• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft grades from the talking heads

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far looks like everyone likes our draft aside from a few of the board regulars.

From Chad Reuter: A-

Analysis: The Commanders entered a new era with an excellent draft. Daniels could be an elite dual-threat playmaker if he becomes more efficient from the pocket. Newton is a force in the front four. Sainristil is a pain for opposing receivers to handle. Sinnott is an underappreciated receiving/blocking weapon. Coleman is a powerful guard/tackle. And McCaffrey is a reliable WR2 or WR3 option.
Washington did not have a fourth-round pick after moving up to the third in the Sam Howell trade with Seattle. It found a future starting linebacker in Magee, whose explosiveness was underappreciated while he was playing at Temple. Hampton possesses a nice combination of size and quickness, and it won’t be surprising if he plays as a rookie.

From Ryan Dunleavy: A

Analysis: The Commanders chose the Heisman-winning Daniels over Drake Maye at No. 2 overall. A failed effort to trade up for a first-rounder worked out: Newton is a first-round talent and Sainristil (only 5-foot-9) and Sinnott (fullback versatile) were two of many analysts’ favorite players.

From Chris Trapasso: A

GM Adam Peters began his tenure in Washington with a bang. Daniels, Newton, Sainristil, Sinnott, Coleman, McCaffrey. My word. Those are all plus athletes with clean film who excel in their specific roles. Magee is a bendy off-ball linebacker with serious juice, and Hampton, while older, has as much athletic prowess as anyone in the class.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far looks like everyone likes our draft aside from a few of the board regulars.

From Chad Reuter: A-

From Ryan Dunleavy: A

From Chris Trapasso: A
From Mel Kiper Jr: A-
The Commanders have undergone a total reset of their franchise over the past year, with a new owner (Josh Harris), general manager (Adam Peters) and coach (Dan Quinn). Peters, who had been in the 49ers’ front office since 2017, had some capital to work with in this draft, with six picks on the first two days.
The first step, though? Picking a quarterback. With 2023 starter Sam Howell traded to Seattle, Washington had its choice of Jayden Daniels, Drake Maye and J.J. McCarthy at No. 2 overall. In my rankings, I had Daniels at No. 2, slightly ahead of Maye — No. 6 — with McCarthy nine spots later. In the end, the Commanders went with Daniels, a dual-threat playmaker who won the Heisman Trophy last season, and it was the right call. While he won’t have quite the level of pass-catchers around him as Caleb Williams, Daniels has a true No. 1 in Terry McLaurin and a solid No. 2 in Jahan Dotson. Daniels is going to thrive in Kliff Kingsbury’s wide-open offense and put up some massive numbers.
I wrote on Friday night about Washington’s Day 2 haul, which is talented and deep. Taking defensive tackle Jer’Zhan Newton (36) is an example of the best-available-prospect approach; he has Pro Bowl upside as an interior pass-rusher. Mike Sainristil (50) is a really fun slot corner who can pick off passes and blitz off the edge. Tight end Ben Sinnott (53) can be an outlet for Daniels and upgrade as a run-blocker. Brandon Coleman (67) is a guard/tackle hybrid who could play early. And while I had other available receivers rated higher than Luke McCaffrey (100), the former quarterback turned heads with his contested-catch ability last season. Of the Day 3 fliers, I give linebacker Jordan Magee (139) the best chance to make the team because of his speed and size.
I really like this class overall, and whether it goes from great to amazing could hinge on Coleman becoming a starter. If he does and Daniels is a star, this could set the foundation for the Commanders returning to the playoffs — in a couple of years.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave us a B. Confused at the Newton pick at first but if he takes snaps at DE could be a nasty dline. If Coleman can start at LT and plays well that upgrades the draft. CB from Mich is a solid nickel. I thought Sinott and McCaffery were taken too high, but I see why they went for those two positions.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave us a B. Confused at the Newton pick at first but if he takes snaps at DE could be a nasty dline. If Coleman can start at LT and plays well that upgrades the draft. CB from Mich is a solid nickel. I thought Sinott and McCaffery were taken too high, but I see why they went for those two positions.

Coleman will not be starting at LT. I want to clear that up now…not week 1.

If Sinistrail were 6’, he would have been the number one corner in the class.

I agree with Sinnott and McCaffery being talen too high. Why do you believe that though? Is this your evaluation or the pundits?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman will not be starting at LT. I want to clear that up now…not week 1.

If Sinistrail were 6’, he would have been the number one corner in the class.

I agree with Sinnott and McCaffery being talen too high. Why do you believe that though? Is this your evaluation or the pundits?

both on Sinnott and MCaffery. Peters said Coleman is an OT. No problem with the Sinistrail pick after we passed on Kool Aide. Kool aide is a press man CB and I thought that is exactly what DQ wanted. It was a talent and scheme fit.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both on Sinnott and MCaffery. Peters said Coleman is an OT. No problem with the Sinistrail pick after we passed on Kool Aide. Kool aide is a press man CB and I thought that is exactly what DQ wanted. It was a talent and scheme fit.

I am telling you…Coleman will start week 1 at LT. Coleman has the athletic traits and length to be a LT…just not week 1.

I do believe Sinnott was overdrafted. McCaffery has grown on me at that draft position. He was not a WR until two years ago and became extremely productive in that short time.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am telling you…Coleman will start week 1 at LT. Coleman has the athletic traits and length to be a LT…just not week 1.

I do believe Sinnott was overdrafted. McCaffery has grown on me at that draft position. He was not a WR until two years ago and became extremely productive in that short time.
i read mccarrefry started out as a db.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol. you said in your first sentence that he will start week 1 then you say he will not start week 1.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sinnot in the mocks i participated went in round 2 a lot

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i give us a solid B . JD was a good pick , fig newton was a BPA pick , coleman is a OG and a good one , mac is a good wr , sinnot will be starter the others had good athletic grades