• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The New England Patriots Thread

How Far Will the Patriots Go in 2014?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady will...

Throw for _____ yards.
Throw __ touchdowns.
Throw __ interceptions.
Rush for ___ yards and _ touchdowns.
Complete ____% of his passes.

The leading receiver (any position) will be: ___________. Yards? _____ TDs caught? __

The leading running back will be: ___________________. Yards? Rushing TDs.

Defensive Yards Allowed: ____ per game.
Defensive Points Allowed: ____ per game.
Interceptions: ___

Team Record: ___-__

Denver at Home: W/L
Against the Jets: Win Both, Lose Both, Split (Don't care, but will: ___)

How will the receivers do in their second year?

How many games will Gronkowski play?

(Just for the heck of it) Will Mallet ever be traded? If so, when and for what?

Biggest surprise?

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just throw some numbers out.
I think Brady will have the type of stats he had back during the first part of his career and with a higher completion %.
There defense will be top 5 in points allowed and top 7 in yards allowed.
Team record: 12-4
Beat Denver
Sweep the jets; one blow out and one close
I think Gronk plays 11 regseason games straight after coming back from injury and also plays in the post season.

Separate from all of this; I think they can either miss the playoffs or make it to the super bowl. To early to tell.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14-2 going to AFCCG against Denver.
Much improved defense easily top 5
receivers average but options all over the field
running game more consistent with backs catching passes
Mallet is Brady's backup and will take over for Brady unless Garapolo shines and Brady plays well. If Brady plays a couple more years and Garapolo shines, Mallett gets traded
Biggest surprise? Offense gels and Pats win SB.....

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are really the only team I see that can straight up beat the Broncos in the AFC. If that secondary is healthy and gels, it will be very good. Possibly good enough to slow down Peyton. And we all know that the Patriots' offense will be a machine as always. No matter how they do it from week to week, passing or rushing, they will be prolific. Brady will be Brady. This is a 12+ win team, and will battle Denver for the #1 seed in the AFC.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots will look like the best team in football at times if they get healthy. Not so sure the interior of their oline is good enough and history will repeat itself as they lose to a team in the Super Bowl that can move Brady around

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady will...

Throw for __4200___ yards.
Throw _30_ touchdowns.
Throw _14_ interceptions.
Rush for __0_ yards and _o touchdowns.
Complete __67__% of his passes.

The leading receiver (any position) will be: ____Edelman_______. Yards? __1050___ TDs caught? _8_

The leading running back will be: ________Ridley___________. Yards? 1100 Rushing TDs. 10

Defensive Yards Allowed: __300__ per game.
Defensive Points Allowed: _22___ per game.
Interceptions: __16_

Team Record: __11_-_5_

Denver at Home: W/L Loss
Against the Jets: Win Both, Lose Both, Split (Don't care, but will: _Win Both__)

How will the receivers do in their second year? One will emerge as a consistent target while the rest will fall short and will be lucky to make the team.

How many games will Gronkowski play? 10

(Just for the heck of it) Will Mallet ever be traded? If so, when and for what? Mallet will not be traded as the best chance they had was before the Draft. Now with teams already in OTA's they missed their window. He will walk at the end of the year for an opportunity to start.

Biggest surprise? Tom Brady and his boy band produce their first album but only about 10,000 copies are sold and his wife bought 5,000 of them as she loves blond Tom.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady will...

Throw for __4800___ yards.
Throw _46_ touchdowns.
Throw _10_ interceptions.
Rush for _22__ yards and 4_ touchdowns.
Complete __66__% of his passes.

The leading receiver (any position) will be: _____Edleman______. Yards? _1200____ TDs caught? _11_

The leading running back will be: ____Ridley_______________. Yards? 900 Rushing TDs. 9

Defensive Yards Allowed: __208__ per game.
Defensive Points Allowed: _15___ per game.
Interceptions: _14__

Team Record: _14__-_2_

Denver at Home: W/L It's in November at night...Patriots win 34-17
Against the Jets: Win Both, Lose Both, Split (Don't care, but will: ___)Win Both

How will the receivers do in their second year? They'll be improved but Edleman, Amendola and LaFell will be all the Pats really need.

How many games will Gronkowski play? 14

(Just for the heck of it) Will Mallet ever be traded? If so, when and for what? No

Biggest surprise? Dominic Easly will be a ROY candidate.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't all rookies candidates for ROY awards?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed it, but what would make someone think the Pats D would even make the top 10?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed it, but what would make someone think the Pats D would even make the top 10?

Well according to BigKen the Patriots are about to not just have a top 5 defense but to have a historic defense on the level or even better than that of Seattle last year. In yards per game they blow Seattle's defense of last year out of the water. Points per game they are right there with some of the best of all-time. Now there is being a homer and just being bat crazy. There is a reason those kind of defenses are called historic and that not many teams get to join that elite club. I would love to know how in the world he came up with those kind of numbers considering we haven't seen them in years in the NFL and especially with this high flying passing offenses of today the whole only averaging 208 yards per game is just about impossible. I mean even the worst offense in the NFL last season averaged about 70 yards more per game than that so unless New England is playing the worst offense in the NFL week in and week out that is a prediction that just won't happen unless God Himself decides to play MLB for the Patriots and strikes down every quarterback with lightning bolts just about as soon as they snap the ball.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw for 4,500 yards.
Throw 27 touchdowns.
Throw 11 interceptions.
Rush for 0 yards and 0 touchdowns.
Complete 61.5% of his passes.

