• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mermaids (Animal Planet specials)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the packers. And fuck fake mermaids. Make a bigfoot thread. Ok one more then I'll go to lunch.

[YOUTUBE]gtvyBgp-Wxs[/YOUTUBE]

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the packers. And fuck fake mermaids. Make a bigfoot thread. Ok one more then I'll go to lunch.

[YOUTUBE]gtvyBgp-Wxs[/YOUTUBE]

blaspheming bitch

have a nice lunch

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bigfoot-riding-nessie.jpg

:shocked:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they talk about mermaids?

they have a couple different things that they go looking for every episode. Kinda like Monster Hunter. They found hairs up in the Himalayas I think that they took and got tested that belong to a primate, but don't match any known primate. They also match up reasonably close to a human, but they aren't human hair. It was pretty cool.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have a couple different things that they go looking for every episode. Kinda like Monster Hunter. They found hairs up in the Himalayas I think that they took and got tested that belong to a primate, but don't match any known primate. They also match up reasonably close to a human, but they aren't human hair. It was pretty cool.

Sounds interesting. May have to give it a look.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Di they find any human scales?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds interesting. May have to give it a look.

Yeah, watch the one where they go looking for the yeti and then the one they go looking for the bigfoot. They are both tied together.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ people fucking believing that this shit is real. :L

If mermaids were real, you'd most likely see Jeremy Wade catching one by now.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point of these Mermaid shows from what I gathered is to bring attention to Navy Sonar tests that are killing and causing whale beachings. The first show talked about them non stop and the second at the end in the credits mentioned the sonar tests. Animal Planet aired it which also has shows like Whale Wars...

Blade, you are an idiot if you think we have discovered all there is to discover on this planet even concerning primates.

I haven't watched the show, but if the intent was to bring attention to the bolded there's nothing in the world wrong with that. It may be a little insidious, wrapping the story around the "search for mermaids", but it gets awareness out.

46&2's thread on the aquatic ape was actually a good one. It proved to me that he's the best kind of scientist. Looking for bonafide fact and and willing to consider theory if it's presented responsibly.

Speaking of mermaids, I just got a package of mermaid bath bomb soap in the mail today. Part of the proceeds benefits Sea Shepherd. Downloaded Ysanne Spevack's Mermaid song the other day (she plays strings for the Smashing Pumpkins), though I haven't listened to it yet. She's also an ardent supporter for Sea Shepherd.

(The soap is not very distinct, as you can see. Well.. a couple of things are distinct.)

uxGbqZD.jpg

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the show, but if the intent was to bring attention to the bolded there's nothing in the world wrong with that. It may be a little insidious, wrapping the story around the "search for mermaids", but it gets awareness out.

46&2's thread on the aquatic ape was actually a good one. It proved to me that he's the best kind of scientist. Looking for bonafide fact and and willing to consider theory if it's presented responsibly.

Speaking of mermaids, I just got a package of mermaid bath bomb soap in the mail today. Part of the proceeds benefits Sea Shepherd. Downloaded Ysanne Spevack's Mermaid song the other day (she plays strings for the Smashing Pumpkins), though I haven't listened to it yet. She's also an ardent supporter for Sea Shepherd.

(The soap is not very distinct, as you can see. Well.. a couple of things are distinct.)

uxGbqZD.jpg

Awwww.......

:hug:

:lol: