• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Top 25 OOC games of 2015.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't BYU have that fun QB to watch that had a season ending injury last season?

Yeah, but Utah is actually good. Top 25 team last year returning a ton. If they weren't in arguably the most loaded division in CFB, they'd get a lot more pub. 5 of the 6 teams in the Pac 12 South finished ranked and all 6 of them probably think they're going to be even better this year.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Utah is actually good. Top 25 team last year returning a ton. If they weren't in arguably the most loaded division in CFB, they'd get a lot more pub. 5 of the 6 teams in the Pac 12 South finished ranked and all 6 of them probably think they're going to be even better this year.

Looking at the AP polls from last season. BYU was first ranked in week 2 (25th). Week 6, BYU was ranked 18th. Then Taysom Hill got injured. Utah 1st was ranked in Week 7. Week 10, Utah was ranked 18th. Just imagine if Hill didn't get injured with an easier scheduled.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State vs Washington will be fun, but with both teams breaking in new QBs it will not be easy on the eyes

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the AP polls from last season. BYU was first ranked in week 2 (25th). Week 6, BYU was ranked 18th. Then Taysom Hill got injured. Utah 1st was ranked in Week 7. Week 10, Utah was ranked 18th. Just imagine if Hill didn't get injured with an easier scheduled.

Then they would have been a mediocre at best team with a high ranking because they played a weak schedule. So what? It's not like Christian Stewart came in and shit the bed. Hill is a pretty good dual threat QB, but Utah is a better team and has been for a while.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah was looking good until they suffered mass turnover on their coaching staff
Who knows how that will impact anything but losing a defensive and offensive coordinator could have a huge impact or it could be like business as usual.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State vs Washington will be fun, but with both teams breaking in new QBs it will not be easy on the eyes

Who starts for Washington? Lindquist? Browning the true freshman? And now that Finley got caught drinking and running from the cops, who starts for Boise if he's suspended? I imagine they'll want to redshirt the true freshman Brett Rypien. I suppose that leaves Tommy Stuart. Yikes.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to help the Longhorn Network programming when you can't put any football games on it.

The LHN
2011 One game on the LHN
2012 Two games on the LHN
2013 Three games on the LHN
2014 Four games on the LHN

Kansas and Iowa State seem to agree to play on the LHN quite a bit. I don't think Texas Tech has agreed to play on it yet.:2cents:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who starts for Washington? Lindquist? Browning the true freshman? And now that Finley got caught drinking and running from the cops, who starts for Boise if he's suspended? I imagine they'll want to redshirt the true freshman Brett Rypien. I suppose that leaves Tommy Stuart. Yikes.

I'm hoping we handle it internally, running from the cops is obviously a bad thing, but every college student drinks. After all if players can get a DUI and not miss a game, should he not miss a game?

Washington is looking like a mess on offense, I have no idea who they're going to start and they just had their best offensive weapon get hurt for the year?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows how that will impact anything but losing a defensive and offensive coordinator could have a huge impact or it could be like business as usual.

I agree sir, you never really know how it will look until the season starts, some teams get through it fine, others end up a total mess all of a sudden

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to remember that most teams play 2 or 3 no-name mid-major or FCS teams, and you got about 1/3 of each P5 conference that won't be worth anything or just get dominant.

I think Iowa and Pitt will be good teams. I can see Iowa being an 8 or 9 win team. Not great, but not bad. They have a lot of experience.
And they were supposed to be 10-0 last year.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they were supposed to be 10-0 last year.

Iowa had 6 losses last season and bowl game.

3 were by under a TD difference (by 3 to ISU, by 2 to Wis, by 3 in OT to Neb)
2 were more than a TD difference (by 37 to Minn, by 17 to Tenn)
1 was by 7 (Mary)

They could likely have been 10-2.

Of course, on the flip side, they beat N. Iowa by 8, had to come back vs Ball State won by 4, and beat Pitt by 4. They could just as likely been 3-9.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taysom Hill. He's a stud. Idaho kid!

Did not know that, I assume out of Boise then? How did you guys let him bail, guess he doesn't really fit your offense.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not know that, I assume out of Boise then? How did you guys let him bail, guess he doesn't really fit your offense.

He's actually from Eastern Idaho which is heavily populated with mormons. Boise offered him, but he committed to Stanford instead and then changed his mind to BYU. I'm not sure if he ever really was considering staying in state. Idaho obviously doesn't have a lot of elite recruits as a very white state with less than two million people, but there's been some good quarterbacks who have emerged lately. There was another LSD kid, this one from Boise named Tanner Mangum (funny last name I know). Rivals had him as the #3 QB in the country. He went to the Elite 11 camp a few years ago, lit the mother fucker up, and won camp MVP. He then promptly left for a mormon mission. His decision came down to Boise and BYU, but people in the know say the Broncos never really had an honest shot at him. I believe he just got back from his mission and is now enrolled at BYU. Ironically the kid that he took over for as the starter at his high school was All PAC 12 QB Taylor Kelly who started the last three seasons for ASU. He wasn't all Pac 12 this season though after missing some games with a broken foot his senior year.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind, before Taysom Hill went down last year, Boise State was their biggest obstacle to being undefeated, I'm not sure if they would have beaten us but it sure would have been one heck of a shootout.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One's I'm most interested in:

Oregon at Michigan State

Alabama vs Wisconsin – at Arlington, TX
Texas A&M vs Arizona State – at Houston TX
USC at Notre Dame
Oklahoma at Tennessee

Ohio State at Virginia Tech
Notre Dame at Clemson
Florida State at Florida
Clemson at South Carolina
Notre Dame at Stanford

Nebraska at Miami (FL)
Maryland at West Virginia
Missouri vs BYU – at Kansas City
Auburn vs Louisville – at Atlanta, GA
Georgia at Georgia Tech

Texas at Notre Dame
Washington at Boise State
Virginia at UCLA
Boise State at Virginia
TCU at Minnesota

BYU at Nebraska
Pittsburgh at Iowa
California at Texas
LSU at Syracuse
BYU at Michigan

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Oregon / Michigan State game takes the cake. Holy shit I cannot wait for that game!