• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Miami Dolphins Thread

How Far Will the Miami Dolphins Go in 2014?

• Win the Super Bowl.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Super Bowl.

• Lose in the AFCC.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every three days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others.Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

So far:

The Seattle Seahawks Thread - SB Winner.

The Denver Broncos Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Francisco 49ers Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The New England Patriots Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The New Orleans Saints Thread - Lost to SB Winner.

The San Diego Chargers Thread - Lost to SB Runnerup.

The Carolina Panthers Thread - Lost to NFCC Runnerup.

The Indianapolis Colts Thread - Lost to the AFCC Runnerup.

The Green Bay Packers Thread - Lost to the NFCC Runnerup.

The Philadelphia Eagles Thread - SB Winner beat the Saints who beat the Eagles.

The Kansas City Chiefs Thread - SB Runnerup beat the Colts who beat the Chiefs.

The Cincinnati Bengals Thread - AFC Runnerup Beat the Chargers who beat the Bengals.

The Arizona Cardinals Thread - Best Record for a Non-Playoff Team in a Hard Division.

The Pittsburgh Steelers Thread - Next Best Record, Controversially Missed the Playoffs.

The Chicago Bears Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Baltimore Ravens Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Dallas Cowboys Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

The Miami Dolphins Thread - Same Record as Above, Randomly Selected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we make the playoffs. I haven't been overly impressed with Tannehill. Plus, I don't think we got any better this offseason. I see Miami being a 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 team. I hope I am wrong and they go to the SB. I just am trying to be realistic.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we make the playoffs. I haven't been overly impressed with Tannehill. Plus, I don't think we got any better this offseason. I see Miami being a 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 team. I hope I am wrong and they go to the SB. I just am trying to be realistic.

This...

Like any new OC hiring... There are going to be some growing pains to installing a new offense. Tannehill has shown signs of why MIA invested the #8 pick in the 1st round of the '12 draft, but still struggles. Having a former QB coach as the new OC should help Tannehill's progression. Sticking with the offensive side of the ball, I (like many) have serious doubts as to whether Moreno is a starting RB. He may be an upgrade over Thomas & Miller, but not by much. He's definitely not as fast as those 2. I guess time will tell with that.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an optimistic fan. They can't possibly be as bad on the oline as last year which would be an improvement. I believe their depth is better across the board. Young players like Tanny should be better. But at the same time the NFL is tough you need some breaks if you are an up and coming team to make the playoffs so they could be easily in or out this year. In any case I like what they've done but we may not see this term at their best for another year...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could sure make a statement with that first game finfan!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIA is one of those teams that's just been under the radar the last decade or so...they made a big FA splash with Wallace, and Ellerbe...good players, but overpaid...after the OL blow up LY, they have to be on the mend as it couldn't get much lower. The DEF I like parts of it...DL/CBs should be solid...the young guy Jordan imo will be a bust as a 4-3 DE...just too light in the tail to handle a decent OT.

I like Tannehill even though I felt they took him way too high...he's an up & comer (clearly the 2nd best QB in the DIV imo) he won't be the reason they fail to make the playoffs...they have the deep guy, Hartline is solid, but who is the move the chains guy Tannehill can rely on? The schedule is not brutally tough but it's still hard to project much better than 8 wins, 9 top side.

That won't get in the playoffs this yr.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England, Green Bay, @Denver, @New England: Win 0 (1).
Buffalo, @Jacksonville, @Oakland, Minnesota: Win 4 (3).
Kansas City, San Diego, @Chicago, Baltimore: Win 2 (1).
New York, @Detroit, @New York, @Buffalo: Win 2 (3).

6-10 to 10-6.

Miami is difficult to guess, so I will say 8-8, but 1-2 games better or a game worse wouldn't surprise me.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England, Green Bay, @Denver, @New England: Win 0 (1).
Buffalo, @Jacksonville, @Oakland, Minnesota: Win 4 (3).
Kansas City, San Diego, @Chicago, Baltimore: Win 2 (1).
New York, @Detroit, @New York, @Buffalo: Win 2 (3).

6-10 to 10-6.

Miami is difficult to guess, so I will say 8-8, but 1-2 games better or a game worse wouldn't surprise me.

Agreed depends if they catch a few breaks along the way or they go against them. I believe that they'll improve but that may not be enough to win more games this season although I think they'll continue to make strides for the coming years. Oline so far has looked good even without Pouncey so that's good news...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a Cincinnati Bengals type of season for the Dolphins. Do well, get to the playoffs, exit. But my guess at the season start deadline is miss the playoffs. Could really see anything.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a Cincinnati Bengals type of season for the Dolphins. Do well, get to the playoffs, exit. But my guess at the season start deadline is miss the playoffs. Could really see anything.

Yep they truly are a wildcard team so to speak at this point we don't know enough. The new offense could make all the difference as Sherman was a boob. They could also experience growing pains but the D will be pretty good will be a good test Sunday. Can't wait! :suds: