• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's Most Storied Program Tournament - (10) Florida State vs (20) Auburn

Who has a more storied program?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_me65m2XKGq1rqdyu5o1_400.gif
The Inbetweeners LOL

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Thank you very much for doing this, it's quite fun

2. @iowajerms any way we can speed up time in between rounds?

Going by time

I do want it going 1x a week, 2 matchups per week, and final poll closes September 5th (1st Sat of the season).

One of those will be broken. If I do 2 per week, the last week will be the 1st week of the season. So, I am still thinking about how "final poll closes on Sept. 5th" is going to be what works. If I thought of this a week earlier, it would be perfect.

After this round (This week + 2 more weeks), it will go quicker.

***The NFL players tournament will just be 2/week until it is over. I tried a pro team one but after the first few weeks, I didn't think it was going good, so I started the NFL one. So, that will go into the season.

Going by matchups in round

This will be hard to explain, but I will try.

We can do the 1 match of the winning side of the bracket each week and have the championship done in 7 weeks, Aug 1, but who would care about the next month to figure out 3rd-8th?

I am keeping the winning side = consolation side. Cons. side has 2 rounds to winning side's 1 round. Winning side is winner faces another winner. Right now, we are on one of those extra consolation rounds.

Next round (after this week + 2 weeks), I will do 1 matchup from Quarterfinals and 1 from consolation side. Reason is that those will create matchups.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have a question about the next round. This would start June 27. What would you guys rather do?

I will do 1 matchup from Quarterfinals and 1 matchup from consolation each week.

Go from top to bottom of the bracket?

That would be Oklahoma vs Texas and Penn State vs Georgia on June 27.

The loser of Oklahoma-Texas plays the winners of matchups this week (which is looking like it will be FSU-Florida)
The winner of PSU-UGA will face the loser of Nebraska-Ohio State

You would need to wait another week to figure out who each team faces.

Go with the matchups that make the matchup of the next round?

That would be Oklahoma vs Texas and the winners of this week (most likely FSU and Florida).

This way, you know who they face after the week, but it could be a little confusing by looking at the bracket.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close, but I went with Auburn. If for no other reason but being part of college football's second greatest rivalry.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do want it going 1x a week, 2 matchups per week, and final poll closes September 5th (1st Sat of the season).

My suggestion would be to not make this thing go right up to the season opener. I would have this thing done at least 1 week before the season begins.

Reason??? It might get lost or lose it's importance with everyone coming back into the forum and all the talk about what is going to happen. I just think the week to ten days leading up to the season, most people will lose interest in it because the season is about to start.

Just thinking out loud.
It a good thing you are doing it would be a shame to end on a "I dont really give a shit about it right now" sour note and get lost to everything else.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, after thinking about it more, I would accelerate this thing and make it go faster as the end get nearer just to hold peoples attention.

As people's teams are eliminated the "i dont care" factor creeps in and people lose interest. So the faster it goes down the stretch the better I think. Keeps their interest a little tighter.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestion would be to not make this thing go right up to the season opener. I would have this thing done at least 1 week before the season begins.

Reason??? It might get lost or lose it's importance with everyone coming back into the forum and all the talk about what is going to happen. I just think the week to ten days leading up to the season, most people will lose interest in it because the season is about to start.

Just thinking out loud.
It a good thing you are doing it would be a shame to end on a "I dont really give a shit about it right now" sour note and get lost to everything else.

This is a decent point. As the season gets closer, the less "off season" stuff will be going on and the more people will be focused on the upcoming games etc.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a decent point. As the season gets closer, the less "off season" stuff will be going on and the more people will be focused on the upcoming games etc.

And don't forget about how everyone will suddenly become super aggressive en sech. :mad2:
Happens every year. Lots of adrenaline going on.:heh:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just thinking out loud.
Very good point

I put at least in italics because the it could even end sooner and wouldn't lose interest. I think at the bare minumum 2 weeks before kick off this place will start to light up big time.

Would hate to see the best rounds get pushed down although we can always try to give em a bump every day or a few times a day

just my :2cents:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida State and Bobby Bowden or Auburn and Bobby Lowder?

Florida State.