• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Wimbledon (and grass court tournies) thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long way to go, but Wawrinka vs. Simon could be a good SF match, even though neither has a great grass game. Maybe Wawrinka a little more because of his serve.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan is out. Anderson tough on grass with that serve

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahut won the Topshelf. Forgot to post it. He is excellent on grass. He will be coming to Newport as well in a few weeks. Got a chance to shoot the breeze with him for a minute last year. Very down to earth gentleman.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahut won the Topshelf. Forgot to post it. He is excellent on grass. He will be coming to Newport as well in a few weeks. Got a chance to shoot the breeze with him for a minute last year. Very down to earth gentleman.

Awesome!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't believe wimbledon is just 9 days away

really looking forward to it

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice that it can be watched live without having to stay up or get up at ridiculous hours.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice that it can be watched live without having to stay up or get up at ridiculous hours.
lol, for you.

coverage starts at 4 am for me, or maybe even 3 am.

paris and london are only 1 hour apart in time zones, with paris being 1 hour ahead.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, for you.

coverage starts at 4 am for me, or maybe even 3 am.

paris and london are only 1 hour apart in time zones, with paris being 1 hour ahead.

Yeah, on the West Coast, the FO and Wimbledon aren't that easy to watch live. I DVR them.

Pretty much have to do that for every major. Even for the USO, I want to watch the matches relaxed and focused, so I'd rather just wait until I get home in the evening, to watch the day's and night's events.

To some extent, the AO is a little easier to watch live, because their night matches are around midnight for me. So I can take a short nap, wake up, then watch a few sets of a match that I was looking forward to watching.

Then go back to sleep when I'm tired, and still get some decent sleep.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah due to work, the Aussie Open is the slam I get to watch the most. I'm a late sleeper so I'm usually able to watch all of the day session and still get to catch some of the final night match while getting ready for work in the am

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Masters 1,000 wins would have Fed have if the tour took grass as seriously as hard courts and red clay? He's still the best grass courter in the world today, even if he doesn't have the endurance or consistency to be the favorite at Wimbledon.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Masters 1,000 wins would have Fed have if the tour took grass as seriously as hard courts and red clay? He's still the best grass courter in the world today, even if he doesn't have the endurance or consistency to be the favorite at Wimbledon.

I think most everyone will be rooting for Fed this year. This may be the last year he has a shot at it. I expect a decline from him next year and it could be big.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most everyone will be rooting for Fed this year. This may be the last year he has a shot at it. I expect a decline from him next year and it could be big.

I wouldn't mind him leveling at 18 majors like Martina and Chris, but not at the expense of Nole's run! If Djokovic upset before the final, fine, but right now I see this time as belong to the #1 player in the world! Roger's had his time in the spotlight that continues, but he's nowhere near Nole and will drop precipitously in the rankings if he doesn't hold onto the runner-up points at Wimbledon IMO! He's playing well enough, but not truly threatening to Nole for the most part; esp. in best of 5! Last season was his best chance and got it to the 5th, but ended up getting punished like most people who have the audacity to keep him on the court that long serving bagels and breadsticks in semi's and finals! :suds: :agree: :clap:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind him leveling at 18 majors like Martina and Chris, but not at the expense of Nole's run! If Djokovic upset before the final, fine, but right now I see this time as belong to the #1 player in the world! Roger's had his time in the spotlight that continues, but he's nowhere near Nole and will drop precipitously in the rankings if he doesn't hold onto the runner-up points at Wimbledon IMO! He's playing well enough, but not truly threatening to Nole for the most part; esp. in best of 5! Last season was his best chance and got it to the 5th, but ended up getting punished like most people who have the audacity to keep him on the court that long serving bagels and breadsticks in semi's and finals! :suds: :agree: :clap:

:agree: Fiero.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The seedings are locked in at Wimbledon for the men anyway:

