• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malkin

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with him? He is one of the most hot/cold players I have ever watched in my life. Seeing him at his best, you would think his worst would still be a pretty good player but he seems to be hiding along the boards this year. I just dont understand? On this team, they can make the average player look awesome. Something has to be wrong. Could he be playing hurt? Did he stop taking steroids? Did his girlfriend dump him?

Thoughts?

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his shoulder is still not right since the JVR hit. I noticed sometimes it seems he favors it when he gets in along the boards before receiving a hit. He's definitely run hot/cold these past few months. Maybe his goal against the Canes is a sign of things to come.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his shoulder is still not right since the JVR hit. I noticed sometimes it seems he favors it when he gets in along the boards before receiving a hit. He's definitely run hot/cold these past few months. Maybe his goal against the Canes is a sign of things to come.

I think you are right about his shoulder. Knowing what he is capable of just frustrates the hell out of me as does you I am sure. Just hope by playoffs hes ready to go all out and dominate like he can.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His shoulder may still be hurting... but you can just call him Mrs.Garrett... you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, 'Geno on Ice'. 'Geno on Ice'

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What the hell is wrong with him? He is one of the most hot/cold players I have ever watched in my life. Seeing him at his best, you would think his worst would still be a pretty good player but he seems to be hiding along the boards this year. I just dont understand? On this team, they can make the average player look awesome. Something has to be wrong. Could he be playing hurt? Did he stop taking steroids? Did his girlfriend dump him?

Thoughts?

Malkin is what he has always been: He has more raw talent than anyone in the NHL, and he uses about 85% of it. Honestly, his size alone gives him better tools than Crosby.. the difference is, Crosby is the most DRIVEN player in the NHL. If Malkin had Sid's work ethic, he would have Mario-esque stats.

Proof? When Malkin is in 'the zone' he puts up numbers and takes over games more than Crosby. When Geno is focused, he is THE only NHLer that can take home more hardware than Sid.

The problem there is, he can't maintain. I'm not knocking Evgeni Malkin... I'm saying he is human. I myself have the attention span of a squirrel on Mountain Dew, and I sympathize. He has a touch of a Russian-borne disease that I like to call Kovalevitis. It afflicts, for whatever reason, Eastern European players and causes varying degrees of slacking off or daydreaming. Malkin has a minor case. No where near as bad as others such as a Semin or, of course, Kovalev.

Crosby, when he's not suffering the effects of freak accidents or blindside hits after the whistle, is a robot. Superhuman the way Sid can bring it in games, practice, and in the offseason.

So, to wrap up my term paper, 2 main points:

1.) The freak that is Sidney Crosby with his insane focus, playing at his top level all the time... well.. it makes a guy like Malkin look worse than he is. All players go up and down. It is just more noticeable when the peaks are as high as they are with Geno, the valleys look lower than they are.

2.) More importantly, at his WORST, Evgeni Malkin is a point-per-game player. Some teams don't have ANY players that productive at their highest level. And at his BEST, Geno is (at the very least) tied for being the greatest player in the world.

Done.:lame:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin is what he has always been: He has more raw talent than anyone in the NHL, and he uses about 85% of it. Honestly, his size alone gives him better tools than Crosby.. the difference is, Crosby is the most DRIVEN player in the NHL. If Malkin had Sid's work ethic, he would have Mario-esque stats.

Proof? When Malkin is in 'the zone' he puts up numbers and takes over games more than Crosby. When Geno is focused, he is THE only NHLer that can take home more hardware than Sid.

The problem there is, he can't maintain. I'm not knocking Evgeni Malkin... I'm saying he is human. I myself have the attention span of a squirrel on Mountain Dew, and I sympathize. He has a touch of a Russian-borne disease that I like to call Kovalevitis. It afflicts, for whatever reason, Eastern European players and causes varying degrees of slacking off or daydreaming. Malkin has a minor case. No where near as bad as others such as a Semin or, of course, Kovalev.

Crosby, when he's not suffering the effects of freak accidents or blindside hits after the whistle, is a robot. Superhuman the way Sid can bring it in games, practice, and in the offseason.

So, to wrap up my term paper, 2 main points:

1.) The freak that is Sidney Crosby with his insane focus, playing at his top level all the time... well.. it makes a guy like Malkin look worse than he is. All players go up and down. It is just more noticeable when the peaks are as high as they are with Geno, the valleys look lower than they are.

2.) More importantly, at his WORST, Evgeni Malkin is a point-per-game player. Some teams don't have ANY players that productive at their highest level. And at his BEST, Geno is (at the very least) tied for being the greatest player in the world.

Done.:lame:

Well said! I dont get to watch all of the games but I do listen to the radio feed every game and its hard to get an idea how Malkin is really playing. I think you hit the nail on the head describing Sid and Geno and I couldnt agree more based on what I do see. Its frustrating knowing if all the Pens current roster played to potential, I honestly dont think they could be beat in a 7 game series.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be more than happy to take Malkin off of your hands.

signed
Sabres fans

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

signed
Sabres fans

You can have him Boss. Just wait until he is Jagrs age.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

signed
Sabres fans

He'll be in Edm by the end of next season... IF he will waive his no trade clause and go play with Nail... Pens get Hall, Gagner for example, they will round out the Pens #2 line... Edm gets #1 center, they have a #2 in RNH.

When I was a kid, I climbed trees... but I wasn't very good.. I always ended up on the smallest limb.. I guess I never learn, but when I fall this time, I wont get hurt.

Last edited by a moderator: