• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if 4/16/24?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12. Bo Nix
76. T’Vondre Sweat

Sweat has some off field things going on, might slip. This would be a great start to the draft imo​

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be happy with these two. Wish we could move down a bit for Nix but also knowing if you REALLY love a QB you don't want to risk that.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd freak out.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the combo with tweaks but, I'm not SP.. Nix is such obvious flavor of the month I'll still be shocked if we actually draft him we'll see.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You volunteering to be diddled?
Jim Carrey No GIF

• Love
Reactions: LGM

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A show of dicks for Nix !!!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be our best case scenario. Sweat is a one man wrecking crew

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I don't even care what pick we use on Nix or McCarthy .. If Sean Payton sees something in Nix, go for it ... I'd be happy .. It would at the very least guarantee and interesting and eventful 2024 season .... Something to watch ...

Nix is definitely a gamer and he'd be the easiest QB to root for .... After trying everything imaginable to root for Joe Flacco, Teddy Bridgewater, Trevor Siemian, etc, seeing Nix on the field giving everything he's got would be a hurricane of fresh air .... It was even hard to root for Russ - a glossy celebrity athlete whose "always say the right things" schtick became tiresome because it was so scripted ...

Just get Nix, he won me over which is next to impossible

... and Sweat ... a DWI within two weeks of the draft is really irresponsible .. even self destructive .. That's the kind of thing that only the Bronco decision makers can gauge .. You would hope that Sweat is man enough to take a negative in life and use it as a turning point .... A third rounder for his on field presence would be fantastic, but I'd leave the character evaluation on this to the Broncs ..

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a 24 2nd by moving down if we can.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a 24 2nd by moving down if we can.
QBs drop every year .. some freefall ... Paul, you think Nix is one that falls ??

Taking on/drafting a new QB is a huge deal to an organization ... I can't see Sean Payton as a decision maker who just "kinda likes" a QB .. maybe for a day 3 pick, but if he sees starting potential in Nix, does Payton allow Nix to be exposed to a full round and a half after what happened with Mahomes and KC trading up one spot before the Saints ?

I think there is a possibility that something unexpected and surprising happens .. We could trade down as you say - which is prudent and understandable - and if Nix is there in round 2, we take him .. but what if Payton likes Zach Wilson, and has a contingency plan in place of sending a 5th or 6th to the Jets if Nix gets nick'd before we can take him ??

Is Sean Payton willing to go with Plan B and a Day 3 pick QB or Wilson, but have a great draft thru the second round ?? ...

Not landing Nix, but drafting a impact guy like Edgerrin Cooper or Xavier Worthy ( Cooks was great with NO ) and picking up Spencer Rattler or Zach Wilson ??

I'm torn on how I'd feel

Last edited:

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I don't even care what pick we use on Nix or McCarthy .. If Sean Payton sees something in Nix, go for it ... I'd be happy .. It would at the very least guarantee and interesting and eventful 2024 season .... Something to watch ...

Nix is definitely a gamer and he'd be the easiest QB to root for .... After trying everything imaginable to root for Joe Flacco, Teddy Bridgewater, Trevor Siemian, etc, seeing Nix on the field giving everything he's got would be a hurricane of fresh air .... It was even hard to root for Russ - a glossy celebrity athlete whose "always say the right things" schtick became tiresome because it was so scripted ...

Just get Nix, he won me over which is next to impossible

... and Sweat ... a DWI within two weeks of the draft is really irresponsible .. even self destructive .. That's the kind of thing that only the Bronco decision makers can gauge .. You would hope that Sweat is man enough to take a negative in life and use it as a turning point .... A third rounder for his on field presence would be fantastic, but I'd leave the character evaluation on this to the Broncs ..
Not only the DWI for Sweat but it happened after he has had to address his lifestyle issues (apparently dude likes to party) with teams at the combine and elsewhere. Pretty big red flag IMO but dud has all the physical talent in the world.