• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread

How Far Will the Philadelphia Eagles Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So far:

The Seattle Seahawks Thread - SB Winner

The Denver Broncos Thread - Lost to SB Winner

The San Francisco 49ers Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The New England Patriots Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup

The New Orleans Saints Thread - Lost to SB Winner

The San Diego Chargers Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup

The Carolina Panthers Thread - Lost to NFCC Runnerup

The Indianapolis Colts Thread - Lost to the AFCC Runnerup.

The Green Bay Packers Thread - Lost to the NFCC Runnerup.

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread - SB Winner beat the Saints who beat the Eagles.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division is up for grabs. As usual.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say they miss the playoffs and McNabb becomes a Pats fan

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im kinda 50/50 on them making the playoffs. I have the sneaking suspicion that the Giants will take the East this year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This division is up for grabs. As usual.

I still believe the Eagles win it again this season but,

I think if the Skins stay healthy, they could make things very interesting......

On offense they will not miss a beat with Jax gone, there still stacked at the wide out spot, plus getting Maclin back and Benn also missed the season cause of knee injury. TE spot is solid with Celek and Ertz, and the OL is turning into one of the best lines in the league. There backfield is loaded and should be talked about as one of the best. With McCoy and Sproles then a young man by the name of Chris Polk. The first two are your slash type runners while Polk can come in and get the tough yards, but can also be a decoy on 3 and short as his hands out of the backfield is excellent as a receiver...

Defense will again be the the thing that moves this team forward or they regress. They got tough at the right moment last season propelling the Iggles into the playoffs, if they can continue to grow as a unit this could make my Eagles a serious darkhorse in the playoffs....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if the Skins stay healthy, they could make things very interesting......

On offense they will not miss a beat with Jax gone, there still stacked at the wide out spot, plus getting Maclin back and Benn also missed the season cause of knee injury. TE spot is solid with Celek and Ertz, and the OL is turning into one of the best lines in the league. There backfield is loaded and should be talked about as one of the best. With McCoy and Sproles then a young man by the name of Chris Polk. The first two are your slash type runners while Polk can come in and get the tough yards, but can also be a decoy on 3 and short as his hands out of the backfield is excellent as a receiver...

Defense will again be the the thing that moves this team forward or they regress. They got tough at the right moment last season propelling the Iggles into the playoffs, if they can continue to grow as a unit this could make my Eagles a serious darkhorse in the playoffs....

there isn't a team in the east that plays good defense but they all with health have offenses that can put points on the scoreboard. Each game between these teams may come down to turnovers. I can't see a clear favorite with any team. I'll go GMen if I had to pick a team

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there isn't a team in the east that plays good defense but they all with health have offenses that can put points on the scoreboard. Each game between these teams may come down to turnovers. I can't see a clear favorite with any team. I'll go GMen if I had to pick a team

Agreed. Tho I'd go eagles and gnats in a dead heat til the end for the division title.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to repeat in the NFCEast.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Safe bet. WHen in doubt, go with the team that is making the least noise in the offseason. They are the team most focused.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe bet. WHen in doubt, go with the team that is making the least noise in the offseason. They are the team most focused.

True but:

Did they address enough to the Oline? Little Manning was under constant pressure all season, the running game never lived up to Giants bloodline. Then there is there defense, secondary was worse then Philly's at times, plus there LB core would get taken out on blocking from opposing offenses...

The Skins are what worry me, I think Jay Gruden is gonna be great in DC, if he can these two big rookie OL in that line this year, and they can have a decent running game attack, there offense could be very good.
There defense had it's moments last season, new system being brought in, usually takes an adjustment period, if they come out the stretch hot, it could be very interesting...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but:

Did they address enough to the Oline? Little Manning was under constant pressure all season, the running game never lived up to Giants bloodline. Then there is there defense, secondary was worse then Philly's at times, plus there LB core would get taken out on blocking from opposing offenses...

