• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict your team record after seeing the schedule

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Pats being 0-2 vs Eli WHEN IT COUNTS.

Brag about your regular season wins while Eli can brag about Brady being 0-2 in the superbowl

I'm not bragging up shit NYer Just saying that Pats have outscored Indy by like 100 points in 4 games and correcting your error about not beating Eli and I think the scores are pretty close in the 3 contests vs Eli.
Lets say I knock you out in the first rd in 4 straight fights, chances aren't the best that you will win the 5th fight. We go 12 rounds all 3 fights, 4th fight is a toss up, regardless of the title implications

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFCW & AFCW...NE, IND...no question...tough schedule.

Outlook on the team.

New DC Butler taking over a DEF still in transition...back 4 in a nutshell will not be sorted out until camp, which is good imo...the balance of power on the DEF is no longer LB...the DL talent is surfacing to be the strength of the unit with Tuitt and McCullers showing good early form.

I expect a little more of Tomlin's 4-3 front influence to take some pressure off the OLBs....more blitzing from Shazier. In short...back 4 is the big question...I know they will be faster with Troy and Ike gone, but until I see them on the field idk if they will be better, worse, or the same. Overall I expect a QB pressure by committee type team with 5 or 6 guys with 5+ sacks.

OFC...I'd love to have the big anchor LT, but I would take the health the OL had LY...the starting 5 had a very high % of the snaps. Aside from that...Ben has arguably the best arsenal he's ever had in PIT...Miller is not the same guy, but still a very reliable 2 way TE...Bell, Wheaton & Martavious Bryant have more than picked up the slack.

DeAngelo Williams was a big pick up in FA...with the pending 3 gm suspension by Bell...Williams can take the lionshare of the carries.

I think 11-5.

@ NE, SEA, KC, BAL will be tough...I'd take 2-2 right now, must get 1 of these to make the playoffs imo.

im seeing 9-7 to 11-5 so split it at 10-6, i think st louis beats us, NE, split with baltimore, split with cincy, lose to seattle.......

then i see us losing to either chiefs, chargers, colts.......

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im seeing 9-7 to 11-5 so split it at 10-6, i think st louis beats us, NE, split with baltimore, split with cincy, lose to seattle.......

I like the Steelers chances for the division. I'm not sold on the Ratbirds, the Bungols are well the Bungols, and Browns are exactly that, the brown stain on the carpet that is the AFC North.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks,

we could be there, but we got some good games with alot of teams that are a player or two from being great, or had a down year and could easily bounce back....

lets not forget how bad our D is as of right now, maybe new coordinator, and some draft picks and its back on track......but unless were scoring 30+ a game, its gonna be a roller coaster year

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks,

we could be there, but we got some good games with alot of teams that are a player or two from being great, or had a down year and could easily bounce back....

lets not forget how bad our D is as of right now, maybe new coordinator, and some draft picks and its back on track......but unless were scoring 30+ a game, its gonna be a roller coaster year

I'm sold on the Real Qb Rating as a guide to go by. I recommend the site that came up with it. Cold, Hard Football Facts.com: The Truth Hurts

Yes they are from the North East, however it's hard to argue with their analysis, and they have a reputation for being fair.

(I haven't looked up the RQBR for the Steelers opponents, but my guess is it's a bit tougher than the Pats this season, but not much.)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im gonna check that site out, looks intriguing, thanks

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers did a good job of keeping their FA's in-house (esp. Dwan Edwards and Cole, to keep the DT rotation strong), brought Ginn back, took a risk and signed Tillman, made some other low-key-but-effective moves. Cam's gotta play better. All that being said, I see some bad matchups out there (Indy, GB, SEA @ their place). Somewhere between 8-8 an 11-5. And i doubt that NOLA wins 11 'easy', though I concede the possibility OP might be right for a change.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers did a good job of keeping their FA's in-house (esp. Dwan Edwards and Cole, to keep the DT rotation strong), brought Ginn back, took a risk and signed Tillman, made some other low-key-but-effective moves. Cam's gotta play better. All that being said, I see some bad matchups out there (Indy, GB, SEA @ their place). Somewhere between 8-8 an 11-5. And i doubt that NOLA wins 11 'easy', though I concede the possibility OP might be right for a change.
Good to hear from you GS. Op is always wrong, I see no reason that would change.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear from you GS. Op is always wrong, I see no reason that would change.
Thanks, HS, hope you're doing well, man.

As to OP, even a blind squirrel ....... they lost Graham, et al, but have a decent core, and I think the NFCS will be real tight this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it will be easy at all. I think we're a 9-11 win team. Need to go back to being dominant in the dome. If that happens I see 11 wins because home schedule is pretty soft.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10-6 is fair with that schedule, but I think it will bring out the best in the team. Tomlin still hasn't figured out how to beat sub .500 teams consistently, but tends to do better vs playoff caliber teams.

So many factors that we don't know yet, but assuming the Steelers are in good health...the OFC should be good enough to beat KC, Chargers, and Colts, but we'll have to see about the DEF.

I'm concerned about the back 4 more than pass rush, but I tend to agree with Face...Butler will have an impact.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say 11 - 5. As long as Aaron Rodgers is still under center, the Packers have every reason to think they will win 10 games per season.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-5 if Romo stays healthy if not 5-11 or worse if he goes down

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O - 12. They get disbanded after the last game....