• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial '2015 Tennessee Volunteers' Football Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Healthy and more athletic defense creating smiles

Tennessee defensive coordinator John Jancek has plenty to be smiling about these days. He's just coming back off vacation. His son, Zac is joining the program as a walk-on quarterback. Practice is just days away and Jancek will be fielding his most complete defense in his time at Tennessee.

"I think the biggest thing is we have improved our overall speed on defense from the d-line, to linebacker, to the secondary," Jancek said of the growth of his unit. "I think we have guys who are in position that are able to run and make plays for us. And we have a good mix of veteran players that have been in the system now for a couple of years and are really helping the young guys catch on. I do see our overall speed and athleticism improving. I think we really addressed some size issues especially on the defensive line in the interior. I'm excited to see what those guys can do."

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"His plight is disgraceful. Butch Jones is telling folks behind the scenes that Pearson will be back once this clears up. Tennessee expects nothing to come of it. My police sources tell me nothing will come of this. So, what's the rub? And why do we know about this even though he hasn't been charged."
-Tony Basilio