• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Wimbledon (and grass court tournies) thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of showing the isner match, espn is still talking about the Serena match.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isner down 2 sets to 1 and the 4th set is close but they insist on analysing the Serena match. Something they can do once play is completed for the day

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Heather Watson is on the verge of booting out Serena from Wimbledon. Yep, the competition is bad.

Serena played like hell at the end of the second and the start of the third. I'll give Watson credit for never really shrinking and Serena credit for rising to the occasion when her back was against the wall, but if that's your example of "great competition," well.......

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, let's give some credit to Denis Kudla. Hopefully, he can use this to join Jack Sock as a guy who is consistently in the top 50. The 1991-1995 American generation is going to be a stinker either way, but two solid players sounds a hell of a lot better than one.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena really shaken up by a crowd cheering for every error and serve she missed, but she overcame. Good for her. It's a joke that Heather Watson made it close, but that crowd, yeesh. Not a very competitive match at all from a tennis standpoint. Only tennis fans would understand.

Isner about to go down in the 5th set against Cilic.

Kudla was a firecracker at the end of his match, though. It was fun to watch.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about as well as Isner can possibly play, actually.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple break point to get back on serve

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing you have to understand about isner is that even though he may look slow and indifferent, he's giving it his all every single point

he's overachieved in his career if anything. i'm amazed at what he's done considering the prototype nowadays for great tennis is 6'2-6'3 with supreme movement.

he's moving better now than he ever has, and his backhand used to be a huge weakness, and now it's a pretty average shot, which is a big improvement.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take a guess that they'll play until about 915

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serena played like hell at the end of the second and the start of the third. I'll give Watson credit for never really shrinking and Serena credit for rising to the occasion when her back was against the wall, but if that's your example of "great competition," well.......

Well said, but your wasting your breath with LI though, LOL.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a reason J-Mac even agreed it was a great match. I always get amused when I see posters claim
"Serena played like hell" instead of admitting her opponent gave back everything the great Serena threw up against her. Now the fact that some of you expected Serena to roll over Heather but Heather returned those powerful Serena serves back to her and forced her to sometimes commit unforced errors does not mean it was not a great match. Granted beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the fact that Serena even came back showed how competitive the match was. If Serena had rolled over Heather the same posters will claim women matches suck. When the great Serena was taken to the third set, the match still sucks. This is unbelievable.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said, but your wasting your breath with LI though, LOL.

See my post above, Old Lion. The commentators saw the same match we all saw and agreed it was a competitive great match. That is fine with me. If you guys want to be like ostriches and claim the match sucked, be my guest.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my post above, Old Lion. The commentators saw the same match we all saw and agreed it was a competitive great match. That is fine with me. If you guys want to be like ostriches and claim the match sucked, be my guest.

They are commentators that have to also promote the sport. What are they supposed to say?

"Sorry folks but this one is a stinker. Might as well change the channel until this one is over"

Women's tennis is a complete joke.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason J-Mac even agreed it was a great match. I always get amused when I see posters claim "Serena played like hell" instead of admitting her opponent gave back everything the great Serena threw up against her. Now the fact that some of you expected Serena to roll over Heather but Heather returned those powerful Serena serves back to her and forced her to sometimes commit unforced errors does not mean it was not a great match. Granted beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the fact that Serena even came back showed how competitive the match was. If Serena had rolled over Heather the same posters will claim women matches suck. When the great Serena was taken to the third set, the match still sucks. This is unbelievable.

I didn't say Serena played like hell for the whole match. I said she played like hell for a period where she lost 6 of the 8 games played. Besides that, she played pretty well. Are you really arguing that Serena played her best in the late second and early third sets? You think that Watson was winning all of those games because she raised here level of play

Watson played at her absolute ceiling for nearly the entire match, but even with that, Serena beat her 15-7 in the games where she was playing well. That's not exactly competitive.