• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy Boucher is the only other coach who interests me. He has a track record of being able to come in and make an immediate positive impact.

Tippet is my #2. He did some good things in Phoenix for a while with a mediocre roster. I think he could do some good things here. Would get the defense/goaltending on track I think.

I was pretty anti-Vigneault at first, but the more I read about him, he may be my #3.

I'm not really sold on Boucher. Mostly because I think he coaches boring teams haha. He did have a good impact initially with Ottawa though, before they got rid of all their NHL players.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok good news everybody, I have decided to throw my name out there as a potential Head coach. I will be meeting with Fletcher later in the week to work out the details. Stay tuned!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tippet would be interesting like @awaz mentioned. I'll throw a name out there and tell me your thoughts. Luke Richardson?

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasoning Sir?
Meh, he's still under contract with the Wild. His playoff track record isn't great. I also can't forget the fact that he had some very stacked teams and underachieved. I'm thinking of the Caps not that long ago. Just my opin ion buddy.:suds:have a Coors Lite on me.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok good news everybody, I have decided to throw my name out there as a potential Head coach. I will be meeting with Fletcher later in the week to work out the details. Stay tuned!
I approve of this hiring, hopefully it happens as soon as possible.:nod:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, he's still under contract with the Wild. His playoff track record isn't great. I also can't forget the fact that he had some very stacked teams and underachieved. I'm thinking of the Caps not that long ago. Just my opin ion buddy.:suds:have a Coors Lite on me.
If he is no good with stacked teams than we should hire him because he may be good with our team full of underachievers.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the highlights from the press conference today.. sounds like

1. Gordon is still in the mix for HC, but Fletch is searching
2. Fletch wants to add talent to the team, but doesn't think the FA class is 'elite'. (I kinda disagree with that. Not very often a two top line players (Panarin, Duchene) a #1 dman (Karlsson) and a Vezina goalie (Bobrovsky) all hit free agency).
3. Vet D seems to be Fletch's main priority. Limiting Goals Against in general.
4. Gordon says the biggest issues that face the team are breakouts and play in the offensive zone (would assume based on other comments, he's concerned about the Flyers not getting to the net, which was a major problem under Hak).

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Fletch wants to add talent to the team, but doesn't think the FA class is 'elite'. (I kinda disagree with that. Not very often a two top line players (Panarin, Duchene) a #1 dman (Karlsson) and a Vezina goalie (Bobrovsky) all hit free agency).
4. Gordon says the biggest issues that face the team are breakouts and play in the offensive zone (would assume based on other comments, he's concerned about the Flyers not getting to the net, which was a major problem under Hak).
I would not be shocked if the Panthers brought in both Panarin and Bob to South Florida. They have the money to spend and have a great coach.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be shocked if the Panthers brought in both Panarin and Bob to South Florida. They have the money to spend and have a great coach.
This brings us back to my question which i posted a week back. What do we do if we dont get any of the free agents we want like when we lost out on Taveras even though some people here had him penciled in for opening day at Wells Fargo.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Fletch is just saying its not an elite class to hold down salaries thrown at them and then we slide in the back door and steal one of them.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Fletch is just saying its not an elite class to hold down salaries thrown at them and then we slide in the back door and steal one of them.
I'm watching closely what the Sabres are doing about Jeff Skinner. They are trying to resign him, but he hasn't done so yet. He is a player I would love here.