• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

S. O. F. T.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t we read that TM had a few words with EB but it was heat of the moment stuff? Another offensive player got knocked down by a defensive player and the defensive player stood over him. EB started to get on the offensive player but TM got on the defensive player and told him to help his teammate up.

I think this is just reporters making more of this story.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking, I believe it will take making the playoffs and winning a playoff game to keep RR around next year. That should be the floor anyway.

thats what i said. I know RR is on the hot seat this year.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, can someone explain to me why Rivera should be here after next year period?

You honestly want him to run our front office for another year?

As someone said today, if we win a playoff game, it will be in spite of rivera, not because of him. Why do we continue to discuss the minimum amount of games he must win to stick around? It's like some of you want him to be here and you believe in what he is doing.

I dont think some of you get it at all. Our division opponents would love for Rivera to be here for eternity.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, can someone explain to me why Rivera should be here after next year period?

As someone said today. If we win a playoff game, it will be in spite of rivera, not because of him. Why do we continue to discuss the minimum amount of games he must win to stick around? It's like some of you want him to be here and you believe in what he is doing.

I dont think some of you get it at all. Our division opponents would love for Rivera to be here for eternity.
My dream is they somehow pry McVay the coach not McVay the coach/GM outta LA.

Could you imagine McVay and Kirk making their way back here next season?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or we brainwash Mike tomlin...lol

I would love for us to get the #1 overall pick and then convince Lincoln Riley to come coach us with Caleb Williams.

Hire the best assistant GM out there and game on. That's fantasy land stuff but oh well.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we brainwash Mike tomlin...lol

I would love for us to get the #1 overall pick and then convince Lincoln Riley to come coach us with Caleb Williams.

Hire the best assistant GM out there and game on.
I'm scared of college coaches after Spurrier and Urban Meyer. Not saying college coaches can't get it done. Carroll has done a great job in Seattle.

If Magic could sway Tomlin wow!

I hope to play meaningful football into December. If not, I want the top pick or close to it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm scared of college coaches after Spurrier and Urban Meyer. Not saying college coaches can't get it done. Carroll has done a great job in Seattle.

I hope to play meaningful football into December. If not, I want the top pick or close to it.
Whatever gets Rivera out. I want professionalism and someone with experience. I am tired of the entire front office to be honest.

I want an actual GM, not a coach masquerading as one. Rivera has never established continued success in the league and I don't see it happening now.

Magic needs to work his magic...lol.

My gut says Rivera is most likely out, barring some incredible season. I would guess Harris hires an up and coming GM and gives them the power to build the roster.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for Rivera because I think he's a good guy and has changed the culture for the better under extreme circumstances.

I was also rooting for Ron because I understood he was the best we could do with Dan as the owner. The word was out on Dan.

Now that Dan is gone and with a guy like Magic in the fold I feel like we will have our pick of the litter. Only thing is to get the real big fish to come here we will have to have a franchise QB in place or the means(draft pick or FA) to get one.

Ron's clock and timeout management as well as down and distance decisions can make you pull your hair out, but gone are the days of 3-13 and 4-12.

I will root for him again this year. If I had to bet I'd say this is it for him, but I don't have any ill will toward him. I still think Jay would have worked here if he had the stones to hire a real D coordinator. With an owner as impulse as Dan, Jay wasn't about to hire his replacement.

It's Ashburn.........Reverse Car Wash.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyle and Kirk and I have serious man love.

No way to Lincoln Riley. We have seen too many college coaches fail.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle and Kirk and I have serious man love.

No way to Lincoln Riley. We have seen too many college coaches fail.
I'm weary. I admit I don't watch enough college ball to know if he would work here.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take.

I just can't root for him at all. The coach-centric model does not work and it was a mistake from the get-go. Personal opinion of course, but his GM decisions have been among some of the worst in the league and a new GM will have their work cut out.

Rivera the coach is mediocre to below average
Rivera the GM is close to the bottom in the league

The longer he is around, the further behind we get I feel. Again, I freely admit that I am most likely in the minority.

I just cannot name a coach-centric model that has worked with a mediocre coach on the field. Come to think of it, I am not sure I can really think of a coach-centric model that has worked outside of New England. I don't think NE started out like that either.

