• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WCQF G1 Kings @ Oilers 4/22/24

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings got Oilers fans to toss $40 hats on the ice. Couple more games like that and the economy will pick up

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched some highlights again, wow was the Dunno line abused all night. That was supposed to be the McJesus match up and it failed big time.

Time to see what Jill does for adjustments or if he pulls a McLellan. I also think Rittich should get G2, Talbot let in some questionable goals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mistaken. Final stat showed Edmonton Power Play was 3 of 4, so they were actually able to improve on their normal, lowly, 46% rate they had against the Kings the last two years in the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings got Oilers fans to toss $40 hats on the ice. Couple more games like that and the economy will pick up

Sounds like their government is in the same cabal as ours, so their economy isn't going to recover, no matter how hat sales go. haha. As we just approved another $95 billion in monopoly money for "Foreign Aid" this weekend.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched some highlights again, wow was the Dunno line abused all night. That was supposed to be the McJesus match up and it failed big time.

Time to see what Jill does for adjustments or if he pulls a McLellan. I also think Rittich should get G2, Talbot let in some questionable goals.

You know me. Not the biggest Talbot guy. Seems okay, but just doesn't feel like anything special on any level. Appears stuck in mud a lot of the time, but positionally he's okay. Weak glove hand. But all LA goaltending has been bad for a few years. Korpisalo was actually pretty good, but once Edmonton figured him out glove side, it was over. That backbreaking Evander Kane goal late in of those Playoff games was the beginning of the end.

I feel like I agree. Go Rittich for Game 2. Go back to Talbot Game 3. Also ties into I think Talbot only ever got one day of rest there. Rittich one game that final week, but Talbot played 3 of 4.

Anyway, it is what it is. Hoping for some response from LA. Put some tests on Stewart Skinner and see what happens. McDavid had 5 assists I think by the way. Would it be insane to try to put Byfield on him? His bar is to not let McDavid get 5 assists. Byfield not really scoring anyway, so maybe try that. And the obvious mismatch would be that PLD-Fiala line needing to take over because the top 2 lines have their hands beyond full.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still say put the fastest/best skaters on McJesus I just hope to disrupt him.... More than try to score against him. I think if you do that.The rest of the team will get the points on the board.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They HAVE to stop that top 5, at least contain. I know we rip on McJesus, but when you watch him it's amazing how good of a player he is. I could do without the bitchboyness, but would love that dude in LA. He really is a magician.

If the Kings cannot at least contain those 5, they're in serious trouble. Ekholm didn't even get a point last night but is part of that unit. Great pick up.

Meanwhile Bowlby....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watching some recaps on the game. Bouchard 4 assists and McDavid 5 assists. Oilers 3/4 on the power play. Oilers with 15 shots in each period.

Aside from the score, that's just such dominance. You ever watch Bouchard play "Defense"? I guess that's the crazy part to me. He's just a 4th forward out there, and he looks amazing against the Kings. If you can somehow make that guy and the other Oilers defend, it's just a different game.

It was all so bad that I got a weird feeling Kings win tonight in Game 2. Maybe wishful thinking, but they lost so bad pride has to takeover at some point.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a statement win by Edmonton, they controlled the entire game essentially from puck drop and the Kings just looked out matched off the bat.

I'm also thinking they get the win tonight, I don't think it was going to be a sweep. But I also hope the Kings come out and make a statement of their own because G1 was an utter embarrassment.