• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft Chat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't get "on my bad side" I don't even know you. UK and I explained over and over our opinions and they just weren't the same as yours so you pretended to not understand. Not to mention you tore my 4 - 7 saying that's why you voted for whoever I was playing yet I showed that my 4 - 7 was almost identical to theirs, so then you went in a different direction, i'm not upset about it and I don't hold grudges, UK and I have fought many times but he's still one of the most knowledgeable and cool people on the Hoop. I guess I just don't like when people try to pass of their opinion as fact while trying to tell other people their opinions are wrong...
Totally back this statement. Nos and I have gotten into it before, but he is probably my favorite guy on the Hoop, along with Ritz and Murph. Straight up guys, and there are a lot of others. I admire Milk too, really knowledgeable guy, but like Jason Patric said in The Alamo....''Sometimes Buck, it's just the way you say things....swear to God''

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't get "on my bad side" I don't even know you. UK and I explained over and over our opinions and they just weren't the same as yours so you pretended to not understand. Not to mention you tore my 4 - 7 saying that's why you voted for whoever I was playing yet I showed that my 4 - 7 was almost identical to theirs, so then you went in a different direction, i'm not upset about it and I don't hold grudges, UK and I have fought many times but he's still one of the most knowledgeable and cool people on the Hoop. I guess I just don't like when people try to pass of their opinion as fact while trying to tell other people their opinions are wrong...

How did i go in another direction if i make a comment and then you don't ask me how i meant it?? I explained my opinion well... Now of course you can have an opposing opinion, but if it is against my opinion i will take my opinion into account...

this is your leagues, so if you want me to be less opinionated just tell me... But if i give you my opinion, i don't understand why you think i am forcing it to be the ONLY way to make a team... I apologize if i come off too strong, believe me that is not my intent... I just like debating about things to actually start conversation...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a NEXT BASEBALL draft idea

25 players Drafted

It is a version of the DECADE draft

Player pool- must have made first appearance in the 1900 season or later, Must have made last appearance 1999 or earlier.

A player represents the decades he played, so if a player played 1905-1920 he would represent the 1900 decade, 1910 decade and the 1920 decade.

You can not own MORE than 3 players of any decade(so be careful with multi decade players)

HOF rule- There can be a maximum of 4 HOFers per decade(through the whole draft). If I draft a HOF that represents the 1920's only 3 other HOFers can be drafted that represent the 20's and those players can be drafted by anyone...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a NEXT BASEBALL draft idea

25 players Drafted

It is a version of the DECADE draft

Player pool- must have made first appearance in the 1900 season or later, Must have made last appearance 1999 or earlier.

A player represents the decades he played, so if a player played 1905-1920 he would represent the 1900 decade, 1910 decade and the 1920 decade.

You can not own MORE than 3 players of any decade(so be careful with multi decade players)

HOF rule- There can be a maximum of 4 HOFers per decade(through the whole draft). If I draft a HOF that represents the 1920's only 3 other HOFers can be drafted that represent the 20's and those players can be drafted by anyone...
I'm liking this idea Milk. Maybe a tweak or two, but great idea

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about this idea for next draft?

Had to be draft 1 player each of these years. The years are when the player were drafted. 1920,1925,1930,1935,1945,1955,1965,1970,1975,1980,1985,1995,2005,2010,2015

Positions

C

SS

OF

OF

OF

DH

SP

SP

SP

RP

CL

Manger

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats a manger? :noidea:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put 0.00 stock into the manager. Talent wins

I think it would be cool though to draft a whole front office, and then reward the owner with the BEST front offices in an extra HOF draft pick round...

for example- we all can only pick 4 HOFers, we draft a manager, owner and pitching coach... We rank the front office and then add one extra round to the draft where the order is based on the rankings, and in this round we all draft HOFers...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be cool though to draft a whole front office, and then reward the owner with the BEST front offices in an extra HOF draft pick round...

for example- we all can only pick 4 HOFers, we draft a manager, owner and pitching coach... We rank the front office and then add one extra round to the draft where the order is based on the rankings, and in this round we all draft HOFers...

Not a huge fan of this idea, putting off a hall of famer to the end is a crapshoot because we are waiting to the last round to pick a player we hope will be there and it could change the entire shape of our team....

EX... I hold off drafting a CF because I want DiMaggio with my extra pick, I have already drafted my 4 HOFers in the my first 12 picks and someone else hasn't and decides to take DiMaggio in the 17th round, now I don't have a CF and will have to find one from one of the years I havent drafted from thus weakening my team.

I don't really care if we draft a FO I guess if I had to choose we wouldn't but I don't think the FO matters at all with teams as talented as the ones we draft.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge fan of this idea, putting off a hall of famer to the end is a crapshoot because we are waiting to the last round to pick a player we hope will be there and it could change the entire shape of our team....

EX... I hold off drafting a CF because I want DiMaggio with my extra pick, I have already drafted my 4 HOFers in the my first 12 picks and someone else hasn't and decides to take DiMaggio in the 17th round, now I don't have a CF and will have to find one from one of the years I havent drafted from thus weakening my team.

I don't really care if we draft a FO I guess if I had to choose we wouldn't but I don't think the FO matters at all with teams as talented as the ones we draft.
My thoughts too. It's cool with me if we do, but its whatever

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isnt that the point though... It is an extra strategy added... I don't care what we do, I kind of agree that the FO doesn't matter in voting at all... Its kind of like drafting a punter... But if we give a reason for people to draft a better FO sooner then it could really make these drafts different, and aren't we looking to be different??

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt that the point though... It is an extra strategy added... I don't care what we do, I kind of agree that the FO doesn't matter in voting at all... Its kind of like drafting a punter... But if we give a reason for people to draft a better FO sooner then it could really make these drafts different, and aren't we looking to be different??
To me, the FO would have way more importance in an NFL mock. Specify offensive and defensive scheme, and hold us to it. Meaning, if you are playing Dick LeBeau 3-4, and you take Warren Sapp as your 5T, he's a good player still, but not the same as if he were a 3T in a Kitten 4-3 Tampa 2. Or if you took Fran Tarkington, and put him in an Ernie Zampese vertical attack, it's a failure

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think I got rankings from everyone but im gonna post the matchups anywho...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout this for a baseball draft

Each GM can pick 3 players per decade(based on rookie year), 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's

Of the 3 in a Decade, only 1 can be a HOFers

Each team will have 24 players, a third of them HOF
9 position, 5 bench, 5 SP 5 RP

Owners can use their HOF picks for whatever 8 positions they choose. Some teams will have stronger lineups, some pens, some rotations.

Thoughts?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it and I cant even think of how I wanna change it! :think:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout this for a baseball draft

Each GM can pick 3 players per decade(based on rookie year), 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's

Of the 3 in a Decade, only 1 can be a HOFers

Each team will have 24 players, a third of them HOF
9 position, 5 bench, 5 SP 5 RP

Owners can use their HOF picks for whatever 8 positions they choose. Some teams will have stronger lineups, some pens, some rotations.

Thoughts?

2 problems I see!!

8 HOFers is too much, 1980s and 1990s were steroid decades. Don't like when people can draft HOF studs like Clemens and bonds where they don't count as the HOFers.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this idea up a couple weeks ago but i will amend it a little

Player pool: must have made first appearance 1900 or later and had to make last appearance 2000 or earlier.

A player represents all the decades they have played in so if you played from 1908-1920 you represent the 1900,1910 and 1920 decades

You can not have more than 7 players represent any decade

You can only have 10 decades represented by a HOF player(some teams may have more HOFers than others)