The leading receiver (any position) will be: Edelman Yards: 1,050 TDs caught: 8

The leading running back will be: Ridley Yards: 850 Rushing TDs. 6

Defensive Yards Allowed: 350 per game.
Defensive Points Allowed: 23 per game.
Interceptions: 17

Team Record: 10-6

Denver at Home: Lose
Against the Jets: Split (Win at home, lose on the road)

How will the receivers do in their second year? Slight improvement, nothing major

How many games will Gronkowski play? 12

(Just for the heck of it) Will Mallet ever be traded? If so, when and for what? No, he'll walk at the end of the season

Biggest surprise? Losing on the road to San Diego

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finish 19-0
Brady does what he does EVERY year
Defense gets even better when ed reed joins them

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cdumler, I was just about to comment on Big Ken being a big homer but then vegas above takes the trophy!

I think we can all expect the Pats to be solid again. I have always envied Revis being on the Jets so I'm hoping he pans out. The NFL is so awesome just because nothing can be predicted. On that day, no way could your Broncs have beaten Seattle. Played the very next week, they could have won handily as Russell tosses four pics...you just can't tell till they play the game.

I see no need to go out on limbs and predict shit. I hope Brady stays healthy, things gel at the right time and they win it all again. I sure as hell won't predict that though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cdumler, I was just about to comment on Big Ken being a big homer but then vegas above takes the trophy!

I think we can all expect the Pats to be solid again. I have always envied Revis being on the Jets so I'm hoping he pans out. The NFL is so awesome just because nothing can be predicted. On that day, no way could your Broncs have beaten Seattle. Played the very next week, they could have won handily as Russell tosses four pics...you just can't tell till they play the game.

I see no need to go out on limbs and predict shit. I hope Brady stays healthy, things gel at the right time and they win it all again. I sure as hell won't predict that though.

Haha what in the world is going on over in the Boston area that has these Pats fans thinking not only of winning the Super Bowl but doing it in a way that will be talked about for the next 50 years? No I understand every fan base has a few fans that can't seem to look past their homer glasses and see reality. I know of a few Bronco fans that I have talked to that even I get uncomfortable with how good they think the Broncos will be this year.

All in all I do think the AFC is going to be a 2-team race with the Pats and Broncos (of course injuries could change that as both teams were just destroyed by them last year). Should be a fun year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady will...

Throw for _4400_ yards.
Throw _42_ touchdowns.
Throw _11_ interceptions.
Rush for _6_ yards and _2_ touchdowns and _4 First Downs.
Complete _69_% of his passes.

The leading receiver (any position) will be: Julien Edelman. Yards? 1100 TDs caught? 13

The leading running back will be: Steven Ridley. Yards? 975 Rushing TDs. 8

Defensive Yards Allowed: 200 per game.
Defensive Points Allowed: 15 per game.
Interceptions: _22_ Revis gets largely ignored but gets his 3-4 every other time a ball comes his way. Browner, Dennard, Arrington, Harmon get 5-6, McCourty gets 12-13.

Team Record: _15_-_1_

Denver at Home: W/L
Against the Jets: Win Both, Lose Both, Split (Don't care, but will: ___) One decent, solid win and one blowout, buttfumble style win.

How will the receivers do in their second year? Outfrickinstanding

How many games will Gronkowski play? 16, missing the first 3

(Just for the heck of it) Will Mallet ever be traded?No If so, when and for what? He will have an impressive preseason and be resigned for a team friendly price for 3 years, another headscratcher.

Biggest surprise? Dominique Easley for Rookie Defensive player of the year.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this though cdumler. I read recently a Bronc fan trying to state that another SB for Peyton would be nothing more than icing on the cake.

That's a big cop-out. Manning's status would have been immeasurably improved with having won a second ring last year. It's exactly the same for Brady. Sure, both of them will be seen as greats anyway but if Brady was to sandwich those two losses with a forth ring, it would be similarly immeasurable in how it would advance his legacy.

They could both badly use another.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this though cdumler. I read recently a Bronc fan trying to state that another SB for Peyton would be nothing more than icing on the cake.

That's a big cop-out. Manning's status would have been immeasurably improved with having won a second ring last year. It's exactly the same for Brady. Sure, both of them will be seen as greats anyway but if Brady was to sandwich those two losses with a forth ring, it would be similarly immeasurable in how it would advance his legacy.

I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying here. I do think Manning needs another one more than Brady at this point to really secure his legacy all the more but if either of them were to win another they would easily be in the top-3 talk more than they already are for all-time quarterbacks. At this point Manning is still just the best regular season quarterback of all-time (although I guess you could argue Marino deserves that title as well). Brady has for the most part the rings needed. The problem for him is he did it so early in his career that people seem to forget how good he and the Patriots were 10 years ago. This is a league of what have you done for me lately and unfortunately our 2 quarterbacks have not been quite able to close out the big game. Hopefully this year one of our two guys is hoisting the trophy.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm the one who used the phrase "icing on the cake" but you are using it in the wrong context. I was referring to the question on whether or not Peyton Manning would retire if the Broncos won the Superbowl this coming season. I simply said that as long as he can play, he will continue to play and that the Superbowl victory would be icing on the cake regarding that topic alone.

Everyone knows that Peyton Manning's legacy could use a Superbowl victory boost. One ring doesn't go very far when debating greatest of all time. He's gonna try like hell to get his 2nd ring but time is running out!

2014 still looks like a race between New England and Denver to me but there are always those surprise teams that come out of nowhere. Can't wait to get some football going!