The phrase "Good is not good when better is expected" comes to mind when I think of the RIvera tenure.

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As someone said today, if we win a playoff game, it will be in spite of rivera, not because of him. Why do we continue to discuss the minimum amount of games he must win to stick around? It's like some of you want him to be here and you believe in what he is doing.

Let me preface, I don't want Ron Rivera coaching this team anymore than you do Duke.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harris gets his man in the offseason. Just a gut feeling.

He didn't spend 6 billion to keep things the same.
I basically agree but I would like to see him hire a GM first. Remember, Bethard hired Gibbs in 81

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 out his last 3 years RR has us playing meaningful football in Dec/Jan.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for Rivera because I think he's a good guy and has changed the culture for the better under extreme circumstances.

I was also rooting for Ron because I understood he was the best we could do with Dan as the owner. The word was out on Dan.

Now that Dan is gone and with a guy like Magic in the fold I feel like we will have our pick of the litter. Only thing is to get the real big fish to come here we will have to have a franchise QB in place or the means(draft pick or FA) to get one.

Ron's clock and timeout management as well as down and distance decisions can make you pull your hair out, but gone are the days of 3-13 and 4-12.

I will root for him again this year. If I had to bet I'd say this is it for him, but I don't have any ill will toward him. I still think Jay would have worked here if he had the stones to hire a real D coordinator. With an owner as impulse as Dan, Jay wasn't about to hire his replacement.

It's Ashburn.........Reverse Car Wash.

I agree with this. It's just most of this board still wants RR gone even if we win 9 or 10 games and a playoff win this year. That would be an overachievement for this team this year. If that happens that would mean 3 out of his 4 years here, we would have been playing meaningful football in Dec and Jan. Plus, if Howell, Dotson, Robinson, and Turner become studs, all of those guys were acquired through the RR trade down in the 2022 draft for Olave.

I agree with you about RR in game decision making and time mgt. and his GM decisions. I agree RR is on the hot seat this year. IF Howell and EB work out well together then we can't afford to lose EB. Those two have to stay linked together here. It's going to be a very tough call if we win this year and see how stays and who leaves. EB and JDR could get head coaching opportunities elsewhere. I would want these guys to stay here if possible.

IF we lose then we all know RR will be gone. I'm not disputing that at all.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I basically agree but I would like to see him hire a GM first. Remember, Bethard hired Gibbs in 81
Yep, that's what I meant by get his guy...I mean a GM.

Seems like the 76ers went with an unknown in Elton brand. Maybe was the assistant GM I guess?

I think the Devils GM was more experienced one.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. It's just most of this board still wants RR gone even if we win 9 or 10 games and a playoff win this year. That would be an overachievement for this team this year. If that happens that would mean 3 out of his 4 years here, we would have been playing meaningful football in Dec and Jan. Plus, if Howell, Dotson, Robinson, and Turner become studs, all of those guys were acquired through the RR trade down in the 2022 draft for Olave.

I agree with you about RR in game decision making and time mgt. and his GM decisions. I agree RR is on the hot seat this year. IF Howell and EB work out well together then we can't afford to lose EB. Those two have to stay linked together here. It's going to be a very tough call if we win this year and see how stays and who leaves. EB and JDR could get head coaching opportunities elsewhere. I would want these guys to stay here if possible.

IF we lose then we all know RR will be gone. I'm not disputing that at all.
That's fair. I agree with most of that. I think he and the Martin's have drafted pretty well. The Mathis pick was a luxury pick but that's because they assumed Payne wasn't going to break out. That's on them.

Ten wins and a playoff win would make things interesting for me. I believe with all my heart this is going to be a sought after job for the first time in a long time. We can do better than Ron. I agree though, it would be hard to move on from Ron if he wins a playoff game.

I kinda want a younger set of eyes on the sideline and upstairs. Maybe and McVay/Kyle Smith type reunion.

It's early. I will be rooting for Ron though. I know that's kinda a oxymoron but I'm sure you get my point.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's what I meant by get his guy...I mean a GM.

Seems like the 76ers went with an unknown in Elton brand. Maybe was the assistant GM I guess?

I think the Devils GM was more experienced one.
Nah Harris spent big to get Morey from the Rockets. Brand has the title but Morey is President of BB operations and makes all the roster decisions.