• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stockpiling Goalies

fear-the-penguin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man, nice seeing you on here. I will always be a fan of MAF, but like you said he doesn't exactly instil confidence anymore. We gotta give him another shot tho, give him a chance to redeem himself, maybe we get rewarded for our loyalty and MAF goes back to being the MAF we saw in 2008 & 2009. We'll see how it goes, I don't think goaltending is what cost us the Bruins series tho, I think it was the fact we don't have physical forwards who could setup in front of the other team's goalie and create ugly goals.
Glad we got Scuds back, He will help MAF out a little. I can still see him blocking shots in game 6 2009

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold the new goalie coach being able to solve MAF's problems. I think they are strictly between the ears. We just really have to hope one the young guys pans out.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we got Scuds back, He will help MAF out a little. I can still see him blocking shots in game 6 2009

Yeah, losing Scuds was the biggest regret I have since 2009, no way we would've lost to the Flyers in 2012 or Lightning 2011 if we had Scuds on the team those years.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold the new goalie coach being able to solve MAF's problems. I think they are strictly between the ears. We just really have to hope one the young guys pans out.

I think it's like this, either MAF will give his very best next season or we trade him. If I were MAF I would make sure I put up my best possible performance this upcoming season. Honestly, I don't blame MAF too much this season. I think he did well in the regular season but had a baby daughter at the worst possible time (right before the playoffs). Not blaming MAF or his daughter for the disappointing playoff performance, but it was really bad timing LOL

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am very intrigue by Maguire... will watch BU this year to see how he progresses.

During the development camp scrimmage:

goaltender Sean Maguire did not allow any regulation goals over his 25 minutes in net, and denied all three shootout chances at the end of the half...

I like the sound of that... like I said in my quote above, he's the one to keep an eye for the future, IMO.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the development camp scrimmage:

goaltender Sean Maguire did not allow any regulation goals over his 25 minutes in net, and denied all three shootout chances at the end of the half...

I like the sound of that... like I said in my quote above, he's the one to keep an eye for the future, IMO.

Yeah Maguire is someone who I myself haven't thought much of. Maybe we got something going with our prospective goalies. Still tho, the way we treat our prospects seems like all we could ever hope for is to see them play for WBS.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sooner we move on from the MAF experience, the better off the Pens will be.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sooner we move on from the MAF experience, the better off the Pens will be.

Yeah, the only thing keeping him a Penguin is the sentimental attachment IMO.