• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SummerSlam thread

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give you the Summer Slam tweet of the night:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eva was suspended for violating the Wellness Policy.
Oh I know...
I was joking as her personal announcer said she's in the British Isles due to stress from the fans attacking her

Speaking of wellness violations, there's rumors about Sasha. She dropped the title and has been taken off the Raw schedule for 33 days

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wade Keller saying he doesn't think it's suspension related for what it's worth

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the fucktard that thought it a good idea to have Rusev-Reigns on Raw and then the rematch at the PPV not happen?

Dafuq kinda logic is that?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As on old bastard who was watching wrestling well before the first ever Summer Slam....

boy, WWF/E has had much better Summer Slams than this one.

And not really the fault of the talent. The writing and booking was just so damn mind-boggling!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The ending of the Lesnar match was unsettling. Not a technical wrestling masterpiece but gave Brock some of the heat back he lost with the UFC debacle.

He's also gone from tweener to true heel

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A weird show in a bunch of ways...

Hometown Heroes and maybe the most over act on the roster open the show but lose to a tag team formed a couple weeks ago.

Sasha losing the belt suprised the hell out of me but it makes sense knowing she's off for the next month.

AJ/Cena tore the house down with 3 hours of wrestling left. A match that good between wrestlers with that much Marquee name value put the rest of the show in really tough spot. I don't recall that happening before.

The last two matches had strange finishes.

Definitely a strange show overall

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Cena/Styles, that was a shit PPV, especially by Summerslam standards. KO/Jericho vs Enzo and Cass was ok as was the women's title match, but the rest was just a mess. And to be fair, the Rollins/Balor match itself was fine but its hard to ignore that AWFUL belt. The fans rightly shit on it the entire time. But yeah, shit PPV. The whole thing had a weird vibe with no flow at all.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade Keller saying he doesn't think it's suspension related for what it's worth

Banks did get married to a WWE costume designer recently. Maybe she's getting time off for a honeymoon. WWE has done that with its people in the past

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Banks did get married to a WWE costume designer recently. Maybe she's getting time off for a honeymoon. WWE has done that with its people in the past
It's possible. Over a full month off for a honeymoon is very generous for any company let alone the WWE but if sheet guys are saying it isn't suspension related and she just got married it makes sense

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. Over a full month off for a honeymoon is very generous for any company let alone the WWE but if sheet guys are saying it isn't suspension related and she just got married it makes sense

If this is the case, this is just more proof that someone not named Vince McMahon is making decisions like this.

VKM would have never ever given someone 30 days off for a honeymoon. He would have told them they have a motel at the next show. They can consummate their marriage there.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If this is the case, this is just more proof that someone not named Vince McMahon is making decisions like this.

VKM would have never ever given someone 30 days off for a honeymoon. He would have told them they have a motel at the next show. They can consummate their marriage there.

Agreed. Doesn't sound very VKM like. Especially with someone in a prominent position like Sasha. I'm all for it though if that's the reason. They work a brutal schedule and deserve more time off

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Styles/Cena is definitely in the discussions for the best WWE match this year. I am an AJ "mark" so I loved everything about it including the finish. Gives AJ a ton of momentum.

The Brock/Orton match was great booking imo. Brock is back to feeling like an unstoppable force of nature. The suplex squash matches had become routine. They needed to do something to give him an edge back. Wonder if the TKO was Heyman's idea

Nothing else was bad but none of it lived up to my expectations. Finn/Rollins had a good match but with their collective talent I was expecting a showstealer. Maybe this is the start of the feud and the matches get better with time. It was good but underwhelming. The woman's title match was scary at points. I was too worried for Sasha's health to enjoy it. I am not a wrestling expert so I hate critiquing professionals this harshly but it looked really sloppy. I was relived when it ended and nobody was injured. They have to scale back on some of the high risk moves. Ziggler/Ambrose was solid but a total non-event. Rusev has so much talent. Wish he was used better

I'd give the show a C plus or a B minus but I was expecting an A.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 reports from Mike Johnson at PWInsider and they're both not good.

New WWE Universal champion Finn Balor was injured during his Summerslam match against Seth Rollins, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Sources indicate that Balor was sporting his right arm in a sling following the PPV. There is concern the injury is serious and could require surgery.

In watching back the bout, Balor was grabbing briefly at his right shoulder after being nailed with a small package driver and did not raise the arm (which was holding the Universal championship) after the match.

We are told Balor will be getting examined tomorrow and once WWE has a determination on exactly how serious the injury is, they will go from there. More as we get it.

Balor is slated to appear on Good Morning America tomorrow at 8 AM Eastern.

Sasha Banks dropping the WWE Women's championship to Charlotte was the planned result going into Summerslam.

We are told that the decision was made a week or so ago due to Banks being hurt and needing some time off to recuperate. PWInsider cannot confirm the nature of the injury at this time.

The title change was not a result of Banks being injured over the course of the match and was not the result of anything beyond Banks requiring a few weeks off to recover.

It can't be good for Sasha's long term status in the company that's she's hurt again after just coming back from an injury.

And if Balor is seriously hurt that's a giant blow to WWE and them wanting to push new stars. They made Balor into a legit top guy by having him beat one of the top stars in Seth Rollins and if he's hurt that sucks for him.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also from what I heard it sounds like the end of the Orton/Lesnar match wasn't planned to end at that time but because Orton was legit busted open and as bad as it was they stopped it. The match may have been scheduled to end in a TKO that we don't know yet but it wasn't meant to end the way it did.

So with a Sasha injury going into the match leading to her dropping the title, Finn Balor potentially seriously hurt, and a main event that ended way sooner than it was supposed too this could have been much much worse for WWE than what he actually saw.

I wouldn't consider them lucky because it's still a shitty turn of events but I guess they should be thankful it wasn't worse.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I dont get using these MMA terms during Lesnar matches. What other match ends in a TKO?

I watched clips all weekend of Bill Goldberg saying the ball is in WWE's court, he was leaving a 2K17 overseas and heading to New York. There must have been a final no given to have Shane in the ring instead of Goldberg at the end. Thats what fans want to see, Lesnar/Goldberg at wrestlemania.

The Ambrose/Ziggler match was just plain terrible. The WWE belt is headed to the preshow again. That spot outside where Ambrose got hit with a super kick, fell back to the barrier and then hoped up on it. He is gonna have to step it up again. Screaming fans are not enough. Looked like a cruiserweight match without the action.

I guess one of my favorite moments was watching the back of seth rollins head going hard to the turnbuckles, but then his small package suplex ends up injuring the guy he is working with again. But how is this universal title already being considered as a world title. is it the wwe universal world champion or world universal champion or champion of the universal world?

This two weeks off for Sasha is lame. World champs used to work once a month.

I guess I lucked out with my subscription ending today, at least got to see the Orton Lesnar match. Fell asleep the first hour though, missed the Banks and Charolette. Carmella is a real cute little thing though. Nikki's new finisher is not too bad, just looks like she is doing it over the wrong shoulder, but I guess lining up like an AA is too much facing the girl the same way.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......and I dont know what happened with the US Title match, other than Rusev getting his honeymoon with Lana too if Sasha got hers too. I just cannot see what the deal with a superstar missing a few weeks even if they hold a belt. I do know what Roman did would have been a great way to have done his heel turn last year.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ/Cena was good, despite the constant spamming of finishers. Cena's reaction to AJ kicking out of the Super AA was worth it.

Aside from that, a pretty crappy PPV. Crickets during the Ambrose/Ziggler match, which is no surprise to me. Basically, what I said all along. No one believed that Ziggler could win, thus they didn't care.

Balor/Rollins had a pretty crappy build and Balor is getting pushed to the moon awfully fast.

PPV gets a 4/10 from me.