The Skins are what worry me, I think Jay Gruden is gonna be great in DC, if he can these two big rookie OL in that line this year, and they can have a decent running game attack, there offense could be very good.
There defense had it's moments last season, new system being brought in, usually takes an adjustment period, if they come out the stretch hot, it could be very interesting

Think it will take some time to gel with a new coach and system, but if it miraculously comes together, could be a threat. Very skeptical about our D, we kept Haz after all, but there's no way our STs could show any worse than they did last year. Can you say historically pathetic. I had to cover my eyes when they took the field. That's what a BS cap penalty will do to depth. F Mara. STs alone were responsible for at min 3 losses last year. I'm expecting a split w/ division games and at least 3 wins outside. Anything else would be gravy.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know this with what? A wish? How will the Eagles replace 82 receptions, 1,330+ yds and 9 tds with the number of explosive plays and drawing the FS to his side?

The Eagles don't have a deep threat and you must be counting on a rookie in Mathews to make a huge contribution which is an unknown. You must be counting on Maclin to make a serious contribution, which is still an unknown and he's possession, anyway. You must be counting on a 40+ catch Riley Cooper to thrive without DJax pulling the safety. 40 catches isn't much.

Sorry big guy, DJax will be missed big time. Not only that but it will allow for more 8 man boxes for Shady and Sproles.

Add in a much more difficult schedule with the NFCW for 4 along with Carolina and GB with a Healthy ARodgers and Philly will likely go 1-5 vs those 6 teams. 8-8 should win the division means anyone can take it.

(Un)

Naturally Striped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this with what? A wish? How will the Eagles replace 82 receptions, 1,330+ yds and 9 tds with the number of explosive plays and drawing the FS to his side?

The Eagles don't have a deep threat and you must be counting on a rookie in Mathews to make a huge contribution which is an unknown. You must be counting on Maclin to make a serious contribution, which is still an unknown and he's possession, anyway. You must be counting on a 40+ catch Riley Cooper to thrive without DJax pulling the safety. 40 catches isn't much.

Sorry big guy, DJax will be missed big time. Not only that but it will allow for more 8 man boxes for Shady and Sproles.

Add in a much more difficult schedule with the NFCW for 4 along with Carolina and GB with a Healthy ARodgers and Philly will likely go 1-5 vs those 6 teams. 8-8 should win the division means anyone can take it.

To be able to answer that you'd of had to have watched how Chip Kelly utilized DeSean Jackson and have followed the progression of the offense throughout 2013.

As the season wore on DeSean Jackson ran less go-routes and was more heavily used in motion and end-around play action. A typical would play would look something like this:

- DeSean Jackson would line up on the right side of the field, Nick Foles in shotgun with LeSean McCoy to his left (or mirror-image, they used both)
- when the ball is snapped LeSean would cross in front of Foles for playaction and continue towards the right side of the field
- DeSean would run behind the pocket on an end-around and continue up the left side of the field

There's not enough time for DeSean to get deep down the field on those kinds of plays. The intent was to send the team's two best space players into opposite ends of the field, as well as maintain a running threat, ultimately putting as much stress on the defense as they could.

You don't need a 4.3 deepthreats to make that work. You just need space players.

Not to mention we'd all be crazy if we think Chip Kelly is going to run the exact same offense in 2014.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are clearly the best team in the East imo.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles is anything close to what he was last year, that team is going to be a beast in the NFC. Potential to be the top offense in the conference.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle, @Green Bay, @San Francisco, @Indianapolis: Win 1.
Jacksonville, @Houston, Tennessee, St. Louis: Win 3.
New York, Washington, Dallas, @New York, @Washington, @Dallas: Win 4. (Sweep one)
Carolina, @Arizona: Win 1.

9-7.

My guess is 10-6, but who knows? Could be worse. I'd be sort of surprised at 11-5 because I think New York will better this year and Washington can't be worse. Not sure how they fared against those two last year.