1. Serbia - Novak Djokovic
2. Switzerland - Roger Federer
3. UK - Andy Murray
4. Switzerland - Stan Wawrinka
5. Japan - Kei Nishikori
6. Czech Rep. - Tomáš Berdych
7. Canada - Milos Raonic
8. Spain - David Ferrer
9. Croatia - Marin Čilić
10. Spain - Rafael Nadal
11. Bul. - Grigor Dimitrov
12. France - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
13. France - Gilles Simon
14. So. Africa - Kevin Anderson
15. Spain - Feliciano López
16. Belgium - David Goffin

17. US - John Isner - 18. France Gaël Monfils - 19. Spain Tommy Robredo - 20. Spain Roberto Bautista Agut - 21. France Richard Gasquet - 22. Serbia Viktor Troicki - 23. Croatia Ivo Karlović - 24. Argentina Leonardo Mayer - 25. Italy Andreas Seppi - 26. Australia Nick Kyrgios - 27. Australia Bernard Tomic - 28. Uruguay Pablo Cuevas - 29. Spain Guillermo García-López - 30. Italy Fabio Fognini - 31. US Jack Sock - 32. Austria Dominic Thiem

I think Seppi jumped 20 places in the ranking due to his showing in Halle! Congrats to Federer and Murray who won at Gerry Webber and Queens respectively! The Wiki draw for Wimbledon has been started, but seeds the only thing on it: - 2015 Wimbledon Championships Men's Singles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seedings are locked in at Wimbledon for the men anyway:

1. Serbia - Novak Djokovic
2. Switzerland - Roger Federer
3. UK - Andy Murray
4. Switzerland - Stan Wawrinka
5. Japan - Kei Nishikori
6. Czech Rep. - Tomáš Berdych
7. Canada - Milos Raonic
8. Spain - David Ferrer
9. Croatia - Marin Čilić
10. Spain - Rafael Nadal
11. Bul. - Grigor Dimitrov
12. France - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
13. France - Gilles Simon
14. So. Africa - Kevin Anderson
15. Spain - Feliciano López
16. Belgium - David Goffin

17. US - John Isner - 18. France Gaël Monfils - 19. Spain Tommy Robredo - 20. Spain Roberto Bautista Agut - 21. France Richard Gasquet - 22. Serbia Viktor Troicki - 23. Croatia Ivo Karlović - 24. Argentina Leonardo Mayer - 25. Italy Andreas Seppi - 26. Australia Nick Kyrgios - 27. Australia Bernard Tomic - 28. Uruguay Pablo Cuevas - 29. Spain Guillermo García-López - 30. Italy Fabio Fognini - 31. US Jack Sock - 32. Austria Dominic Thiem

I think Seppi jumped 20 places in the ranking due to his showing in Halle! Congrats to Federer and Murray who won at Gerry Webber and Queens respectively! The Wiki draw for Wimbledon has been started, but seeds the only thing on it: - 2015 Wimbledon Championships Men's Singles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -

Doesn't Wimbledon rank players base on how they play on Grass?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I'll never get about the tennis schedule.

Why in the world is Clay Court season (excluding the French) is about a Month and a half long while Grass season ( excluding Wimbledon) is 3 weeks long? Makes absolutely no sense

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, a formula taking into consideration all grass court play over 2 years! What's your point? Rafa's been upset early the last 3 years at Wimbledon, then lost in the 1st round of Queens after winning Stuttgart last week over Troiki! Who's seeding do you have a problem or question; Nadal? lol! :pound: :yes: :D

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I'll never get about the tennis schedule.

Why in the world is Clay Court season (excluding the French) is about a Month and a half long while Grass season ( excluding Wimbledon) is 3 weeks long? Makes absolutely no sense

The clay courters of Europe and South America appreciate the length of the clay season; that's for sure! Grass is just about obsolete after being the predominant surface 4o+ years ago; times change! We had some premiere clay events here in the States, but slowly eliminated them in favor of HC's! Overall, things are homogenized and the current style of play with a big serve and forehand rule the tour! Roger's is not as penetrating and he's having trouble advancing of late in these majors! :L :noidea: :rolleyes2:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, and it's absurd

here's the exact formula:

Total ATP points accumulated by a player until the Monday before the start of Wimbledon + Total grasscourt points accumulated by a player in the preceding year
+ 75% of grasscourt points in the grasscourt event where a player has achieved his best result in the year before the previous one.

Last edited: