. Having Detwiler and Gallardo should be a significant improvement over what they are replacing. Whoever is the 5th starter should be better than what we rolled out on average last year out of the 5th spot by a significant margin. Overall I feel much better about our starters this year than last.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saddles, do not expect either Harrison or Perez being contributing members of the rotation this year. I don't know how many times I need to say that. Same thing happened with Feliz.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saddles, do not expect either Harrison or Perez being contributing members of the rotation this year. I don't know how many times I need to say that. Same thing happened with Feliz.

I do expect Perez to be in the rotation for a large part of the second half. Even though he won't be at his best, he will most likely be better than what we rolled out in either the 4th or 5th spots in the rotation last year.

Harrison on the other hand cannot be counted on, but I still wouldn't be shocked to see him make a handful of starts. Together between Matt and Martin I think it is okay to expect several starts from a combination of the two of them that would be better statistically than what we were rolling out there at the bottom of the rotation last year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do expect Perez to be in the rotation for a large part of the second half. Even though he won't be at his best, he will most likely be better than what we rolled out in either the 4th or 5th spots in the rotation last year.

Harrison on the other hand cannot be counted on, but I still wouldn't be shocked to see him make a handful of starts. Together between Matt and Martin I think it is okay to expect several starts from a combination of the two of them that would be better statistically than what we were rolling out there at the bottom of the rotation last year.

But is an not up to speed Perez better than what we may be rolling out in the 4th and 5th this year? Not sure how long it will take to get his arm strength back. He will need to spend some time in the minors rehabbing.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is on Fox Sports Southwest tonight at 8:04 CST. It is also on MLB Network but tape delayed.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the regular season starting later this year? Seems like in the past we started at least around April 1st. The 6th seems late.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the regular season starting later this year? Seems like in the past we started at least around April 1st. The 6th seems late.

It was starting earlier the past few, I think. Seems like around the 6th is when it used to kick off.