• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars: The Acolyte

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Triple H Yes GIF by WWE

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer 2:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Anakin wasn't the first older force sensitive kid to be taken in by the Jedi to be trained

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Anakin wasn't the first older force sensitive kid to be taken in by the Jedi to be trained
I don’t think it was even hinted at that he was. They just know that the track record for older students is not good, so they try to avoid it as much as possible.

That was/is my take, anyway.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sddefault.jpg

This show is getting blasted online.... apparently it's complete and utter trash lmao. Episode 3/4 are supposed to be where they really shove the woke in your face.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is getting blasted online.... apparently it's complete and utter trash lmao. Episode 3/4 are supposed to be where they really shove the woke in your face.

The only people having a field day "blasting" it are the ones whose mind was already made before the show was released.

More openminded reviewers are more positive, but it seems like a meh show, nothing great.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people having a field day "blasting" it are the ones whose mind was already made before the show was released.

More openminded reviewers are more positive, but it seems like a meh show, nothing great.

I've looked at those reviews too and it's pretty bland/bad. A lot of the Rotten Tomato critics are like 6/10 which gives it a tomato lol.. IMDB and RT audience speaks volumes. Why are we introducing Kung Fu in a Star Wars movie and some chick throwing a couple knives kills a Jedi? And the dialogue from some reviews that featured the trailer is hilariously bad.

I found it quite hilarious in one review of a scene the sith master is saying "Your blades are useless against them." WHEN SHE JUST FUCKING KILLED A JEDI WITH BLADES!? Does Disney and their woke crew even care anymore? Nevermind Star Wars fanbois and canon... it's just abysmal writing. The Squid Games fucker is the best actor on the show apparently and the motherfucker doesn't even speak English.

Mind made up? Oh fuck off with that nonsense.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very agnostic on the first 2 episodes. Though I see the seeds that have been planted where this show will end up being 90% “message” and maybe 10% SW story telling.

But I want to refrain from shitting on it until those seeds actually sprout into what I expect them to become.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very agnostic on the first 2 episodes. Though I see the seeds that have been planted where this show will end up being 90% “message” and maybe 10% SW story telling.

But I want to refrain from shitting on it until those seeds actually sprout into what I expect them to become.

200w.gif

Although I heard the first 2 episodes were pretty terrible. Yes Disney has their interns out there giving it 10/10 writeups, but majority of the Internet (various review sites like IMDB/RT, YouTubers, etc.) are blasting the first 2 episodes for terrible dialogue/story, lackluster action (Carrie Moss' character killed off with a couple throwing knives as a Jedi against some dork acolyte? I should say spoilers but who cares?).

I've heard Episode 3 really goes heavy woke.. who knows. Hey, if it turns around and is a great show (lol) then great! But it's fairly obvious a LOT of viewers don't believe in Disney anymore and certainly not with making a good Star Wars film. A lot of people are simply not watching. When the actor and director starts blasting 'white men' and says, "Don't watch it then"... yah, that's going in the trash pile fairly quick.

If you created a good product and you're proud to stand behind it, you don't need racial/sexist agendas and bashing the audience to sell it... it sells because it's a good product. Disney and the muppets in charge of this drivel know they have a shit product so are going the political route to try and capture the < 10% freaks that actually agree with them who wont watch it anyway. And when the film/series bombs, they'll blame something is wrong with the World to try and attract the morons of society to buy their stock for 'THE MESSAGE'.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200w.gif

Although I heard the first 2 episodes were pretty terrible. Yes Disney has their interns out there giving it 10/10 writeups, but majority of the Internet (various review sites like IMDB/RT, YouTubers, etc.) are blasting the first 2 episodes for terrible dialogue/story, lackluster action (Carrie Moss' character killed off with a couple throwing knives as a Jedi against some dork acolyte? I should say spoilers but who cares?).

I've heard Episode 3 really goes heavy woke.. who knows. Hey, if it turns around and is a great show (lol) then great! But it's fairly obvious a LOT of viewers don't believe in Disney anymore and certainly not with making a good Star Wars film. A lot of people are simply not watching. When the actor and director starts blasting 'white men' and says, "Don't watch it then"... yah, that's going in the trash pile fairly quick.

If you created a good product and you're proud to stand behind it, you don't need racial/sexist agendas and bashing the audience to sell it... it sells because it's a good product. Disney and the muppets in charge of this drivel know they have a shit product so are going the political route to try and capture the < 10% freaks that actually agree with them who wont watch it anyway. And when the film/series bombs, they'll blame something is wrong with the World to try and attract the morons of society to buy their stock for 'THE MESSAGE'.
I agree 100%. And I EXPECT it to go crap. I have seen too many snippets of the cast and the production saying woke as shit about it for it to possibly be good.

Then we see the knight getting mocked by his padowan, and every character being female and the twins‘ parentage referred to as “your mothers”. All the seeds are there, and I expect a flourishing garden to grow out of those seeds.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we introducing Kung Fu in a Star Wars movie and some chick throwing a couple knives kills a Jedi?
We got a preview of Jedi using Force Fu or whatever it's called last year in Asoka when Ezra used it to fight Shin Hati since he had no lightsaber at the time. Indara's descision to use the force to blend in with the hand to hand combat may trace back to the Jedi principal where Yoda said to Luke that a Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense not for attack.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a preview of Jedi using Force Fu or whatever it's called last year in Asoka when Ezra used it to fight Shin Hati since he had no lightsaber at the time. Indara's descision to use the force to blend in with the hand to hand combat may trace back to the Jedi principal where Yoda said to Luke that a Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense not for attack.

200w.gif

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why they made this series cause no one is really interested in the Old Republic stuff.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why they made this series cause no one is really interested in the Old Republic stuff.

There's a whole new section of Old Republic, now called High Republic Era, material (comics, books) that's been released over the last couple of years and its been fairly popular so I wouldn't say no one is interested. Plus its a time period that's rich for any kind of story you want to tell since its not directly tied to anything Skywalker Saga related