• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SpiritOf77 How about them Penguins????
The Pens have played in some great games this season, but that win vs TB was probably the game of the year ... The crowd was in full playoff made

And is it nuts to say that Bunting is better for this team than Guentzel ??? .... I think he's just what this team needed .. Bunting is like the most rabid fan who's out there playing on pure emotion

Bunting, three prospects and at worst, a second round pick for Guentzel ... Great job by Dubas

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens have played in some great games this season, but that win vs TB was probably the game of the year ... The crowd was in full playoff made

And is it nuts to say that Bunting is better for this team than Guentzel ??? .... I think he's just what this team needed .. Bunting is like the most rabid fan who's out there playing on pure emotion

Bunting, three prospects and at worst, a second round pick for Guentzel ... Great job by Dubas

Bunting does different things then Guentzel. Hard to say he is better for us then Guentzel, IMO. In Crosby's 19 year career Guentzel was no doubt his best goal scorer on the same line as him. Hard to replace that. However, he was a nice add to the trade. Trade will really come down to how the 3 prospects turn out and not Bunting, IMO. Bunting has been good for Pittsburgh, maybe not as mind blowing as you make him out to be. ;) This trade is to be determined. Either way good chance you lose Guentzel for nothing at the end of the season so you have to make a trade, IMO especially at the time of the deadline because Pittsburgh was playing their worst hockey then.

I REALLY like Jack St. Ivany. Impressed with how smart he plays for how young and inexperienced he is.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your take on the offseasonn @SpiritOf77 .. We need to get younger while still keeping a shot at the cup open for Crosby. It is going to be an interesting situation for Dubas. I think as this season has done on we have discovered some of our young players are going to be able to help keep us competitive, younger and with Crosby. O'Connor, Puus, St. Ivanay, Joseph etc.

I think we probably need to move on from guys like Jeff Carter, Reilly Smith (wasn't anywhere close to what we have hoped for) to get a bit younger.

Guys like Lars Eller could come back on another one year deal.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunting does different things then Guentzel. Hard to say he is better for us then Guentzel, IMO. In Crosby's 19 year career Guentzel was no doubt his best goal scorer on the same line as him. Hard to replace that. However, he was a nice add to the trade. Trade will really come down to how the 3 prospects turn out and not Bunting, IMO. Bunting has been good for Pittsburgh, maybe not as mind blowing as you make him out to be. ;) This trade is to be determined. Either way good chance you lose Guentzel for nothing at the end of the season so you have to make a trade, IMO especially at the time of the deadline because Pittsburgh was playing their worst hockey then.

I REALLY like Jack St. Ivany. Impressed with how smart he plays for how young and inexperienced he is.
I'm a bit biased about the trade because it has opened up opportunities for Drew O'Connor to play with Sid .. O'Connor grew up 10 minutes from me, and I've always been a fan - so it's great to see him with Sid .. and Sid has really been on a tear as of late, so I think it's worked out better than expected ..

And I agree with you on St Lvany .. he's what the Pens need at this point - some young blood and a guy who you look to as part of the future

On the other hand, Jeff Carter seems to be the posterboy for languishing in the past .. He's definitely not the guy who was a part of the LA Kings teams years ago - he had a lapse last night that lead to a TB goal that gave TB a ton of momentum .... I'm usually fine with some older vets staying around for their presence or experience, but we have plenty of that already .. but the team wasn't really leaning on him and he is what he is at this point ..

Ryan Graves has been, to me, the biggest disappointment .. I know he's been paired with St Ivany, and you gotta love St Ivany's success and how he's looked, but I don't think that has much to do with Graves ... I liked the Graves signing, but geesh, he really hasn't done much to stand out ..

When the trade happened, I thought we'd get to see Vasili Ponomaryov because he's played in a few NHL games w/ Carolina ... but this run has changed that ..

But among the prospects, the guy I have the highest hopes for from that trade is Ville Koivunen .. He probably wasn't coming up anytime soon, but some of the clips I've watched, he really looks like a natural on the ice

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired Work GIF by Pudgy Penguins

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Cubs!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into Totality in 7 minutes -

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 minutes to Totality - pretty dark now

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - that's it - totally dark - I'm scarred.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice and quiet though